News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PHR Charger: ALL BUSINESS!!

Started by Magnumcharger, October 03, 2007, 07:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Quote from: Mefirst on October 04, 2007, 03:35:53 PM
There is though one thing that I dont understand, why do these shops keep painting the cars with this stupid "two tone" paint job.. Like it has been done about a million times already :brickwall: -ENOUGH :slap:
Yeah, he should be original... and just paint it... black. :D

The magazine is called Popular Hot Rodding for a reason. I like a lot of the subtle touches on this car that make it unique without straying too far from the factory look. However, if he was going for something "not being obnoxious" then he could have definitely picked a different color for the interior. The dash does look a bit plain compared to the design of the rest of the car but as long as it's functional then I could live with it. It's his car though and he's had it for a long time. It was cool/different/unique enough to get him an invite to the SEMA show in the Mopar Performance booth (even without a Hemi). It sounds like he took his time to figure out exactly what he wanted instead of throwing together some monstrosity with every popular doodad available. If he's happy with it then who really cares how much it cost or if anyone else likes it? I know a lot of guys who will have 35-50% of that money tied up into making a bone stock, ho-hum restoration that they'll be scared to take out on the road. There are others who will have at least that much in a concourse car that they'll be scared to take on the road. As for the performance, he didn't set out to build a race car. The engine seems to have a fairly mild build (in my limited experience) and it was meant to be driven. I think 11s are plenty for a car that also has 3.55s, a 3200 RPM converter, overdrive, and what appears to be A/C.

Quote from: 41husk on October 05, 2007, 07:03:51 AM
That white interior is getting dirty just thinking about driving it :shruggy:  I love the look of white interior but I have a tough time keeping my blue seats clean :brickwall:
Just FYI: That white interior is autodynamics car (in the "hottest pics women on chargers!!!!!!" thread) - the magazine car has a red interior.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 05, 2007, 06:01:02 AM
Hey PT, why do you have to knock down the interior?  Aren't you the guy you paut a /6 in a c500? :nana:

No, its a Hillside HEMI!  :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Old Moparz

It's a nice car, probably a blast to drive, but there's a few things I'd change if it were mine, but it's not. I like the overall appearance of it, including the interior colors.

1)   Lose the two tone paint & half tail stripe. I never liked it on 2nd generation Chargers for the same reason I never liked pinstriping on them. The lines are sculpted nicely & do not need to be "over-defined" to see them. The term "Less is More" comes to mind here.

2)  The tires with almost no sidewalls have to go. On a Viper, a Corvette, a Cobra, or a GT-40 they look fine, but they're just out of place on a bulky muscle car. Yeah, I know they'll handle better, but on streets with potholes & other obstacles, it isn't practical.

3)  The dash layout seems erratic. There isn't anything too terrible about it, but I think different gauges, vents, switches, etc., in different locations would be much better aesthetically. Too much going on, or it looks like different parts from different cars.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

autodynamics

thanks for that pocket thunder!!!! i think the car is well executed.!

Brock Samson

ain't as bad as that chopped one posted a few weeks ago, that has been shortened... still it's too, busy for my taste...

chargerrt

Quote from: The70RT on October 05, 2007, 06:40:33 AM
Quote from: chargerrt on October 04, 2007, 03:26:27 PM
for $180,000 the thing better run something quicker than an 11.9 in the 1/4 with slicks on....

chargerrt is the sh!t..........those wheels make the car rock!!!..............for a lot less money I bet too. I would rather have chargerrt's 70 and the 69 2 tone :rotz:

thanks!  It's pretty cool to see my car and autodynamics' getting complemented in a thread about a $180,000 "supercar"

The70RT

Quote from: chargerrt on October 05, 2007, 12:07:05 PM
Quote from: The70RT on October 05, 2007, 06:40:33 AM
Quote from: chargerrt on October 04, 2007, 03:26:27 PM
for $180,000 the thing better run something quicker than an 11.9 in the 1/4 with slicks on....

chargerrt is the sh!t..........those wheels make the car rock!!!..............for a lot less money I bet too. I would rather have chargerrt's 70 and the 69 2 tone :rotz:

thanks!  It's pretty cool to see my car and autodynamics' getting complemented in a thread about a $180,000 "supercar"

Not everyone would agree but I can't help seeing my car through yours when it is done :icon_smile_big:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

70charger_boy

Hey, my '70 is a POS, but it's mine!

Ghoste