News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

May be down for a bit.

Started by Khyron, October 06, 2007, 06:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Last night it was beautiful out, So I was taking the Charger to the local hangout. I was playing around and driving on the highway when the car started to sputter and make some awful noises.

I was near an Exit with a Mobil station to I started to drive up the ramp and the car because extremely sluggish. Now I'm worried.

I pulled into a lite bay and saw some smoke comming from under the hood. upon inspection it didn't look like anything was out of place. I checked the oil level and it was fine. The car wasn't overheated and the oil pressure never dropped, so I was confused. I started the car again and it cranked real hard then finnially started. It sounded like I had a bag of marbles in the top end. I shut it right off. I called AAA and had the old girl towed home.

When I got home the fist thing I did was pulled the valve covers. and found the problem right away.

The rear most pedestal that holds the rocker bar broke on the passanger side. the added pressure of my.... ummm, test of speed ripped the other bolts upward stripping the rest. A few rockets were inverted and a few push rods were laying in the valley. No valves where jammed open so the bottom end is fine. I guess I got lucky.

So basically. I need new heads for the car. and I'm a little broke right now. So I think Ol Mary is out of commission for the rest of the year. It was a good run though  :2thumbs:

BTW: I blew the doors of the other car running on 6 cylinders  :rofl:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

That sucks :icon_smile_dissapprove: Could of been worse though.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Bandit72

what casting heads you wanting? send me a pm, i might have some
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Khyron

Quote from: Bandit72 on October 06, 2007, 06:45:11 PM

I'm gonna hunt for some 906 heads this time. As I stated though my Money is a bit short right now, But thanks for the Offer. If you have some let me know, so I know how much i'll need to save ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

tommymac

Sorry to hear that Jason,That thought goes thru my head every time I stomp it,Like all the time,40 ish motor,still runs great,smokes a littie on start up.Some guy had some 452  or something like that,heads with hardened seats for 150.00 Are they good?

Bandit72

Quote from: Khyron on October 06, 2007, 07:12:19 PM

I'm gonna hunt for some 906 heads this time. As I stated though my Money is a bit short right now, But thanks for the Offer. If you have some let me know, so I know how much i'll need to save ;)

i'll have to go dig through my parts, i know i have one set of them, but i was kinda wanting to save them for another project, i'll keep you posted
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Rack

I got some in my garage I've been planning on selling.

Interested? I can take some pics and PM them to you if you want.

Edit: I wouldn't ask much at all for them.

The70RT

Wow....I thought you just built it. How many miles was on it?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Khyron

Quote from: tommymac on October 06, 2007, 07:21:26 PM
.Some guy had some 452Ā  or something like that,heads with hardened seats for 150.00 Are they good?

Thats what I had on them... hehe kinda scared now.

Quote from: The70RT on October 06, 2007, 08:11:26 PM
Wow....I thought you just built it. How many miles was on it?

It was, but I guess the engine shop didn't check the pedestals heheheheh

I am always impressed by the amount of help everyone on this site gives. The PMs and offers here just show the level and class of people in this community.  :cheers:

I'll have to take a little time to get some money together. Thanks for the offers guys!  :2thumbs:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mean 318

Well I am sorry to hear that and glad to see everyone comming out of the woodwork to help a guy out :2thumbs:

P.S. your charger is one of my favorite ones here and definitely my favorite 69 EVER! Love that car! Keep us posted!

Khyron

Quote from: Rack on October 06, 2007, 08:05:16 PM

I got some in my garage I've been planning on selling.

Interested? I can take some pics and PM them to you if you want.

Edit: I wouldn't ask much at all for them.

Thanks man, I tryed to respond to your PM but your box was full.

Again, I'l floored with the responce from everyone. Thanks!

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Rack

Sorry about that. I deleted a few so you should be able to PM me now.

Khyron

will do.

but i've been thinking, maybe the car is trying to tell me something. although the weather is nice out, it will get bad soon.

I've been talking to a few of my friends, and well, I think I'm gonna stop. Take a week or so off, and think.

Then rip that motor out and have some fun. Maybe the motor wants more and this was her way of telling me. yes I could just throw a set of heads on it and run it. But maybe, just maybe she wants to become a nice little 440ISH motor.

we'll see, I need to let the beer get out of my system and think for a bit. Of course, I will keep all my friends here informed and updated.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mefirst

41husk

beer always helps with my decisions :cheers: Usually it's the wrong decision, but bee helps :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up