News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Song Takes You Back To Cruisin In Your 1st Mopar?

Started by 71ChallengeHer, October 05, 2007, 09:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

I'll show my (lack of) age here, but I turned 16 in 1999 when I got my Charger. Wasn't too long after that I saw Sailva's video for "Your disease" on MTV. It started with him running from the cops in a 69 Road Runner I was hooked. I Played that cd so much in my Charger I literally wore it out. I finally went and bought another replacement this year.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lQcRv9Pzk4c
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

BMOTOXSTAR

My first Charger was a 73' SE, backin 98'. I remember jamming with my Death Metal pals going to the local car cruise  rocking out to Cannibal Corpse "Hammered Smashed Face" ! Good Stuff.
:METAL: :METAL: :METAL:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

The70RT

My first MoPar I never got to drive it. I flipped it for double what I bought it for a week later back in 75... but it was just a 63 Belvedere wagon  :brickwall: I got my Charger in 78. BOSTON the first album..........yeah! Every song is great & Areosmith "Rocks" came out about the same time. I wore out those tapes. I can't believe nobody mentioned those. But most people on here probably weren't even born yet. The last concert I went to in the Charger was Pink Floyd :icon_smile_cool: That was around 20 years ago.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

VPFD13

My first mopar is the one I still have 1970 Charger 500 Go Mango 440, big 850 holley, torker 2 intake, lumpy cam, pistol grip 4 speed, and 391 rear gears. That was 1986 when the 5.0lt brand xers were hot man I made a lot of money of my school mate and those 5.0's. But as far as the song it "The boys are back in town" The smell of raw fuel and that song make me 16 again.     :cheers:
GO BIG OR GO HOME

To be born free man is an accident, to live as one a responsibility and to die as one an obligation

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

General_01

My first Mopar was a 74 Charger with a 318. I would listen to AC/DC's album "Flick of the Switch" and "Back in Black" quite a bit back then. Try to stay the speed limit while listening to "Shoot to Thrill". Can't be done. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

70charger_boy

Mefirst

The first record/CD I played in the stereo of my Charger was Hurriganes (70´s Rock N Roll band from Finland), the second record/CD was The Ramones - It´s Alive....

/Tom

mikesbbody

now that i think about it...nothing! every mopar ive driven, or been in there's been no music  :scratchchin:

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on October 06, 2007, 10:23:39 AM
Detroit Rock City by Kiss  :yesnod:

Hells yea!!! :2thumbs:

Quote from: General_01 on October 06, 2007, 10:23:39 AM
Try to stay the speed limit while listening to "Shoot to Thrill". Can't be done.

Nope!! :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

The70RT

Quote from: 41husk on October 06, 2007, 05:02:31 PM
Rush 2112 :coolgleamA:

Oh yeah all the songs are hits on the album. That brings back an important memory to me. My sister and her husband lived at an address of 2112 in 1977.  I drove by her house at lunch break and seen an RT Charger and said wow and pulled in to the drive. My nephew which is 3 months older than me said he was gonna get a RT so I new it was his. I was in a 69 Dart GTS at the time. I got out and my key fit the Chargers ignition and he came running out saying what the hell are you doing? I said test driving my new Charger and he said get out and how did you start it anyway. After I bought the car about 6 months later the key never worked again??? I didn't mean to hi-jack the thread but everytime I here of any of Rush 2112 album I think of the day I first seen my Charger ;D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mean 318

my first race I had 2112 on! and yes I won... but I did a lot of skynyrd, rush, and zeppelin. But my cars song is Deep Purple Highway Star

71ChallengeHer

Wow, some awesome replies. And great songs. :2thumbs: I know that Shelby's God-Father  drove around in the Super Coupe jamming out to The Dark Side. :punkrocka: And everytime we go out to the garage to get the Chally or start the Coupe. We can see Chad.  :angel:

70charger_boy

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on October 06, 2007, 10:01:08 PM
Wow, some awesome replies. And great songs. :2thumbs: I know that Shelby's God-Father  drove around in the Super Coupe jamming out to The Dark Side. :punkrocka: And everytime we go out to the garage to get the Chally or start the Coupe. We can see Chad.  :angel:

:cheers: to Chad

DodgeChargerNeeded

I know its a modern song but I always listen to "Summer of 69" by Bryan Adams just because my car is a 69.
Jeff

70charger_boy

Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on October 07, 2007, 12:09:27 AM
I know its a modern song but I always listen to "Summer of 69" by Bryan Adams just because my car is a 69.

Great song  :yesnod:

NHCharger

My first car was a 68 Dart, /6 with a cheap cassette (I ditched the 8 track). I recorded my favorite Aerosmith songs on a cassette and played them over and over. I still play the same ones now.
Same old song and dance, toys in the attic, rattlesnake shake (off a bottlelegged studio rehearsal tape), mama kin, one way street, woman of the world, several others of live bootlegged performances.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

41husk

Remembering all the great bands Zep, Deep purple, rush, uriah heep, Mountain and skynyrd, makes me wanna go jump in the Bee and go for a ride.  I gotta have a system put in the 68 :brickwall:  Every time I want to jam and cruize gotta take the bee.  Oh well I had the 68 out yesterday!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

GTX

miller

umm the best memory was taking all my friends home on the last day of school with the charger to brand new- failure by design.... if your talking about my first mopar.. my dodge neon that would be spoon- The Way we get By... that or Stephen Lynch

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

hemi24

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: miller on October 07, 2007, 02:33:40 PM
umm the best memory was taking all my friends home on the last day of school with the charger to brand new- failure by design.... if your talking about my first mopar.. my dodge neon that would be spoon- The Way we get By... that or Stephen Lynch

Brand New rock ! :2thumbs:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT