News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bungee jumping

Started by Charger_Croatia, October 11, 2007, 08:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you do a "bungee" from 40 yds height?

Definitely!
2 (8.3%)
Probably yes.
7 (29.2%)
Maybe, depends on mood.
0 (0%)
Probably not.
4 (16.7%)
What!? Are you crazy!?
11 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Charger_Croatia

Just imagine. You are at the platform built at the cliff. Some 40 yards bellow you can see small waves and the rocks in shallow water. Around your legs you have a flexible sling which would guaranty you clearance of 2 feet above the water (this is calculated so you need to trust officials).
What would you do?

Me, I have some adventurous spirit so my answer is option 2.
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

dodgecharger-fan

I don't go on rides at amusement parks for much the same reason that I wouldn't do this. I am not in complete control.

RD

Petar!  R U NUTZ?  :nana: :silly: :image_294343: :puke:

što da li vi misliti ti si događaj? te obaviti imati trebate kupiti živ čeznuti život pravo? kvalitetno , uzeti slikovit bilo kako.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

68chrgrwife

you couldn't get me to bungee jump off anything no matter what!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Arthu®

I would probably do it. Adrenaline junky here...

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

TeeWJay426

I'd do it.... a bit of an adrenalin junkie myself- always make a beeline for the most badazz roller coaster in any amusement park I've ever visited, so this wouldn't be a problem.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on October 11, 2007, 10:03:06 AM

Not even for let's say 1 million $?  :D

Quote from: RD on October 11, 2007, 09:26:44 AM
Petar!  R U NUTZ?  :nana: :silly: :image_294343: :puke:

što da li vi misliti ti si događaj? te obaviti imati trebate kupiti živ čeznuti život pravo? kvalitetno , uzeti slikovit bilo kako.

Jamey, maybe I am (a little).  :nutkick:
BTW, thanks for try on Croatian but I can understand only half of it.  :shruggy:

Mike DC

I've bungee jumped before. 

It might have been 100-200 feet or something. 
I did this like 10 years ago and I can't remember exactly how high up the whole thing was now. 

The actual bungee jump was all over pretty fast.  It might look like a long way down, but it goes by in an instant. 

It actually kinda hurts when the bungee cord runs out & stretches taut.  Not awful, but it's a pretty strong jerk/pull even with all elasticity in the rubber.  (Although they have a couple of different cord thicnesses depending on your body wieght and I was at the lower end of my bracket.  That probably didn't help.)

I've also sky dived from about 4000 feet, and IMHO that was a better deal for how long & intense it all was. 

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Charger_Croatia on October 11, 2007, 11:14:16 AM

not even for 100 million dollars!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

TruckDriver

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on October 11, 2007, 08:38:59 AM
I don't go on rides at amusement parks for much the same reason that I wouldn't do this. I am not in complete control.
:iagree:

Stuff like that just doesn't do it for me either.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RD

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on October 11, 2007, 03:32:46 PM

hold on, you putting words in my mouth? hehehe :D  take pictures Petar... especially the one where you sheit your pants hehehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: RD on October 11, 2007, 07:14:17 PM
Quote from: 68chrgrwife on October 11, 2007, 03:32:46 PM

hold on, you putting words in my mouth? hehehe :D  take pictures Petar... especially the one where you sheit your pants hehehe

Hey Jamey, I didn't say that i will do that, only that I would probably jump, so no pictures of that  :slap:
68chrgrwife, I was just kidding about the money (my wife is with you on this). There are some things in the life which I wouldn't do it and there is not enough money that someone could offer to do that. So, I agree with you  :cheers:

remta1

is this right ? :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

remta1

or......

Charger_Fan

I would gladly watch people bungee jump all day...but I ain't gonna do it. Maybe when I was younger, but nowdays I don't feel the burning urge to do a lot of the dumb things I used to. :icon_smile_tongue:

I ride my motorcycle fast sometimes, that's enough to satisfy most adrenaline rushes I may need these days. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

I would have done it 20 years ago but these days I can't afford to have my body splattered across rocks at the bottom of a ravine. But if that did happen my wife could pay the house off with my insurance policy, so that's a plus. And yes, I'd do it for $1 million in a heartbeat. I'd probably even do it for $10k.

Old Moparz

I'll pass on the bungee jump as well. My biggest worry would be a back problem when it's over. I'd rather jump from a plane with a parachute, but my desire to try that kind of faded with age. I'm not afraid of heights, but the more chances there are for injury, the less interested I become. Now one thing I did do that I thought was cool, was a bridge inspection over the East River in NYC. The engineer I was with in the bucket was scared out of his mind. Every time the bucket moved he dropped to his knees & grabbed onto the railing.  :lol:

Here's a photo of the actual bridge, The Alexander Hamilton, & a few others of the type of bucket truck we used. It reaches out, down, & under the bridge.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bull

Not just your back but many body parts can be seriously injured. I talked to a guy once who's retina was detached during a bungee jump.