News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

correct color of carb dash pot bracket????

Started by resq302, October 05, 2007, 11:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

This item was only on cars that came with factory manual transmissions.  I am looking for the correct color of the bracket that mounts dash pot to the carb.  This bracket goes around where the fuel line goes into the carb.  Anyone that can help me with letting me know what color it was originally, please post.  The carb resto shop that redid it the last time painted it a dull silver cad color which I can almost say is wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jg68

Brian, is it maybe the argent silver, this is a brighter silver.

hemi68charger

Brian, I believe you got the answer on the other board, but for those looking to learn, here's what he's talking about...

Troy

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

RJS

Thanks Troy ,I went thru the trouble of getting a few pictures up on Moparts for Brian but no reply or follow up Guess he wants the answer to be spray can silver!!!!  Ron

resq302

Sorry, I have been busy getting my car all cleaned up for the Hershey AACA show and I have not been feeling well either lately.  I appreciate all the replies both on here and on Moparts.  For now I guess I will have to use the Eastwood gold cad spray paint till after the show when I can get the entire carb rebuilt as it still seems to be running like crap at idle and wanting to sputter out below 1000 rpms.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

hemi68charger

Quote from: RJS on October 08, 2007, 11:42:41 AM
Thanks Troy ,I went thru the trouble of getting a few pictures up on Moparts for Brian but no reply or follow up Guess he wants the answer to be spray can silver!!!!  Ron

No problem RJS... Now if I could fine a bracket for myself... Dana needs one.................

Brian, hope you feel better soon.........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

resq302

Thanks Troy.  Its this darn wacky weather up here that has my sinus' all screwed up.  Yesterday it was 90 and by the end of the week, they say it will be down to the mid 60s.
Brian