News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Am I crazy?

Started by 68chrgrwife, October 01, 2007, 01:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think I am stupid to do this?

hell yeah, don't do it
18 (56.3%)
a little
6 (18.8%)
not really
3 (9.4%)
Hell NO, get bumblebee going.
5 (15.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

hemi-hampton

Buy the car, Put that other one away for Winter storage anyways. LEON.

tommymac

Get the car, 500.00 is cheap you have all year to drive cars down there,NO snow comming!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 01, 2007, 09:15:32 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 01, 2007, 05:26:12 PM
You're crazy. Go get the '71 & get the '68 going in a month or two. :thumbs:

Of course this opinion is from someone who has 2 Charger projects, neither of which are road worthy or registered & 3 other project vehicles & a motorcycle just waiting their turn.  :icon_smile_tongue:

Hey CF, what are you, stupid?   :D
:shruggy:   :shruggy:   :slap:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

70charger_boy

You're not crazy, but I am, and let me tell you girlfriend, you would be crazy to pass up the $500 dollar charger.  Take advantage of the card in your hand. It's a soft market, but not for long

hemi-hampton

Yeah, Isn't she from San Diego, Nice weather all year long, Buy that other one anyways, If rustfree $500 a steal, I could use that car for a Donor for my Detroit Rust Bucket 72 Charger. LEON.

68chrgrwife

ok so here is a pic....It is gonna need work...not sure how much....

definatly needs a full interior..guy says motor doesn't run (numbers matching 318), body work?, paint, I know that I can get hubby's car on the road srive it around and save up for something that won't need as much work...is driveable right away, etc.  I don't mind holding off and saving up for a better car.

MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

68chrgrwife

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 01, 2007, 10:18:57 PM
Yeah, Isn't she from San Diego, Nice weather all year long, Buy that other one anyways, If rustfree $500 a steal, I could use that car for a Donor for my Detroit Rust Bucket 72 Charger. LEON.

And yes I do live in San Diego, and hubby wants to bring the car to fall fling in Nov., but he won't be able to if we don't register it......I am not trailering it!  Plus we need a second daily driver.....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

TUFCAT

If you can get the Charger do it... if things get rough, you could probably sell it for at least 4 times what you paid. 

Ghoste

In the long run, you're going to want that 3rd gen.  Buy it.

41husk

looks like a project, but you can part it out and make good money,  I bought a 74 SE for $400.  It was in worse shape than yours in some areas.  I used the two doors, deck lid, right fender, blower moter and some other little odds and ends for the Wanna bee project.  Then I took what was left apart and sold parts and made about $400 on what was left and I still have parts left.  I don't see how you can go wrong.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ponch ®

Eeek...looks pretty rough. I don't know if I would take on that project. Looks like it needs a lot of work = (time and $).

If anything, I'd get it just to flip it or part it out, but not to try to restore it.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

tan top

buy it :yesnod:  as i doubt you could ever find another 3 gen for that much , unless it has big time rust :scratchchin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mopar-or-no-car

Quote from: hemi-hampton on October 01, 2007, 09:37:01 PM
Buy the car, Put that other one away for Winter storage anyways. LEON.

As Hemi-Hampton noted No winter storage out here!! in Cali we get to drive our cars ALL YEAR LONG! but I still agree if it is rust free get the $500.00 car or down the road you will sure wish you had!! trust me I sold a couple of mine and now I wish I hadn't!! so Me too I vote for GET THE  CAR!!!   :cheers:
Real WOMEN drive MOPARS!!!!!

BrianShaughnessy

That looks more like a parts car to me.    I'd be getting your other car on the road.   I'm into driving... not collecting yard ornaments.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

hemi-hampton

Looks rougher then expecting but I'd still say a good deal if no rust holes, minor surface rust no big deal. Get it running & then a Quicky Maaco paint job. I'd buy it for $1,000 if solid but Shipping would cost more then that unfortunately :'( LEON.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 01, 2007, 09:15:32 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 01, 2007, 05:26:12 PM
You're crazy. Go get the '71 & get the '68 going in a month or two. :thumbs:

Of course this opinion is from someone who has 2 Charger projects, neither of which are road worthy or registered & 3 other project vehicles & a motorcycle just waiting their turn.  :icon_smile_tongue:

Hey CF, what are you, stupid?   :D
Maybe...why, do I need an umbrella? :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)