News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got my orders- moving to Clovis NM nlt 15 DEC

Started by Afflyer, October 08, 2007, 02:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Afflyer

Just got back from a two week trip out to Cannon AFB where AFSOC formally took possession of the base from ACC and gave all of east central NM a new lease on life (especially Clovis and Portales).  We took over the reigns on October 1st.  I signed for my orders and gave a date of December 15th for my report no later than date.

I'll be honest with you guys- Clovis, NM is not such a bad place!  I mean, just for starters, the weather there just cannot be beat!  Up to a high of 82* during the day and a low of 55* at night with absolutely NO humity at all.  AWESOME!  Perfect crusing weather for the Hemi-Orange beast!  :2thumbs:

There is one thing that I cannot even begin to comprehend; the cost of housing in this town that sits in the middle of no-where!  The wife and I were driving around the NE sector of Clovis (where it is highly desireable to live), and found the price per square foot ranging from $100 to $125.  Outrageous!
I mean, that is the costs you'd see in Destin or Panama City, Florida- NOT what you'd expect in the high-plains of east central New Mexico.  It's not worth it.

We fell in love with a 2414 square foot home built in 2005 and the guy wants $270K.  I did all of the investigative leg work at the county court house on the property and found it it was built for only $166K and the current tax rolls have it at $175K.  We bid $215 plus $6K rent for six months directly into his pocket and he so much as hung up the phone without even giving a counter-offer to us.  I mean that is just pure unadulterated GREEEEEEED.

Unbelieveable.

That is the only smear we have on moving out west to Clovis, New Mexico.  Aside from the cost of housing, we really really believe we'll have a great time out there- I was amazed at just how much you could see on the outskirts of town- you could see fifty miles out into the horizon!  Awesome.

Like it has always been said, a new assignment is only as good as you make it out to be.  We have a really positive outlook on the last and final assignment in my Air Force career. 

Looking forward to taking the Charger out into the humidity-free, high plains air on those cool summer nights next year!  :coolgleamA:

Bradley
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

70charger_boy

DukesofHoward

$270K for 2414 sq ft? That's a steal! House that size would cost nearly $1 Million in the greater (ahem) Seattle area.

Congrats on getting stationed in NM. Beautiful country. Take a run from Clovis up into the Gila's sometime. There's a little town called Magdalena with some really interesting people. Especially the old conspiracy theorist. Quite entertaining.

2Gunz

Ya thats a deal I take two !

Glad you like your move.

sixpack70

Don't bring your car to El Paso unless you want a few dents from Chihuahua cars!
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd