News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More cool Airplane pictures!

Started by AKcharger, October 11, 2007, 11:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Some pictures of the F-22's I work on up here in Alaska...well I don't work on them, I just sit in an office and tell other people to work on them. Anyway, our base photo shop took a few pictures during the arrival ceremony and a demo, thought I'd share for those that like airplanes:

Multiple photos of "official arrival" back in Aug
 Taxi in

This one only had 15 hours on it when it arrived...even had new airplane smell!

Crew Chiefs! these guys rock!

AKcharger

AKcharger

Demo flight during the 90th Anniversary of the 90th Fighter Sq. The F-22 puts on a truly AWESOME show!

Rain/moisture helps make this a cool shot during the high speed pass

pass with all the weapons bay doors open

AKcharger

Misc F-22 Photos, thanks for looking!

68chrgrwife

those are some awesome pics and great looking planes!   BTW  anyone in the San Diego Area...the Miramar Air Show featuring the Air Force planes is this weekend!  parking and admission are free...there is tons of stuff to do/see and play with!  We go every year!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Badbob

I recently went to the Reno Air Races, T-6, P-38, P-51, Sea Fury, A-10, Mig, Corsair, Skyraider, Bearcat, Tigercat, Wildcat, Yak, Pitts, T-33 and a host of other super sport and jet aircraft. Thankfully nobody died the day we attended. The Merlins and radials were running around 480 MPH lap times and the jets around 500. Seeing a P-38 flying has been a lifelong dream of mine. The Tigercat was cool too, see the video. BTW great shots of the jets above, it's no wonder the US Military has always kicked ass.

Bob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLXjU8wJqYA

TruckDriver

Cool pics Bill!  :2thumbs:

I really like the one with the rain swirling around the plane.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Forza

Awesome pics!

Those F-22's are pure beasts :2thumbs:

Charger_Croatia

Greta pictures!  :2thumbs: I don't think I'll ever see F-22 live, though  :shruggy:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

4forty

Incredible machines! Thanks for the pics! :patriot:

bull

Those are very good pictures, and I'm not just talking about the subject matter. Good quality shots. :yesnod:

So how do they fly? Do the pilots like them?

skip68

Very cool pics! :2thumbs: Also the scenery up there is georgous!!!!!!!! You are very lucky to be able to look out your windows and see that view every day! :yesnod:
Mrs.Skip68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ponch ®

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on October 11, 2007, 11:49:12 PM
those are some awesome pics and great looking planes!   BTW  anyone in the San Diego Area...the Miramar Air Show featuring the Air Force planes is this weekend!  parking and admission are free...there is tons of stuff to do/see and play with!  We go every year!

Dang...its this weekend? Shoot...I know it'su sually sometime in October, but I completely forgot about it this year and made other plans... :rotz:

BTW - Am I the only one who thinks that the F22 looks ugly as hell on the ground? In the air, well, thats a different story....
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bull

No, you're not the only one, I don't think it's much to look at either. For one thing it's too neat and clean. Fighter jets should have a bunch of gnarly, scary and pointy things hanging off them for the intimidation factor if nothing else.

Orange_Crush

Quote from: bull on October 12, 2007, 01:38:49 PM
No, you're not the only one, I don't think it's much to look at either. For one thing it's too neat and clean. Fighter jets should have a bunch of gnarly, scary and pointy things hanging off them for the intimidation factor if nothing else.

See...I think the F-18 is an absolutely HIDEOUS plane.  It looks out of proportion and goofy to me.

Now the F-16...THERE'S a plane!
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

bull

I agree but I was just looking for an example. I'm actually more fond of some of the older, less glamorous war planes, like these below. I really love the A- and B-26s:

Ponch ®

When I was a kid I used to think the F-4 was hideous (mostly because for a long time I only knew them as the bad-guy-Russkie plane of choice in Iron Eagle II). It really grew on me though, and now I kinda like it.

Nevertheless, if we're talking old school, I have give a shout out to the F-104 Starfighter, one of my all time favorites. Even the name was cool!

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 12, 2007, 02:28:47 PM
When I was a kid I used to think the F-4 was hideous (mostly because for a long time I only knew them as the bad-guy-Russkie plane of choice in Iron Eagle II). It really grew on me though, and now I kinda like it.

Nevertheless, if we're talking old school, I have give a shout out to the F-104 Starfighter, one of my all time favorites. Even the name was cool!

WIngs so thin they could slice salami!  Now that was a badass plane.

Personally, I'm partial to the aforementioned F-16.  To me, it seems like one of the last true fighters...small and agile.

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

AKcharger

Quote from: bull on October 12, 2007, 09:29:13 AM
Those are very good pictures, and I'm not just talking about the subject matter. Good quality shots. :yesnod:

So how do they fly? Do the pilots like them?

Thanks sir, our photo guys are pros...I just steal their work  :icon_smile_big:

As far as flying them, there is nothing that can touch them in the air...nothing and pilots LOVE the ability to swat F-15 from the sky (practice of course) without the Eagle guys even knowing they're there. Now since I'm a maintainer my perspective is how they behave on the ground...and they are a diffrent airplane to say the least.

Oh, BTW one interesting note when you see other  demos like the SU-35 they're pretty impressive, almost the same as an F-22's show but the BIG difference is the SU-27 is clean and would never fly in combat like that...it would have stuff hung all over it and slow it down considerably, where as the F-22 does it's show in combat configuration, no external stores.

Guns N Rotors

Awesome! Just a heart stopping, beautiful aircraft!

AK, did you guys get that International date line thingy figured out yet?
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

Lowprofile

Wow! Great Pics AK!
I'm happy to hear the Pilots are happy w/ their new rides!  I've always been a big fan of the F-15E and the Tomcat. Will the F-15's go to the ANG or suffer the same fate as the F-14's? Man, that broke my heart to see them get crushed.  :bawling: :rotz:

Here's a few of my favorites....... :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Lowprofile

OC, this is just for you Bro!  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

AKcharger

Quote from: Guns N Rotors on October 12, 2007, 08:55:50 PM
AK, did you guys get that International date line thingy figured out yet?

Ah, you heard about that one huh? Yeah, that was kind of embarrassing. After about 2 days Lockheed Martin came up with a patch and fixed the problem. The F-22 is more of a computer with an airplane attached to it and  a lot of stuff is fixed with program patches.

For those that don't know what Guns was talking about when the F-22s from Langley went to Japan last year and crossed the Int'l date line everything except engines and flight controls shut down...no radios, navigation, CD player ect. Luckily they were being "dragged" by a tanker and simply went back to Hawaii to await the fix. The airplane got "confused" when it reached the Int'l date line and shut down.

Lowprofile:
The F-15's will be with us for a long time (I'm an old 15 guy) the "A" models are just about gone and the "C" models are spread through active duty and guard. They are still very capable and good planes. Only reason the 14's were crushed was Iran...they would do anything to get their hands on parts!

TheGhost

They crushed the F-14s?  Those were damn fine planes. :(

The second pic with the P-51 and the F-16 is desktop material, if it was bigger.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Khyron

Love the F-22, but i'm sorry. The F-18 is a work of art as well!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Lowprofile on October 13, 2007, 02:18:11 AM

The P-51 is one of the most beautiful warbirds ever built...IMHO.

BigBlackDodge

I've always been partial to the F4U's. :2thumbs:

BBD

bull

Quote from: AKcharger on October 13, 2007, 03:16:40 AM
For those that don't know what Guns was talking about when the F-22s from Langley went to Japan last year and crossed the Int'l date line everything except engines and flight controls shut down...no radios, navigation, CD player ect. Luckily they were being "dragged" by a tanker and simply went back to Hawaii to await the fix. The airplane got "confused" when it reached the Int'l date line and shut down.

:lol: Finally! Y2K rears its ugly head.

400/6/PAC

Quote from: Lowprofile on October 13, 2007, 02:13:58 AM
Wow! Great Pics AK!
I'm happy to hear the Pilots are happy w/ their new rides!  I've always been a big fan of the F-15E and the Tomcat. Will the F-15's go to the ANG or suffer the same fate as the F-14's? Man, that broke my heart to see them get crushed.  :bawling: :rotz:

Here's a few of my favorites....... :D
Cool Pics
I like this one

DukesofHoward

I just love airplanes...they make great targets!!

TheGhost

Quote from: Ponch ® on October 13, 2007, 12:40:17 PM
Quote from: Lowprofile on October 13, 2007, 02:18:11 AM

The P-51 is one of the most beautiful warbirds ever built...IMHO.

One of the most beautiful aircraft, in my not so humble opinion.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

AKcharger

Quote from: DukesofHoward on October 13, 2007, 10:39:16 PM
I just love airplanes...they make great targets!!

Only if ya' can see 'em  ;)

Ponch ®

Quote from: AKcharger on October 13, 2007, 03:16:40 AM

You serious? Do they really have a CD player...so the pilots can listen to "Danger Zone" or "One Vision"?

AKcharger

No...I was just kidding about that part, they're usually too busy to be worried about music selections :icon_smile_cool:

Guns N Rotors

Quote from: AKcharger on October 14, 2007, 01:13:11 PM
No...I was just kidding about that part, they're usually too busy to be worried about music selections :icon_smile_cool:

Is the latte machine in the 22 still considered Top Secret? :scratchchin:
"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighting aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be."

DukesofHoward

I actually do love airplanes...a couple of my favorite shots...

DukesofHoward

and some more...

DukesofHoward

then there's the tragic ones...

hemihead

They say the Raptors will be THE fighter for 100 years.To me , they are form and function superior. Thank God I'm an American ! And a Big thanks to all that serve or have served !  :cheers:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

70charger_boy

Nice pics.  My sister company makes the v22.  Yes, It's controversial, but I took a test flight in it and it is safe

Now, this plane has a CD and DVD player along with an Airshow system and rich corinthian leather

DukesofHoward