News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

x

Started by dads_69, October 05, 2005, 04:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dads_69

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

1968 Charger B5

1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

73dodge

Um why buy a used camaro when you can build the entire car in repop sheet metal from year one. In this months muscle car enthusiast mag they are currently building a 69 convertable camaro totally out of repoped pieces no used parts at all all new remanufactured pieces.   So why buy used? just build yourself a new one out of mail order parts.

Keep the real muscle car, your Charger, and build yourself a daily driver of a 69 camaro and blend in with the rest world..........
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

41husk

Can you afford to purchase the Chebby and not sell your Charger?  If so that is the way I would go.  Charger prices have gone through the roof and may never return to earth, so if you sell you may not be able to get a compareable charger back in the future.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

2Gunz

Cars are a passion. Without that passion then its pointless.

Just the fact that you are thinking about it, pretty much tells me what you should do.

Sell.

With that in mind...........

Dont sell it all just to sell it, sell it with a purpose.

Dont sell stuff cheap to have it gone, we all now alot of this stuff is worth a fortune.  You WILL hate yourself later for it.

Keep the stuff you know you cant replace. You will be back and wouldnt it be nice to have a few old friends?

Im looking for a non cracked Charger steering so before you throw it out  .... Ill pay good money   :icon_smile_cool:

Troy

Quote from: 73dodge on October 05, 2005, 07:13:29 AM
Um why buy a used camaro when you can build the entire car in repop sheet metal from year one. In this months muscle car enthusiast mag they are currently building a 69 convertable camaro totally out of repoped pieces no used parts at all all new remanufactured pieces.   So why buy used? just build yourself a new one out of mail order parts.

Keep the real muscle car, your Charger, and build yourself a daily driver of a 69 camaro and blend in with the rest world..........

Have you priced those repro parts? Building a Camaro - or any car - from the ground up with all new parts will cost 3X more than building the Charger. You can build about half of a Charger from repro parts but you better have a fat wallet and lots of time. It's much, much cheaper to buy a complete running car no matter what it is (except the obvious ones like ultra-rare cars selling in the millions). Just having the wiring, seat tracks, and some decent trim saves a lot of money.

Mark, how many more driving days do you have up there? Is this something you plan on having for the spring or something you can do right now? Is the car a project or a driver? I'd love to have a car to drive right now but I'm not sure I'd sell everything to get a Camaro. Maybe if it said Yenko, COPO, or 427 somewhere on it. :P The Camaro that you mentioned is on my Top Ten list but it's a few rungs down from the Charger. If I had one to drive I don't think I'd care right now though. You know where to go if you need to pick up Charger parts in the future and if you can come out ahead on the Charger and parts then I'd make the deal. You know which parts are hard to come buy so, as stated above, try to hang on to those if you think you're going to need them later on.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

LeeBoy

My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

cudaken

Mick, what parts do you need? I have friends that have all most anything you might need.

Cuda Ken
I am back

myk

Wow Ken, would that include grill work too? 
In any case, if you've given up on your Charger it will do no good to keep it.  Having a big block RS/SS Camaro 'vert as a driver is impossible to pass up as far as I'm concerned.  Keeping a hobby or other extra-curricular activity needs enjoyment and passion to keep it going.  Without the enjoyment and passion then the hobby just becomes another chore to deal with. 

Arkgl01

I have had several GM's and loved them but everytime I was in a 64 or 72 vette and saw a charger or cuda... :icon_smile_tongue: :o They may not make alot of parts available but in the muscle car world mopars are the baddest and the rarest and if I am at a show or a cruise in, I all ways go to mopar first. You see alot more vettes and camaros than you do chargers. IMO
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

MGBRingo

There is nothing wrong with collecting different brands of cars.  I have several brands and like each one of them for a different reason. 

Like some others have said though if you sell the Charger now it will likely be difficult to replace it in the future.  It will cost you a lot more then than now.   Keep it if you can and put it on the back burner.  Buy the Camaro and enjoy it.

dd44068

Ghoste

I know exactly where you're coming from Mark.  Right down to the opportunity to buy back the car I lust for and shouldn't have sold in the first place.  Like you, it's out of reach.  I like the car I have but I am looking for "The One", or at least the next one.
Buy the Camaro but only if you have a passion for it.  Really, really think it through before selling the Charger though.

2Gunz

I think you should sell the current Charger.  Sell off parts you have lying around. Take out a loan and buy back the special Charger.

30 Grand is alot, but you cant put a price on something you love.

Get back your dads Charger... thats the thing to do.

69charger2002

2 words for ya bud. BRAND LOYALTY.  if you sell this charger, you should be hunting another. the parts finding is just an excuse.. the reason you want a camaro is to have something different, or try something new, that wears off FAST and then you're stuck wanting again. just keep the charger, buy the camaro, play with it for a little while, you will want to sell it in no time, especially after you go to a big chevy car show with it and people walk right past it(cause there are 4000 others to try and see). then you will be glad you still have that charger laying around.. my advice is like some others. forget the camaro, sell your charger, and take a loan for the rest to get your baby back that you sold in 1990. it's the one to me that sounds like a keeper
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

67_Dodge_Charger

Work on it if you don't have a strong relationship with your current Charger.   :icon_smile:

I have had two chargers that mean more to me than my current Charger projects.  But the road trips to pick up the cars will always be at the top of the list of stories for my kids.  It is tempting to buy another car that runs and is needing less work but the hard work you put into your Charger will provide you with the factors of a strong relationship.  Sounds like marital advice.   :icon_smile_big:

Keep the Charger.  Buy the Camaro and sell it when you get tired of it.

Robert

DodgeChargerNeeded

One simple comment, "A Camaro isn't a Charger"

Camaros are everywhere, Chargers are a rare breed
Jeff

Blakcharger440

Keep the Charger and buy a beater 69 Camaro or Chevelle that you can flog without any care because if ya break them they will not be too expensive to fix!  :o 

Silver R/T

try to keep it, unless youre family is starving
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

derailed

ill bet you a couple of days from now this urge will go away. We all get pissed from time to time and get strange thoughts but dont settle for something you really dont want, wait it out and keep saving money for your resto.

JR

If you really want to sell the 69 then go for it. We can't make you do anything.

However, might I suggest that if your going GM why not get one of the more desirable ones?

How about a 67 GTO? 70 442? 70 Trans AM? etc.

I cant' wipe my ass without 69 camaros getting in the way. I'm sure most people here don't even bother to look at them.

I'd keep the 69 though. I havent driven either of my 2 chargers in 3 years. Were in the same boat.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

derailed

Quote from: JR on October 08, 2005, 08:51:22 AM

How about a 67 GTO? 70 442? 70 Trans AM? etc.

I cant' wipe my ass without 69 camaros getting in the way. I'm sure most people here don't even bother to look at them.

I'd keep the 69 though. I havent driven either of my 2 chargers in 3 years. Were in the same boat.

I agree, i would die to own a 67 goat myself but the problem is hell end up spending more money for one of them than it would cost to build the charger. At least 69 camaros are a dime a dozen.

Steve P.

And they say there are NO stupid questions!!!    Keep it..............
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

SeattleCharger

:Twocents:     At least its a rare model camaro,  and maybe if you own it and sell the Charger, you may realize that you don't like the new Camaro all that much and miss the Charger, and then you will at least know that, so in the end you may appreciate the new Charger you get even more and not always wonder if you should have bought the Camaro, try something different, why not, you could prob. get your dough back on the Camaro if you sell it, maybe even make some money, then buy a fixed up Charger.  I can sort of relate to not wanting to restore the project when that is what you do for your job already, too much, not fun anymore maybe. 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.