News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

first generations

Started by dodgeboy67, September 27, 2005, 09:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgeboy67

ok , am i dreaming or am i abouut the only person building  a 66 / 67 charger????

did they make a 66 /67 rt model??...if so , whats the difference

694spdRT

There are some people here with 1st generation cars....

The R/T started in 1968 but you could get a 440 in 1967 and a Hemi both years. The base R/T package was basically the drivetrain of your choice(440 Magnum or optional Hemi only), heavier supsension, and brakes. 
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

dodgeboy67

i was just curious....ive seen lots of 1st gens advertised as rts....didnt think they made one

Headrope

There are quite a few first gen folks here.
FastbackJon is a good person to get to know; knows quite a bit and is vocal. Others watch but don't seem to post as often.
The majority of folks here seem to be second gen. owners. I like this site despite that (kidding, folks) because many of the answers to the tech questions I have aren't first gen specific, and the number of members here usually means near instant replies.
If looking for a first gen specific site you might check out www.66-67charger.com. Many of the first gen folks here are also members there.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

FastbackJon

:wave:

PS: The 440 was not available in '66 Chargers. '67 was the first year for that. 660 were built, 132 4 speeds and the rest were automatics.

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

dodgeboy67

thanx guys ill check out that site.....

Ghoste

And don't forget to start making plans to attend the Fastback Reunion next year.

dodgeboy67

Ghoste

Sorry, I should have finished that thought huh?  It is being held in conjunction with the Charger's 40th birthday at Chrysler's Tech Center in Auburn Hills on June 10, 2006.
You can find more info at http://www.66-67charger.com/40thbirthday

6670charger

Lots of people out there doing first gens.  There just aren't as many of us as the second and third gen owners.  Mainly, this is due to the lower production number of the first gens vs the second and third gen cars.  Like Ghoste said, you'll find more of us at the other site.  Don't discount this one, though.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

71_deputy

Quote from: 66charger on September 29, 2005, 04:26:42 AM
Lots of people out there doing first gens.   There just aren't as many of us as the second and third gen owners.   Mainly, this is due to the lower production number of the first gens vs the second and third gen cars.   Like Ghoste said, you'll find more of us at the other site.   Don't discount this one, though.

here here-- I have a 67 440 awaiting it's turn to be done!!!!
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

67_Dodge_Charger

It is a love-hate relationship.  Love the style :icon_smile_cool: but hate the lack of reproduced parts. :flame:

Good Luck
Robert

dodgeboy67

Quote from: 67_Dodge_Charger on September 29, 2005, 09:51:30 AM
It is a love-hate relationship. Love the style :icon_smile_cool: but hate the lack of reproduced parts. :flame:

Good Luck
Robert

i hear that....i ended up buying a whole southern car to get a qtr panel and a door....then payed to ship it from oregon to indiana....ouch