News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Bodies

Started by Lowprofile, October 11, 2007, 01:37:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Mike DC

But then people wouldn't have anything to complain about with the yearly "Dukesfest" shows.

hemihead

And pay $50,000 for a new body ? That's what happens when someone repros a new part.You start with a used part that is hard and expensive to find. Then somebody starts making them and the price doubles or triples.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

bull

They were talking about doing a Cuda but I don't know if it will happen. If it ever does happen with the Charger it'll probably be third in line behind the Cuda and Challenger. The cool thing about this idea for the Charger is that the '68 and '69 would almost be interchangeable except for the side markers and tail panel.

I think $15k is a great price considering you get doors and a decklid. I think the Camaro version costs even less and comes with fenders doesn't it? http://www.superchevy.com/technical/paint_body/bodies_panels/0506sc_cars/

The70RT

I seen new 57 Chevy convertibles for 50K at the goodguys show this summer :eek2: Just add drive train,wiring, interior, trim,glass, tires, wheels...bla....bla...bla
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

68charger383

I saw the Taiwan Mustang at the Cruisin for a Cure show last month. The vendor told me that that they have a Camaro and a 57 Chevy...the Cuda has been put on hold so it is unclear if it will be made.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on October 11, 2007, 02:17:28 AM
But then people wouldn't have anything to complain about with the yearly "Dukesfest" shows.
As long as there are slack jawed, mullet wearin, inbreeds in the stands I'll be just fine.  :D
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Mike DC

By the logic some of you guys are throwing around, there's no point in reproducing any Charger parts at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The repros of anything are always higher priced than we want.  We always complain about it, say we'll never buy them, blah, blah, blah.  But the net effect is that the rich guys buy the repros, so the prices on the used stuff hits a ceiling and stops climbing higher.  It helps us all out.  And eventually we all start buying the repros anyway when the remaining used stuff can no longer be rehabbed for any less money than the price of the repros (this point was eventually coming whether there were repros available or not).

Reproduction stuff is good for the hobby.  Period. 

They could price the repro bodies at a million dollars apiece, so what?  The repro company's not putting a gun to anyone's head to buy them.  They're not buying up & crushing all the restorable old bodies to force us to buy their stuff. 

And even if they did price the new bodies too high, that doesn't mean someone else won't just come out with a reasonably-priced one anyway and take all their business.  (Remember Hardcore Racing's $2500 quarter skins? Then A.M.D. starts tooling up some $800 versions before the HC ones can even get to market.)

rlushia

I see a lot of discussion about who's panels for 68,69 and70 Chargers are out and when more will be out. I can honestly say I am shipping the quarters panels for all three of those years. I have them in stock and so far each customer feedback has been fantastic. I wrote before that no matter what anyone says I will only tell you what I have when it is in my hands package and ready to go. Also it has to be and is what I said they would be. A made in America Part that is contour correct and of the same gauge steel as they were meant to be originally and that is 18 gauge. I have them in stock for all three years and stamp seperately for all three years because of the side light difference. I can only tell you the facts. i am telling you at this time that the door skins are available now the packaging is designed and they are being shipped out. You need only to look at on of these quarters or door skins and you will see what I consider to be a premier piece. The 2495.00 retail price on the quarters is exactly what it is an MSRP . I have open the door for any member of the forum to get a group together and approach me about a members group buy. It only make sense to me to  work with you guys as obviously there is a ton of knowledge and die hard charger people in the members here. It only takes one phone call to me to discuss how many are interested and how far I can bend to help you guys out. I will tell you one thing for sure if you are wanting a quarter panel  a full quarter panel  that is correct and gauged right and made in the United States and packaged in the United States it is impossible to have them at 600.00 and have all these things too. When I purchased the company from Hardcore Racing I looked on these forums and read tons of magazines and all were to agree that these features were sorely needed. I worked on the project and saw the direction they were headed and how animant they were about making these features exactly what the people were asking for. I won't bite, I don't pout so all I ask is that you give me a call and lets chat. If you are close enough you are more than welcome to see the plant and be treated as my VIP guest when you go there> You might even talk me out of lunch as we chat about the questions you might have and after seeing things first hand on things you want to see me do  next. My thoughts are to even try to get a board together for me to get input and indeas from. Well the challenge is there please take advantage of it and let me know if you would be interested in sitting in on some round table discussions.

Sincerely
Ron Lushia
President/CEO
Classic Body Designs Inc.
123 E. Walled Lake Drive
Walled Lake, Michigan   48390

office   248-624-5952
my cell   248-767-9029

You can even fax 248-624-5953                     website  www.classicbodydesigns.com

69charger2002

very classy statement there captain. i completely respect that input on your quarter panels. especially among criticism(me included at times) that $2500 is steep for a quarter panel. i'd be interested in a group buy if it works out..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/