News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What carb fuel line for Holley DP on RB?

Started by Tom_440, October 12, 2007, 02:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_440

The cheap chrome fuel line on my Holley 4150 hits the distributor. What are you guys running that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

RJS

The best solution is to use the set-up from Greg David  of  Fabulous Fabrications,   303  666-9882  Only problem is he's recovering from surgery so he won't be able to produce any for a couple of weeks.  Even has a coil relocation bracket.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: RJS on October 12, 2007, 04:19:58 PM
The best solution is to use the set-up from Greg David  of  Fabulous Fabrications,   303  666-9882  Only problem is he's recovering from surgery so he won't be able to produce any for a couple of weeks.  Even has a coil relocation bracket.
:iagree:

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

471_Magnum

Get yourself a flaring kit and and some 3/8" aluminum tubing and fab your own.

Biggest challenge is finding a 3/8" IF tee. Not commonly stocked at most autoparts stores. You'll have to call around. My local CarQuest carries them.

Don't use steel brake line. That stuff is very difficult to work with. Since it is not seamless, getting a good double flare to seal is challenging. The seam creates a hard spot, and flares come out less than perfect.

Note that I have a Edelbrock CH4B intake, which relocates the coil and better positions is for use with a Holley. I'll post a photo as soon as I can find the dang camera....
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Tom_440

Thanks guys. That really looks nice. Although I already have a flaring tool  :scratchchin:

471_Magnum

Quote from: Tom_440 on October 15, 2007, 10:45:18 AM
Thanks guys. That really looks nice. Although I already have a flaring tool :scratchchin:
They need to be DOUBLE flares, so make sure you have the right tool(s).

What Chris has pictured is very similar to what I fabbed on my own.

Still looking for that dang camera....

"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Chryco Psycho

i use the Holley line with the inverted flaer in the end of the line , it is the shortest line I have found & offers the most clearance to the dist