News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 road runner ad car ***NOW WITH EVEN MORE PICS*** 4-5-09

Started by C_stripes, October 01, 2007, 10:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I have to find their card (I may have posted the info someplace on this site before?) but there is a place that specializes in Air Grabber restoration and can fix the air box.  Their name might even be Air Grabber Restoration.  I'll try to find the info for you.

Ghoste

Ta-daa!
Air Grabber Ramcharger Restoration Service
Don Hall
cell 513-325-0258
shop 513-528-7922
4459 Mt. Carmel-Tobasco Rd.
Cincinnati, Ohio
dhall10@cinci.rr.com

hemi-hampton

Heres another place for Air Box's. SMS Automotive resto's. In New York. 1-800-989-6660 or www.smsmopar.com   LEON.

C_stripes

Here are a few more  pics.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

69bronzeT5

Wow Jeremy, the car is looking great!
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C_stripes

I know its been a LONG wile.  But I just found something.

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on October 24, 2007, 10:23:24 PM
hmmm, I wonder why it has sublime on it  :scope:

Quote from: C_stripes on October 24, 2007, 10:27:17 PM
Just a guess, But if you look at the Motor trend test video there is a sublime 70 6 pack post runner that they are testing, Yellow does not show up well on film.   It was yellow first, Then painted by, looks to be factory in sublime. Then a shit job of yellow later in life.

Jeremy

And it was PROMO video. Not motor trend.  Sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln45B6KFMtc

Before anyone starts saying I am just blowing smoke out my ass about these two cars possibly being the same. Here are just a few commonalities;
1. Rear Bumper Guards (very rare on 70 runners)
2. two tone white and black interior
3. Air Grabber
4. 440+6
5. black vinyl roof
6. Post
7. Rallies
8. Lighted hood
9. Buckets

And there are other things too.   Not to mention that the ad car was painted sublime by what looks to be the factory. I wish it had a good shot of the interior. If it showed the driver door I could tell you without a doubt. The ad car has something I have never seen on another runner. No one will ever know one way or the other for sure I guess.

I will also post a recent pic of it.

Jeremy

C_stripes

Taking it to another location a few months ago.

Sleeping where the Daytona used to

Later,   Jeremy

Still looking for any more info on the car.

1RareBird

I was looking close at the video you just posted and noticed something.  I'm not 100% positive but at the 1:12 mark it shows the car taking off and a shot of the passenger side of the car.  If you look below the lower body line on the door you can see a strange change in the shadowing of the lower door.  It's almost as if there was a crease along it and that would explain the shadow effect.  I'm a body guy and it just doesn't look like a shadow should without a crease.  Just a thought.  It's probably means nothing.
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

moparstuart

Quote from: 1RareBird on January 08, 2009, 01:09:49 PM
I was looking close at the video you just posted and noticed something.  I'm not 100% positive but at the 1:12 mark it shows the car taking off and a shot of the passenger side of the car.  If you look below the lower body line on the door you can see a strange change in the shadowing of the lower door.  It's almost as if there was a crease along it and that would explain the shadow effect.  I'm a body guy and it just doesn't look like a shadow should without a crease.  Just a thought.  It's probably means nothing.
I love that video and that is hands down my favorite plymouth body style ever .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

billssuperbird

my superbird clone was a 1970 rr black on black 383 4 speed post car.

C_stripes

I spoke with an old friend Scott Smith from Harms Auto and he says that they are the same car. I think it is way cool.  I hope that the car gets finished this year.

tan top

, amazing that car still survives   awesome stuff , thanks for sharing  the pictures  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

C_stripes

No problem.  I am sure I will post more.  I love this car and have been involved with it since it was found. 

One day I was just sitting at home and my friend Neil called me. He says that he has just found a V code 70 post runner and it has job 183 advertising on the tag. I am thinking that that is very odd. So I ask a few questions and he starts telling me about the car a little and I tell him to stop. I go grab the ad from my room and start describing it back to him.  He asks how I know and I tell him I am looking at the car. It was fun. I went down and saw it one time before he could buy it. Then a few weeks later he calls and tells me the guy said he would sell, that night myself and a friend go to his house and we take of for the rez.  It was awesome to pic that car up.

472 R/T SE

The ad picture Mike posed wasn't a post car.

Hey Jeremy, what happened to the fe5 Hemi Cuda that your buddy sold?  I heard it was backed into something.  It's coming back out here local.  I thought I heard the new owner owned it already once.

The new owner also restored and sold one of the Pilot '70 Cudas here a while back at BJ.

How many of the cars has your buddy sold?  Is he still selling them all off?

C_stripes

It was very minor on the 1/4. I can post a pic.  I don't know who or where it is going. I know that the guy that is buying it has a t/a and an AAR.
The only car he has left that he is selling is the 70 challenger r/t see 440 six pack car.  I wish I had the cash. I would love that. So far we have sold the Daytona, Challenger R/T, Coronet R/T, HEMI 'cuda, 70 Super Bee V code 4spd, 69 Charger R/T and many others.

The cuda has not left yet. I know when Neil got it, it came out of FL.

pettyfan43

Quote from: C_stripes on October 24, 2007, 10:27:17 PM
Just a guess, But if you look at the Motor trend test video there is a sublime 70 6 pack post runner that they are testing, Yellow does not show up well on film.   It was yellow first, Then painted by, looks to be factory in sublime. Then a shit job of yellow later in life.

Jeremy

I have a video that has Factory Mopar Commercials and one thing on there is a really long (10 minutes or better) video of the Rapid Transit cars with no sound, they include a K5 (Burnt orange) inside and out 70 GTX a Sport Fury GT, the INFAMOUS 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe that was supposed to have the Hemi, the red 70 Hemi Cuda that was the first built and a LIMELIGHT 70 Six barrel Road Runner with Air Grabber. Most likely the same car.

C_stripes

Is there anyway I could get a copy please?  I would be more than willing to pay.

Thanks, Jeremy

C_stripes

Hey everyone, I added a Cardomain profile for this car,   here is the link.    >>>>>> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3236651 <<<<<<

Ghoste

Quote from: C_stripes on January 09, 2009, 08:00:40 PM
Is there anyway I could get a copy please?  I would be more than willing to pay.

Thanks, Jeremy

Onebadsuperbird sells them pretty cheap on his website as well. 

C_stripes

nascarxx29

Great find on your car 70RR ad car.Heres a 70 RR GTX new in its day
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Tilar

Quote from: 1RareBird on January 08, 2009, 01:09:49 PM

Looks like a dent to me too but it's hard to tell.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

C_stripes

Thanks Ghost.  We ordered one.

Quote from: nascarxx29 on February 02, 2009, 04:00:47 PM
1970 RR commercial FJ5 car  back bumper has the guards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln45B6KFMtc

The ad car has rear bumper guards and so does the sublime one. They are a very rare option.