News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MillerCoors... WTF

Started by SirNik73, October 09, 2007, 04:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musicman

I can still remember when they actually built trucks... now they just build cars that look like trucks.

70charger_boy

Quote from: Musicman on October 15, 2007, 11:47:20 AM
I can still remember when thay actually built trucks... now they just build cars that look like trucks.

:yesnod:

Steve P.

Quote from: Musicman on October 15, 2007, 11:47:20 AM
I can still remember when they actually built trucks... now they just build cars that look like trucks.

But they have not improved on their seating in 70 years..........   :icon_smile_blackeye:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Musicman

Trucks were originally designed to withstand punishment while performing heavy work, not to comfort your a**  :nana:

Hence the problem of todays trucks being more like cars than actual trucks... Yuppies want their truck that they never use except for ego trips to ride more like their BMW.

The70RT

Quote from: Musicman on October 15, 2007, 06:55:58 PM
Trucks were originally designed to withstand punishment while performing heavy work, not to comfort your a**  :nana:

Hence the problem of todays trucks being more like cars than actual trucks... Yuppies want their truck that they never use except for ego trips to ride more like their BMW.

My friend just bought a new Ford 1/2 ton. The seat is firm like a brick. I drove it a couple weeks ago and I think my Dodge feels more comfortible to me. It was a base truck with cloth. Maybe a more expensive truck would be more comfy?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Steve P.

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 14, 2007, 04:07:03 PM
You guys need to drink Stella

Drink Stella?  I had Stella once and she wasn't that good..  :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steve P.

Quote from: The70RT on October 15, 2007, 07:25:47 PM
Quote from: Musicman on October 15, 2007, 06:55:58 PM

My friend just bought a new Ford 1/2 ton. The seat is firm like a brick. I drove it a couple weeks ago and I think my Dodge feels more comfortable to me. It was a base truck with cloth. Maybe a more expensive truck would be more comfy?

Sorry for the detour...  I like most beers. After the fourth or fifth one you could be drinking camel piss and not give a crap... Well, I guess maybe you would have to drink rather fast.....  ;)

I can't say I totally agree with that. Yes, many trucks on the road are more car than truck. BUT,,, I am talking about 1/2 - 1 ton trucks. These ARE considered (light duty trucks). What I don't agree with is that the light duty trucks I mentioned here come in many packages. A strip model or WORK TRUCK, (commercial use), normally has a cheap interior and lousy seating. Your buddy may have a cheaper packaged truck. What I am comparing is Fords 2nd from the top interior with DODGES TOP OF THE LINE interior. My F-250 Super crew Lariat IS super comfortable. The King Ranch is the top Ford.  I drove the owner of a Tarpon Dodge's personal truck. It was top of the line with all the bells and whistles including power opening top and all windows including the rear and a nav. system. Dually/diesel... The truck had a good ride, but the seats were rock hard and not soft to the touch either.. That truck had about 20K on it when I drove it. My truck had 32K when I bought it and now at 66K still rides nice and the seating is great..

I am comparing apples with apples.  Hell, I used to have a 4 wheel drive, 3/4 ton Suburban that had almost as nice a ride. My Avalanche had a very high center of gravity and it had a much better ride than any of the Dodges I have driven....

I used to work on Ford LN-9000's.  Good size tractor. They had better seating with near 1 million miles on them than the Dodge......

There is no excuse for not being comfortable these days.. Since I have a pretty bad back I notice a buck board right away. This is the ONLY reason I don't drive a Dodge truck... The only reason..................
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

70charger_boy

Ford trucks have the worst turning radius' and at number 2 is Chevy. 

Steve P.

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 15, 2007, 08:45:28 PM
Ford trucks have the worst turning radius' and at number 2 is Chevy. 

Like I said, I have driven them all and owned a bunch. By far ford has the comfort. And the quiet...  If the Dodge dealer would put my seating into a Dodge truck I would own one... It would of course be a diesel. I DO like the seating in the BACK of a Mega Cab... It's very roomy and comfortable.. Same truck, the front seat sucked.....   :shruggy:

I do make many U-Turns here in Florida. Yes my Super Crew takes 3 lanes to turn in... I have not paid much attention with that on others of the same length..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Musicman

Well, none of this has anything to do with beer... but then again... niether does Miller, Coors, Bud, Corona, etc..  :shruggy:

:cheers:

Steve P.

Sorry.. Didn't mean to go OFF TOPIC in the beer line.....    :cheers:  Here's a Saint Paulie Girl for ya....   ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida