News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Name some lesser know movie mopars or comercial cars

Started by C_stripes, October 07, 2007, 09:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73ChargerSE

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 09, 2007, 04:08:46 PM
Quote from: 73ChargerSE on October 09, 2007, 04:07:06 PM
Not a movie but Malcolm in the Middle had a fastback Barracuda in one of the episodes.  Can't find a picture of it though.

Yeah, that was the one that the frankie Munoz kid wanted to buy, but his parents said no 'cause it was a heap of crap.  I think he bought it anyway

If I remember correctly, it said that it had a hemi in it, but was actually a small block or something

chargerrt

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on October 09, 2007, 12:06:26 PM
Quote from: chargerrt on October 09, 2007, 08:57:17 AM
There is a Audioslave music video based on Vanishing Point with the Challenger driving through the desert.  Tool also has a music video with a black/black '69 Charger.  In the first Scary Movie the guy in the wheelchair drives an orange '69 Road Runner.  When I'm famous and in a movie I'm gonna drive a maroon and black '67 GTX

That music video is cool, but you might be talking about A Perfect Circle  "The Outsider",  hot babes and black charger   :2thumbs:
here is the link, crank it up:   

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RGhBu1sBICw

maximize screen by clicking on box on lower right of video part of screen on little box, if ya didn't know.

Ya your right.  Maynard Keenan from Tool is in that band too...I just got the two mixed up :2thumbs:

Charger1970

:scratchchin:
There's a Montlick and Associates commercial running here in Atlanta with a yellow 69 Road Runner.
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

Bullit_68

I hate the smashing Pumpkins but i remember one of their videos had a 3rd gen charger in it.

Bullit_68

The Beverly Hillbillies had a Red Coronet ragtop i can,t remember what year though.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: chargerrt on October 09, 2007, 06:32:24 PM
There is a Audioslave music video based on Vanishing Point with the Challenger driving through the desert.  Tool also has a music video with a black/black '69 Charger.  In the first Scary Movie the guy in the wheelchair drives an orange '69 Road Runner.  When I'm famous and in a movie I'm gonna drive a maroon and black '67 GTX

That music video is cool, but you might be talking about A Perfect Circle  "The Outsider",  hot babes and black charger   :2thumbs:

maximize screen by clicking on box on lower right of video part of screen on little box, if ya didn't know.

Ya your right.  Maynard Keenan from Tool is in that band too...I just got the two mixed up :2thumbs:

I figured that,  just wanted an excuse to put the link to the video on here    :D

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

70charger_boy

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on October 09, 2007, 08:07:27 PM
Quote from: chargerrt on October 09, 2007, 06:32:24 PM

I figured that,  just wanted an excuse to put the link to the video on here    :D

I posted that link at least 20 times on here and its on my profile page  :D

DukesofHoward

There's a blue and white daytona (clone?) in one of the spice girls videos (don't ask me how I'd know that - I have kids).

Bullit_68

There,s a yellow 73 Duster in Edward Scissorhands

71ChallengeHer

Al Bundy drove a Gold Duster in Married With Children. And there was a lot of nice Mopars on Miami Vice.

Ghoste

Quote from: Bullit_68 on October 09, 2007, 07:36:23 PM
The Beverly Hillbillies had a Red Coronet ragtop i can,t remember what year though.

They had more than one, in fact, they may have had a new one for each year the show was one.  For sure there was a 69 and I think the other was a 65.

Ghoste

Quote from: bordin34 on October 09, 2007, 01:57:41 PM
There are a lot of Mopars at a car rental place in the movie "The Mexican"

Doesn't Pitt drive a 3rd gen Charger for a very very short period in that film?

TeeWJay426

Can't believe the red '66 from 'Big Fish' hasn't been mentioned yet.

In the last season of the series 'Wiseguy', Ken Wahl drove a '70 Challenger R/T.

The fire truck that Rescue Squad 51 drove in 'Emergency' was a '72 or 3 1 ton Dodge.

And wasn't the car in 'Blue Velvet' a '68 Charger? (Not sure of that one...... :shruggy:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Bullit_68

Charlie Sheen drove a white 70 Challenger in a movie i,m not sure but i think the name of it was Drop Zone or something.

SeattleCharger

What about the Mopar in the good movie The Punisher?  The bad guy hitman at the drawbridge scene had a green challenger.

learical1

The Karen Carpenter Story has lots of old mopars from Richard Carpenter's collection.
Bruce

0X01B8

one of my favorite movies - Hot Rods to Hell!  1961 Plymouth Belvedere.  check out the movie if you haven't seen it - it's hysterical.  it's the story of a man who gets a groin injury, so he moves the family out west only to be hassled by teenagers in a corvette, further aggravating his lower back pain.  my favorite character is the blonde girl who seems to be having a paranoid, aggressive panic attack for most of the movie.

-john

chargerrt

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on October 10, 2007, 07:23:30 AM
Can't believe the red '66 from 'Big Fish' hasn't been mentioned yet.

How in the world did I forget that one?  That's one of my favorite movies.

Ghoste

superduperbee

In the movie Corky's Robert Blake drove a '68 Barracuda with a Daytona wing on it. The car was also used in a TV auto insurance commercial.

rav440

73-74 road runner in THE BOYS NEXT DOOR
71-72 road runner in LOVE & A .45
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

WheresMyCharger

I think that '68 S/S Hemi Barracuda was also used in a Sears DieHard battery commercial. Mannix drove a black Barracuda converible. Miss Hathaway?? from the bank on the B-Hillbillies always had a new Dodge without the windsheild.Chuck Norris drove a lifted Dodge Ram in his TV series.
Didn't Homer Simpson have a Roadrunner in his younger days?
My favorite quick mopar clip is the Cuda in the movie Phatasm(Phantasia??)
Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

1FastCharger

I just watched a movie last night called FUNNY CAR SUMMER. It is about a year in the life of Jim Dunn. I watched the movie once and then watched it again to check out all the backgroud cars.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

1FastCharger

Two more really obscure movies.

1. A guy in a (71?)Charger chases a lady in a short school bus. I can't remember the title.

2. A guy teaching his little brother to drive gets run into by a '69 Charger. The Charger pushes them through an intersection and they get Tboned. The little brother dies. The older brother rebuilds his truck (including a harpoon) and goes vigilante on bad drivers. He decides to turn himself in after going vigilante on a pregnant couple rushing to the hospital. On the way to turn himself in he runs across the same Charger. I forgot the name of this one too.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

SeattleCharger

I know this thread wasn't meant to include new chargers, but it was sort of funny what the kill bill lady does to her boyfriend's new charger in the newer movie My Super ex Girlfriend,  lets just say she thrashes the car really bad