News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Should have known this was to good to be true. What a Scam !

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, October 07, 2007, 09:13:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

Well,
  I know of scams on E-Baybut in the local paper? :rotz: :flame:
I war drpooing a duece and Icould not believe these 2 ad's. I call and the nubers are not in service. :scratchchin:
So I e-mail them and check this out. I hope the person can't scam me by having my e-mail address. :flame:
What a Peter Cheese. :slap: :RantExplode:

Hello

I'm really sorry for this late reply but I've been very busy lately and away from a computer. People think it's real funny to bid on a car and not pay for it and I have removed the auction because I had an agreement with a potential buyer.This person, which I do not know who it is has no answer to my repeated e-mails.I do not know what to do. The total price including shipping cost and insurance charges is $6,200 (shipping is payed in advance by me). The price is considerably lower then others on the market because I need to sell it really fast.The car has all the services done at the dealership. The vehicle was never crashed. I always garaged it and serviced it, kept very good care of it!.The vehicle is currently located in Cleveland, OH but unfortunately I am in Shoreline, WA planning to open a business here and I don't think I can come sooner then next month. However I can arrange for the paperworks from here and I can talk to a shipping company to deliver the vehicle to your address.I think it's impossible to buy a vehicle for such a big amount without having an inspection first. So I had a look on eBay and I saw they could help us with this. Since the transaction worths a lot of money they've suggested to make the deal only through eBay so that we won't have any problems.If you decide to buy all the papers are ready,just needed to be signed by you. If you agree with these terms, please send me your full name, home and shipping address, ebay ID so I can register the transaction with eBay asap.
              Thank you,
                                          Peter

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

The70RT

I would have called the number but after that it is obvious it is a joke.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

41husk

I agree! you have to call the # cause you just never no, but if the phone is disconnected, I would not persue it any further.  The sad part is these people have to be making some money off somebody with these scams or there wouldn't be so many out there :RantExplode:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

The70RT

Quote from: 41husk on October 07, 2007, 01:06:03 PM
I agree! you have to call the # cause you just never no, but if the phone is disconnected, I would not persue it any further.  The sad part is these people have to be making some money off somebody with these scams or there wouldn't be so many out there :RantExplode:

I remember someone posting on here awhile back about someone taking some bait and lost 10 grand. ::)

John_Kunkel

The seller suggests "making the deal only through e-bay" which is, I assume, their escrow service.

I don't see how you could get scammed going with the e-bay escrow :shruggy: (other escrow services, yes, there are phonys)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

6pkrunner

Quote from: John_Kunkel on October 07, 2007, 04:47:46 PM

The seller suggests "making the deal only through e-bay" which is, I assume, their escrow service.

I don't see how you could get scammed going with the e-bay escrow :shruggy: (other escrow services, yes, there are phonys)

There were a few fake eBay escrow services set up and a few people were hit. However check the URL of the site. Make sure it looks legit and starts with https:// the "S" for secure. And no ending like, "http......................hotmail.com

70charger_boy

It's funny how congress makes a big deal about immigration and same sex marriages, but they can't do crap about these scams. :RantExplode:

69charger2002

wow the cuda i would have called on.. thinking it's just a good deal. but the 70 challenger stick car with those miles for $4000.. i would have laughed.. sucks they have trickled down these scams to craigslist, ebay, local paper, you name it. makes finding a real deal or selling a legit car harder.. sorry bastards
problem is SO many people are looking for that "super deal" and being the first to act on it, they get caught up in the scam very easily. the improper english is my first obvious sign. when they write super long paragraphs like that, it becomes very apparent they are either a retarded immigrant or someone outside the US.. either way it signals trouble
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 07, 2007, 10:22:00 PM
wow the cuda i would have called on.. thinking it's just a good deal. but the 70 challenger stick car with those miles for $4000.. i would have laughed.. sucks they have trickled down these scams to craigslist, ebay, local paper, you name it. makes finding a real deal or selling a legit car harder.. sorry bastards
problem is SO many people are looking for that "super deal" and being the first to act on it, they get caught up in the scam very easily. the improper english is my first obvious sign. when they write super long paragraphs like that, it becomes very apparent they are either a retarded immigrant or someone outside the US.. either way it signals trouble
trav

:icon_smile_angry: :flame: :iagree: :iagree: :soapbox:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

supserdave

I hate to even type this story because it pisses me off every time I think about it, but here goes. I got home on the weekend and my dad said there was a challenger on the bulletin board at the local gas station. "71 challenger, 440, pistol grip 4speed, in primer, $3500" :drool5: The ad had some miscelaneous chevy's to.

Well, I proceded to call the guy, and we arrange a time to go look at it since supposedly the car was about 15 miles away :drool5: While talking he said that the guy he bought it from said it was a hemi car because it had an R in the VIN! I figured no way in hell, but even if it's a 318 car with a 440 4 speed its worth what he's asking.

So my brother and I go to the bank saturday a.m. and clean out our savings accounts, and try and call the guy...no answer. I bet I called 150 times between then and sunday. Finally sunday morning I called from a different number and got a hold of him. Blah Blah, more rigamarole, meet me next weekend. Well after being ran around for about 2 weeks, a guy I know that knows him went out to his place and asked him about it. Come to find out he never had any challenger, or chevy's for that matter. Supposedly he knew somebody that had these cars in Arizona 10 years ago and placed the ad, and then found out they were all long gone.  The only consolation I got was that 2 other mopar heads in the neighborhood were trying to get it to, so we could atleast laugh about the deal together ;D.

The70RT

Quote from: supserdave on October 08, 2007, 04:57:07 PM
I hate to even type this story because it pisses me off every time I think about it, but here goes. I got home on the weekend and my dad said there was a challenger on the bulletin board at the local gas station. "71 challenger, 440, pistol grip 4speed, in primer, $3500" :drool5: The ad had some miscelaneous chevy's to.

Well, I proceded to call the guy, and we arrange a time to go look at it since supposedly the car was about 15 miles away :drool5: While talking he said that the guy he bought it from said it was a hemi car because it had an R in the VIN! I figured no way in hell, but even if it's a 318 car with a 440 4 speed its worth what he's asking.

So my brother and I go to the bank saturday a.m. and clean out our savings accounts, and try and call the guy...no answer. I bet I called 150 times between then and sunday. Finally sunday morning I called from a different number and got a hold of him. Blah Blah, more rigamarole, meet me next weekend. Well after being ran around for about 2 weeks, a guy I know that knows him went out to his place and asked him about it. Come to find out he never had any challenger, or chevy's for that matter. Supposedly he knew somebody that had these cars in Arizona 10 years ago and placed the ad, and then found out they were all long gone.  The only consolation I got was that 2 other mopar heads in the neighborhood were trying to get it to, so we could atleast laugh about the deal together ;D.

Boy he was about a dumb Fu@*....sounds like he needed a  :nutkick:

BMOTOXSTAR

Here is the reply from the other ad.
Does this car look familiar, this is the pic they sent. :scratchchin:

I'm glad that you're interested in my car. The car is street legal and accurate. It comes with all the documents needed for registration, it has a clear title and it can be registred into your name at any time. I am willing to sell it for $4000.This buy now price does include the shipping and insurance fees. I'm located in Baytown TX and the car is here as well and so this is where the car will be shipped from. I've done some research and the best and fastest way I can ship it is using Hemisphere cargo Shipping Ltd which takes between 4 to 6 days to arrive at your door (door to door handling and shipping insurance fee included). I am affiliated with Yahoo! Finance where I have a purchase protection account for $ 10,000.00. This service allows us to complete this transaction in a manner that is quick and safe for both of us. It acts as a third party between seller and buyer to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements and provides dispute resolution and mediation between parties. Yahoo! Finance is responsible to insure that both parties comply to transaction requirements. If this is ok with you please reply with your complete name, address and shipping address in your next email and let me know if you are interested in knowing more details about this purchase so that I can open a transaction case at Yahoo! Finance and move forward with this deal.
Thank you,
Karen Davis
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

kylem4711

1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

The70RT

Do what I did before. Tell them oh really, i have a friend that lives right by you. I will be sending him over to look at it for me. :D....yeah it will be the last time you hear from them. If they put that on 50 different street corners in the U.S. it wouldn't last a minute.

BMOTOXSTAR

I e-mailed the person back asking for more pic's & info. 
They sent the exact response to me with a different pic. :flame: :scratchchin: :shruggy: :slap:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

hemi-hampton

Tell them you'll fly into town. Pay cash & then drive it home. Then see what they say? LEON. :scratchchin:

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 07, 2007, 10:22:00 PM
trav

I wouldn't say that the grammar/english would tip you off, if that was the cse hubby would never sell anything.  His grammer, spelling, english is horrible.  I hate reading his e-bay ads....they are total run on sentences and spelling mistakes everywhere!!!!  LOL
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

70charger_boy

BMOTOXSTAR

15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

71_deputy

that ad is up here- they want more money- 4400.00 bucks now!!! in local crap newspaper

had two emails from them but when I said I was going to send a friend to check it out- no replies now!!!

mine was a Sandra from Carlton, Oregon

wanted to use Yahoo! Finance for the transfer

oh well- was fun while it lasted
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

70charger_boy

I'm really curious if anybody actually goes through with the scam.  I'll be watching Judge Judy, until then  :scope:

The70RT

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 15, 2007, 12:03:08 PM
I'm really curious if anybody actually goes through with the scam.  I'll be watching Judge Judy, until then  :scope:

I read on here a while back that someone posted their buddy lost 10K  :P

70charger_boy

Quote from: The70RT on October 15, 2007, 05:56:37 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 15, 2007, 12:03:08 PM

I read on here a while back that someone posted their buddy lost 10K  :P

Oh yeah, I remember that.  I'm gonna search for the post, after I unload my '66 from the car carrier  :woohoo:

71_deputy

WELL- AFTER NUMEROUS emails back to them they are not responding-- go figure- ha ha!!!!! :popcrn:

had my daughter email them too- and they are still sending out the same email!!!! :eyes:

Bone heads!!!! :smilielol:
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

The70RT

Quote from: 71_deputy on October 16, 2007, 08:01:17 AM
WELL- AFTER NUMEROUS emails back to them they are not responding-- go figure- ha ha!!!!! :popcrn:

had my daughter email them too- and they are still sending out the same email!!!! :eyes:

Bone heads!!!! :smilielol:

Be carefull. Some of those scammers will get mad and give you a virus or hack one of your accounts. Been there had it done. :Twocents: