News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MillerCoors... WTF

Started by SirNik73, October 09, 2007, 04:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

Miller is joining forces with Coors.... that is just wrong.

What is going on?

Cats Sleeping with Dogs?

is the world coming to an end? this is just not natural.

they say its in a effort to out sell Budweiser... Ok I can agree with
that. i'll drink a Coors before a Bud... but really... that is just
wrong.

If Chrysler and Ford merge to out sell GM i might have to leave the
country...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071009/ap_on_bi_ge/molson_coors_sab_miller_13

Thank God for Pabst Blue Ribbon

:cheers:
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

70charger_boy

You actually like Pabst Blue Ribbon?

SirNik73

you can't buy a finer beer for $4.00
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

70charger_boy

There was a club in Cherry Hill, NJ called The Iguana.  They had 5 cent draft night on Tuesday's.  It was Pabst Blue Ribbon and let me tell you it was rough going down and rougher going out. 

I think this Miller Coors thing will make more people drink Bud

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 1hot68 on October 09, 2007, 04:37:25 PM
Quote from: SirNik73 on October 09, 2007, 04:34:38 PM
what about Hamms?

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Miller has been on a downslide for years and losing market share since the 70's. They lost the Lite market and never recovered with their other brands. Consolation has been the key to survival for years in the beer making industries.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Musicman

If your idea of a good beer is Miller, Bud, Coors, or any one of the other highly advertised Just Gotta Have It TV beers... then it's already to late, just shoot yourself...  :slap:

71ChallengeHer

Don't know anything about this til tomorrow til I talk to the Beer Reps. It wouldn't surprise me since Bud bought Rolling Rock. And Coors bought Molson.  :scratchchin:

Todd Wilson

TruckDriver

Quote from: SirNik73 on October 09, 2007, 04:34:38 PM

Yup! Besides, it's waaaaaaaaayy better than Old Style :eek2:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Musicman

Pabst Blue Ribbon... when it comes to cheap lite beers, Pabst is the exception to the rule... it's always been a good all around beer. Lite duty, but still a good beer none-the-less... I like it when I'm doing stuff around the house or around the yard. You can drink that stuff all day.

BMOTOXSTAR

Can't beat the 18 packs of Coor's Light!
The Coors Light 24oz  Road Soda's at  the local gas station for 99 cents rock, you even get a sip n' sac with them. :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

hemi68charger

Let's hear it for Old Frothingsloth !!!       :rofl:

Orrrrrrrrrr,  the Tennet's bikini editions..

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

nh_mopar_fan

What's all this beer discussion doing in a topic titled "MillerCoors"?

supserdave

Red necks, white socks, and blue ribbon beer!!! :cheers:

Back on topic, I don't think they have a chance against A.B. To many "trendy" people drink it.

Ponch ®

It's all about King Cobra!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Lowprofile

I'm digging the new Miller "Chill" beer. Goes good with Pizza!  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Ponch ®

Quote from: Lowprofile on October 10, 2007, 01:34:28 PM
I'm digging the new Miller "Chill" beer. Goes good with Pizza!  :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big:

Is that the one that's supposed to taste like michelada? I had one at the Whisky a few weeks ago (it was the cheapest one they had). It was ok...but I wasn't too impressed. The lime-y taste didn't really do it for me.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

68chrgrwife

They are pretty good, but I am a bud select drinker or corona if i am broke.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Lowprofile

I'm not much of a beer drinker anyways, but I have usually always had Corona in the fridge. This Miller tastes like that. I am sure they made it to go after Corona's market share.

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

Old Moparz

I would rather have an amber beer, or even a dark beer that has flavor. The only inexpensive beer that I don't mind drinking is Miller High Life & I don't know why. You can keep all the other ones they make, like "Ice" or "Lite" or "Genuine Draft" & whatever other name they can dream up.   :eek2:

MMMMM, Beer.  :D

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on October 10, 2007, 01:48:34 PM

They are pretty good, but I am a bud select drinker or corona if i am broke.

I like Bud Select too. Corona tastes like piss water, IMHO (and this is coming form a messcan). If I have to drink Mexican beer, I usually go with Tecate, Modelo, or XX.

TeeWJay426

Corona (Mexican Budweiser)..... Pabst..... Miller ..... Bud..... how can all you fans of one of the greatest cars ever made, have such awful taste in beer??????  :icon_smile_dead:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Lowprofile

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on October 10, 2007, 02:05:57 PM
Corona (Mexican Budweiser)..... Pabst..... Miller ..... Bud..... how can all you fans of one of the greatest cars ever made, have such awful taste in beer?????? :icon_smile_dead:

Don't be such a Beer snob bro!  :D

I can never get over the fact that some people think that drinking warm, dark beer makes them cool, hip, or knowledgeable.  :shruggy:

I'll just stick with my white trash beer, in the fridge on the porch of my double-wide. :cheers:

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger