News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool stuff in your Garage

Started by keepat, October 01, 2007, 07:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keepat

I built a elevator from a small boat lift to put my bikes upstares in the garage to make room for the Charger. And all the part from the Charger when I restored it.
It cost less then $2,000 to make and I use it all the time!

What have you built to help make space in your garage, or anything that you think is cool?

Pat

69bronzeT5

The only thing cool in my garage is some muscle car posters, old licence plates, a chopper and a Charger :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

OttawaCharger

That lift is really cool!
I have this air meter that I restored:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

472 R/T SE

I don't know what's cooler, the bike or the elevator?  Nothing fancy about my garage.  I did build shelves and a work bench but it's all stuffed with junk now, nothing fancy.
What year's your Low Rider?  I had a '77, first year LR with 3500 miles that my Mom bought for my Dad as a present and I bought it from him. 

Our next house will have a loft over the garage and I'll need something cool like that to get my arse up there.

69bronzeT5

yep, nothing really special except the car and the bike
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

keepat

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 01, 2007, 08:35:53 PM
I don't know what's cooler, the bike or the elevator?  Nothing fancy about my garage.  I did build shelves and a work bench but it's all stuffed with junk now, nothing fancy.
What year's your Low Rider?  I had a '77, first year LR with 3500 miles that my Mom bought for my Dad as a present and I bought it from him. 

Our next house will have a loft over the garage and I'll need something cool like that to get my arse up there.
The Low rider is a 78 and my father bought it new, I have owned it since 1981 when my father past a way and left it to me. It has 11,000 miles and it is un-restored and perfect! Not bad for 30years old!
Thanks!
Pat

Old Moparz

That elevator is really cool, I like it.  :2thumbs:

Now I wonder if a 4 post lift can be ordered tall enough to get a car up through the ceiling, & up to the second floor? I know my second floor framing would never hold a car, but it might be an option for someone in the future who is in the design phase. All they'd need to do is to strengthen up the framing & supports to get the right load capacity. Some of the old warehouses in NYC were like that.

I am planning to use my lift to raise some bulky items to a large, loft type shelf that I added for storage. I want to get some spare doors, hoods, deck lids, etc., up & out of my way. The lift has casters I can put on to roll closer to the shelf, then slide these things off without trying to carry them up a step ladder. You can see the shelf behind the lift in the photo, it's about 6-1/2 feet from the floor.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

472 R/T SE

Right-on, we have a few things in common.  Mine still had the original Goodyear white letter tires on it, dry rotted tho.  Only mods he did was pipes, short sissy bar & chrome battery box.  It looked like the day it left the scooter dealership.  I still have the stock muffler, amf tarp & half windshield actually.

I really didn't want to sell it, too much sentimental value.  I got hurt and there was no way I could ever ride it again.  Plus the sale of it bought my crate Hemi.  :icon_smile_wink:

keepat

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on October 01, 2007, 09:06:49 PM
Right-on, we have a few things in common.  Mine still had the original Goodyear white letter tires on it, dry rotted tho.  Only mods he did was pipes, short sissy bar & chrome battery box.  It looked like the day it left the scooter dealership.  I still have the stock muffler, amf tarp & half windshield actually.

I really didn't want to sell it, too much sentimental value.  I got hurt and there was no way I could ever ride it again.  Plus the sale of it bought my crate Hemi.  :icon_smile_wink:
I would love to buy the original two to one pipes from you? My dad change the pipes the first year. and I had to replace the Goodyear tires from dry rot as well!
:2thumbs: :cheers:

71ChallengeHer

Just my 71 Chally and Shelby's 78 Super Coupe. :shruggy:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

keepat

Quote from: OttawaCharger on October 01, 2007, 07:42:28 PM

I going to Carlisle this weekend and I hope to find a old air meter like that!
Thanks
Pat

Magnumcharger

Quote from: keepat on October 01, 2007, 09:43:46 PM
Quote from: OttawaCharger on October 01, 2007, 07:42:28 PM

I going to Carlisle this weekend and I hope to find a old air meter like that!
Thanks
Pat

After looking for an ECO airmeter for DECADES, I found one in a guys backyard...offered him $20 for it...and got it. Restored now. Cost around $100 to get it powder coated, new chrome, lens etc.
Right after I did that one, I found ANOTHER one. Free this time...laying in the dirt behind a Honda dealership. And yes, I asked for it. They couldn't have cared less.
Gave that one to the "Steering Wheel Guy".
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

41husk

I was looking for a old gas pump to put in the mopad, I figured I could get one for $100-$200 in good shape,  I stopped looking, some of these owners think they have Hemi Daytona.  I guess one mans trash is another mans treasure!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TripleBlackGator

Hoping to build next year and go bigger with a lift.  :drool5:
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

chargerman68

my car is in my garage thats pretty cool does that count... :icon_smile_big:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

68chrgrwife

Quote from: chargerman68 on October 02, 2007, 11:24:56 AM

actually your car is in the driveway and our patio set is in the garage, but all the wall hangings make up for the lack of car....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Nacho-RT74

I live in a building... so maybe the coolest stuff on my building parking lot is my car, on jackstands with all the axle stuff sit down the car itself.

Oh and 79 or 80 Malibu 2 doors landau ( imported ). silver exterior, burgundy interior
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

41husk

I have some cool stuff on the walls in the mopad but the garages themselves are pretty bland, other than the cars of course!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Old Moparz

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on October 02, 2007, 11:28:09 AM
Quote from: chargerman68 on October 02, 2007, 11:24:56 AM

actually your car is in the driveway and our patio set is in the garage, but all the wall hangings make up for the lack of car....

:smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TUFCAT

Those are beautiful garages Keepat and Triple Black...!  :drool5:  I'll post a picture of mine after its painted - - but its really nothing special.   :bow:

andy74

i have a fridge full of beer in mine,plus a charger and some cool old dodge materials,have to get a pic

Mean 318

This is were the 70 sleeps!

Charger_Fan

That bike lift is just too damned cool! :icon_smile_cool:

My garage is pretty friggin' small. It measures 19x20 inside, with 10' ceilings...and I have a lot of crap to store. :icon_smile_big:
Last year, I decided to make a loft of sorts to help free up some floor space. It still looks crowded in there, but I can walk around much easier nowdays without falling to my death. :eek2:

Here's a crappy pic of the beginning...I had to shuffle around a lot of my stuff.

Finished loft floor, mostly empty so far. The end board appears bowed, it's not really. Dumb camera. :-\

I made room for another vehicle to fit...big Charger hoods are sometimes a big magnet to lay stuff on.  :icon_smile_tongue:

Then I made a more shallow loft across the rear, making the whole loft thing into an L shape.

It's still a big mess, but I can walk around in there now. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Damn CF, I remember the pics from when hurricane Andrew went through that garage, nice job.  :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry