News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Name some lesser know movie mopars or comercial cars

Started by C_stripes, October 07, 2007, 09:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FastCharger

I just found out my #2 listed school bus movie was called Wheels of Terror.

I found it looking through this cool list. It seems someone compiled a whole list of movies with car chases in it.

http://www.varaces.com/index.php?option=com_staticxt&staticfile=search.php&mode=all
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

1FastCharger

Just found the first movie with the vigilante - it was called The Gladiator.

hemi-hampton

Forgot the name but this one had Tyne Daly as a Car Theif & Joe Don Baker as a Cop after her. Anybody remember this one, Didn't Gumball Rally & Death Race 2000 have some Mopars in them? Ron Howards Eat my Dust & Grand Theft Auto, Smash Palace, Lock up with Sylvester Stallone had a 70 Coronet his Girlfriend Darlane Fluegel drove, Miami Vice had a nice black (I think it was black?) 69 GTX Convertible in one episode. LEON.

SeattleCharger

Cool computer game Need for Speed CARBON has an SRT8 Charger, a 70 Barricuda, and a 69 Charger, and a Chrysler 300, and the new Challenger.  You can radically change everything about the way they look and change performance upgrades,  handling and power characteristics, or leave em stock, sway bars, super chargers, oversteer or understeer, different tires, nitrous, trans, cams, intakes, torque or hp, lower end boost or high boost after slower buildup on turbos or intercoolers, springs or shocks, way more things, sort of cool to change the settings and see how car accelerates or handles, can tweak things a lot,  lots of ride heights, wheel sizes, hundred kinds of rims,  good way to try different design things of how a charger can look, 15 to 21 inch rims,  

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

TUFCAT

How about the '62 Plymouth Belvedere cop car driven by officer Bimbo in Hollywood Knights.... :icon_smile_big:

1FastCharger

I just remembered a very obscure movie. It is the end of the world...the sun is going to supernova. A guy meets an Asian woman and tries to help her find her husband. Along the way they go to his buddies house to borrow a car. I think he had a bunch of Mopars. They borrow a lime green B body. Ultimatetly they cannot find her husband. The sit in chairs pointing guns at each other with a record playing. When the song stops they are supposed to pull the trigger. ???? Does anyone know this movie? It might have been a made for HBO movie.

rav440

Quote from: 1FastCharger on October 12, 2007, 04:19:32 PM
I just remembered a very obscure movie. It is the end of the world...the sun is going to supernova. A guy meets an Asian woman and tries to help her find her husband. Along the way they go to his buddies house to borrow a car. I think he had a bunch of Mopars. They borrow a lime green B body. Ultimatetly they cannot find her husband. The sit in chairs pointing guns at each other with a record playing. When the song stops they are supposed to pull the trigger. ???? Does anyone know this movie? It might have been a made for HBO movie.

did they at least wait to see the sun go into supernova before they shot each other ?
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Chris G.

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 08, 2007, 11:14:15 AM
Anyone recognize this car?...  :popcrn:  Can you name the movie?  :scratchchin:

XS

I am gonna guess it was from "The Legend of Billie Jean", but I think they used a '72 or '73 Challenger 'Vert. It had a tunnel ram on it as well.

Also, Gung Ho has a '68 for a brief minute at the very start of the movie. That was a great flick.

71gtx

Quote from: C_stripes on October 07, 2007, 09:40:53 PM
Cars like the burger king road runner and the 1800 callatt charger. Also like the cars in the orig Gone in 60 like the 71 GTX they wreck and there are two different 71 chargers plus others.

it was not a 71 gtx  it was 71 ssp :icon_smile_big:

The70RT

Quote from: Red Ram on October 12, 2007, 02:55:26 AM
Dodge Dart in Duel with Dennis Weaver!

Yeah that was funny as hell. That slant six about got him killed. :lol:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

71gtx

1FastCharger

did they at least wait to see the sun go into supernova before they shot each other ?

ha ha ha....no. I think at the end the record was playing then the screen went white. I gues they did see it go supernova and never pulled the triggers.

About the car I think it was a lime green 70 Super Bee. I wish I could remember what it was called to check on the car.

daytonakid

My 1970 sport satelite convertible was used in the movie nearing grace. It comes out on Dvd on the 23rd. Heres the link to the trailer. http://www.tvguide.com/movies/nearing-grace/283656 My car is in the trailer. My shop also built a clone that was blown up in the movie. There is a brief shot of that on the trailer. Bill
Owner East Portland Auto Body www.eastportlandautobody.com

chargerman68

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on October 10, 2007, 12:05:56 PM
What about the Mopar in the good movie The Punisher?  The bad guy hitman at the drawbridge scene had a green challenger.

no it was a roadrunner
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

1FastCharger

I just watched the movie THE DRIVER. It was actually pretty good. There were a few good chases although no Mopar. I did spot some background Chargers.

onebadmopar

HITMAN 149

69 or 70 blue charger parked on street in BRONX TALE.
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

451-74Charger

Did anyone mention Deathproof?
that was the WORST movie I have seen EVEN
even the car chase was 3rd rate

Ghoste

With Tarantino it's more about the violence anyway.  For him, destroying the car was far more important than a well crafted car chase.  (and I generally like Tarantino's work)

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

71ChallengeHer

70charger_boy

1968 Charger B5

That yellow bee was also used in nip tuck, seans kid matt or whatever drives it and runs over some girl, i dont watch the show but was surfing channels a year back and noticed it.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

rav440

a black 69-71 FURY or POLARA skyed to all hell with the exhust run into the passenger compartment & a trunk full of bunnys  up in THUNDERBOLT & LIGHTFOOT  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX