News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 road runner ad car ***NOW WITH EVEN MORE PICS*** 4-5-09

Started by C_stripes, October 01, 2007, 10:30:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C_stripes

Nascar.  Thanks for the pic of the GTX. Its awesome.

Thanks to Wing. This car may get a small bit of publication soon.  Will let you know if and when.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

WingCharger

Quote from: C_stripes on February 13, 2009, 10:28:52 PM
Nascar.  Thanks for the pic of the GTX. Its awesome.

Thanks to Wing. This car may get a small bit of publication soon.  Will let you know if and when.

:whistling: :ricky:
Your welcome. :cheers:

C_stripes

Hey everyone. I have some news on this sweet car. Number 1 is, it currently is the #1 70 Runner on Cardomain. http://www.cardomain.com/MakeModel/Plymouth/Roadrunner/all/all/all/1970 . If you all could help. Lets see if we can keep it that way.

Secondly, the car is going to be published in the April issue of the Winged Warrior newsletter.

I would like to say thanks to anyone that has helped with the car in anyway.

And to clear something up. The car has NEVER EVER bin on ebay.

C_stripes

C_stripes

Quote from: Tilar on February 02, 2009, 06:20:16 PM
Quote from: 1RareBird on January 08, 2009, 01:09:49 PM
I was looking close at the video you just posted and noticed something.  I'm not 100% positive but at the 1:12 mark it shows the car taking off and a shot of the passenger side of the car.  If you look below the lower body line on the door you can see a strange change in the shadowing of the lower door.  It's almost as if there was a crease along it and that would explain the shadow effect.  I'm a body guy and it just doesn't look like a shadow should without a crease.  Just a thought.  It's probably means nothing.

Looks like a dent to me too but it's hard to tell.

That would make sense as that was the only body panel on the car that had been replaced.

69bronzeT5

Did you ever get any hits from posting it on my website?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

1RareBird

That would make sense as that was the only body panel on the car that had been replaced.

That was what I was getting at.  If there was damage to your car in the same area and or that panel was replaced, that would help to match the two up.  Just more evidence for you that they are the same car.
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

C_stripes

My Friend Trevor who was there when we picked her up and helped me disassemble her just sent me some pics. I will post them later.

C_stripes

Here are a few. Some of them are already on the cardomain site. Others, this is the first time anyone has seen.

WingCharger

C_stripes

Damn I used to be fat. lol Glad I don't look that bad anymore.
Quote from: WingCharger on March 08, 2009, 12:32:10 PM
wwnboa.org still hasn't updated their page on the car. :scratchchin: :icon_smile_big:
I don't know if they will update that or not. I am looking forward to getting the newsletter though. I can't wait till this car is done.

moparstuart

jeremy loved the great article in the winged warriors new letter, about you and your buddy finding the car  .   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:       :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WingCharger

Quote from: moparstuart on April 02, 2009, 11:05:27 AM
  jeremy loved the great article in the winged warriors new letter, about you and your buddy finding the car  .   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:       :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
SCAN IT!! :METAL:

C_stripes

Thanks,  I haven't seen it yet. Neil says he has an extra copy for me. I will get it tomorrow. Maybe I will grab a few new pics for you guys too. Not that much has changed for a wile.

C_stripes

Here is the winger warriors article about the car. Enjoy.

WingCharger

69bronzeT5

Awesome article! :cheers: Who's to your left in that one picture?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C_stripes

My Friend Trevor. He also helped take the car apart and took some of the pics.

Mikesmoparperformance

I was wondering why this topic has stopt? How is the car now? Is it done? Are ther new photo's of it? :drool5:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

C_stripes

Do to the economy, work on the project has stopped. The owner had plans to finish it, but now would like to sell the car. He is asking a high number for it, so I personally think he will be keeping it.

moparstuart

Quote from: C_stripes on January 30, 2012, 07:22:40 PM
Do to the economy, work on the project has stopped. The owner had plans to finish it, but now would like to sell the car. He is asking a high number for it, so I personally think he will be keeping it.
very cool car and needs to go to a museum or high end collection   :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

1969chargerrtse

So it's for sale?  If so I find that kinda sad. Like the General Lee #1 car there is all this excitement and passion by the new owner and then it just ends up for sale soon after.

To me if a comparable car was worth 60k frame off restored by today's prices, I'd be willing to pay 85k at best for that car done to the same restoration standards. Now if the huge RR head that's on the hood came with it, I'd pay around 100k. But I think the 105k he's asking for it in un finished condition is way to high.

If this was 2005/7 yeah then it would probably bring in 200k at BJ. But most people are trying to hold on to their homes let alone by an unfinished toy.    :Twocents:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

66FBCharger

I know this is an old topic, but what happened to this car? Has it been sold?
I was also curious why the fender tag does not have a V next to the 0A. Has it been photoshopped out?
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body