News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cant get 440 in my Charger to fire...after having it fired up last week.

Started by Blakcharger440, October 12, 2007, 08:19:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

I had the 440 in my Charger running last week and got it to idle around 900 rpm until it started looking like it was going to overheat so I shut it down.

Now I cant get it started again.

The first time I got it started the problem was that the battery I had wasnt giving it enough cranking power to start so I went out and purchased a brand new one and got it fired up. The battery I was using has 900 cranking power and fires up my brothers 440 Cuda with ease but would not fire up my car. The new battery has 1000 cranking amp.

But now it will not start. I have primed the 750 carb at the primary vent tube to fill the bowl up and cannot get the car started.

I loosened up the distributor bolt to advance and retard it but I have had no luck. I wonder what is going on.

VPFD13

What type of distributor are you running? Did you check for spark?
GO BIG OR GO HOME

To be born free man is an accident, to live as one a responsibility and to die as one an obligation

firefighter3931

:iagree: First thing is to check for spark....assuming that you have fire then have a look at the plugs. If the engine was flooded you might have fouled the spark plugs and will need to replace them.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs