News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

If you could step back in time, What Mopar would you order.

Started by C_stripes, October 01, 2007, 08:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 Bee Man

EASY.......a 1969 Dodge Daytona in Hemi Orange with either a 440 or 426.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

Bandit72

i'd order a 1964 dodge d-100 CSS/HPP (custom sport special/high performance package) with a 426 wedge...cool old trucks!
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

471_Magnum

Good thread, but I think you need to qualify the question a little better.

Are we talking about what would I buy "if I knew then what I know now", as an investor? Obviously the answer is Hemi car... probably a '69 Charger R/T... 4 speed... stripe delete... black, silver or red.

OR the easy answer... '71 Hemicuda convertible.

If you're asking what would I buy to get me around on the streets, that's a little tougher. Wouldn't be a Hemi, that's for sure. I think I'd have to make two choices... one sleeper street brawler and one high speed cruiser.

For the street brawler, how about a '70 GTX, 440, 4 Speed, stripe delete... not sure on the color... probably black.

For the cruiser, it would be a '69 Charger R/T SE 440 four speed with just about all the options checked off. Again, color would be a tough choice. Maybe Q5 with a white interior.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Magnumcharger

My choice...if I could have: II would have bought the Dodge Deora from the Alexander Brothers in 1970. (I was 8 at the time)
It went for $10,000. Which was a lot of money in 1970 dollars.
Or I would have bought it for $70,000 when it was advertized in Hemmings in the mid-1990's.

It just sold to a buyer in Nevada for $385,000.
Not bad for an A-100.

Other than that, a 1969 Charger 500, Hemi w/fourspeed, with dealer installed 2:76 gears in the Dana (if possible). Of course it would have to be R4, and I'd likely have had a sign painter put "71" on the door/roof.

Then I'd point it down the highway between Edmonton and Calgary, and go for a world's record speeding ticket!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

rare69

light blue 65 hemi four speed light weight belvedere just like dads old one, for street fighting. and black with white stripe 69 daytona 440 four speed for cruising. then fill a warehouse full of hemi e bodies for my early retirement.

69Coronet

1957 Plymouth Fury 350 dual quad.

1971 GTX Sassy Grass Green White interior
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: RD on October 02, 2007, 10:02:35 PM
dont hate me but I would get this for my dad before anything...

then I would order me a 70 hemi challenger 4 spd 'vert with shaker hood (did they offer them in 70 or was it 71?), black with white hockey stripes and white interior (to include console and dashpad if possible), and absolutely every single option available.

Oh yes... a friend of mine has one studebaker President, like this with corvette engine ;) and green two tones
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

six-tee-nine

1968 Hemi Charger with 4 speed.

Black on the outside and inside and of course a stripe delete and a vinyl top delete.

Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

triple_green

black on black (stripe delete) 69 Charger R/T SE 440 4-speed to drive.

black on black (white stripe) 69.5 Charger Daytona 426 hemi 4-speed, dana 4.10 to keep in the garage and hold forever.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

C_stripes

Quote from: 471_Magnum on October 03, 2007, 06:12:33 AM
Good thread, but I think you need to qualify the question a little better.

Are we talking about what would I buy "if I knew then what I know now", as an investor? Obviously the answer is Hemi car... probably a '69 Charger R/T... 4 speed... stripe delete... black, silver or red.

OR the easy answer... '71 Hemicuda convertible.

If you're asking what would I buy to get me around on the streets, that's a little tougher. Wouldn't be a Hemi, that's for sure. I think I'd have to make two choices... one sleeper street brawler and one high speed cruiser.

For the street brawler, how about a '70 GTX, 440, 4 Speed, stripe delete... not sure on the color... probably black.

For the cruiser, it would be a '69 Charger R/T SE 440 four speed with just about all the options checked off. Again, color would be a tough choice. Maybe Q5 with a white interior.

I was thinking what cars we would have bought back then to pound on. not knowing how valuble they would become.  I see people saying HEMI cuda's to resale, But would anyone realy want one to drive??
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

71ChallengeHer

I won't want the Hemi Cuda for resale. A 70 Plum Crazy Hemi Cuda Vert is my dream car. Would I have driven it then, yes. If I was old enough. Would I drive it now, very little. :2thumbs:

C_stripes

would be fun.  But Hemis are tempermental.  But very fun.  Here is my friends hard top. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2636850

Mefirst

A Black 1970 Plymouth GTX with a red interior

440-6
4 spd
Dana 60

Steel rims with the "Dog Dish" hubcaps

Well here is a nice one...

/Tom

68RT4ME

I was 5 yrs old in '68 but, if I had been old enough, I would have wanted (still do...lol) a '68 Charger R/T 440, 4spd in Corp. Blue with a white vinyl top, black inter., no stripe and A/C(though not an option with 4spd back then)

My next choice would be a '70 AAR Cuda, 4spd, B5 and lastly, my top choice, a '70 Charger R/T 440-6 4spd triple Black, no strip, or silver stripe and A/C (again, my car, my choice) 15x7 Ralliesl Chargers like this gotta be about the meanest car ever made  :drool5:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

charger490

back in 1968 i bought a 68 charger 4 sp 383 with all the power brakes ,windows,steering and AC ,1 year later head on crash  charger490

supserdave

I might have just changed my mind..........

C_stripes

C_stripes

How about, "SUPER FUKIN SWEET DAYTONA!!!!"?   That better?  lol

70charger_boy

Quote from: C_stripes on October 07, 2007, 09:58:55 PM

:iagree:  but, you spelled fucking wrong

C_stripes

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 07, 2007, 10:04:51 PM

I didn't want it to be so vulger :icon_smile_big:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 07, 2007, 10:04:51 PM

Now go wash your mouth out with soap. :slap:

70charger_boy

71gtx

a 71 gtx black on black 426 hemi 4speed 410 dana or a 68 hemi dart 4seed :2thumbs: :drool5: