News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 b body dash pad

Started by Runner, October 12, 2007, 07:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runner

i noticed that my perfect dashpad in my 68 satellite is cracked.   its a green pad.   is there a source for NICE dashpads that are correct in color?.     thanks  mike

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

8WHEELER

This is the only one I know of that is painted to match, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/68-1968-Dodge-Charger-Coronet-Super-Bee-Green-Dash-Cap_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40017QQihZ006QQitemZ160168253208QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I actually put a black one of these on my Dart, boy for the money it is well worth it.

But if you need a good actual pad, I would find an original pad, maybe have have to have it color
matched to your green, but I bought a repop unit, and had it color matched, put it in the car, in
a matter of days the right side was sagging down.

I would never buy another repop dash pad, they just don't have the re-enforcement in them like the
factory unit have, and they wiggle like a wet noodle, on the thinner 68's anyway................

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

bull

If your "perfect" dash pad only has one crack I'd look into getting it repaired.

Runner

ive only seen a couple dash pads that have been repaired and they left alot to be desired. it could easily been the person that did the work.   what type of place does this aside from just dashes?.   the car is far from a showcar, infact its my daily driver.   the dash pad was very nice so when i noced the crack it bothered me.   i just put a 4 speed in the car and wonder if some spirited launches and shifts diidnt cause a 40 old pad to shake and crack.   

i hve had a dash cap in my 71 roadrunner for over 10 years now without issue,  but when i put that on there wasnt much options except for just dashes.    anyway thanks for the input.    mike

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six