News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Exhumed a 1970 Barracuda today!

Started by PocketThunder, September 23, 2007, 12:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

Quote from: rav440 on September 23, 2007, 03:44:51 PM
:cheers: nice find , glad to see it didnt fold in half when it was lifted .  :2thumbs:

Good thing it has a solid top. The right rear frame rail looks kinda gone.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Big Lebowski

Not bad, just a few minor rust issues. :popcrn:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

hemi-hampton

I like the way that leaf spring Shackle is sticking up out of trunk lid opening :smilielol: :lol: LEON.

Old Moparz

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 23, 2007, 04:15:57 PM
:scratchchin: so, how much?

I had thought that in his old post about the car, that he could have it for free as long as he came & got it.   :shruggy:

PT, you should have kept the VIN & engine size quiet, then posted some hints about how you found an old Hemi car on Moparts.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 23, 2007, 11:09:11 PM

I had thought that in his old post about the car, that he could have it for free as long as he came & got it.   :shruggy:

PT, you should have kept the VIN & engine size quiet, then posted some hints about how you found an old Hemi car on Moparts.  :D

I paid $50 for it.  I should have put a hemi story on moparts, that would have been good.  But they are having a pretty good time arguing over saving the car or not as it is.  :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

chargerman68

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 24, 2007, 08:05:35 AM

I paid $50 for it.  I should have put a hemi story on moparts, that would have been good.  But they are having a pretty good time arguing over saving the car or not as it is.  :rofl:

thats it only 50 bucks.....
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

TUFCAT

Old Moparz

:smilielol:   Now I have to slow down as I drive by to see if I can spot the dead body.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Nacho-RT74

Dash pad itself worths a lot. Looks nice conditions, and should be since down the forrest sure never got sun.

weird is the shifter knob!!! 74 and later kind... maybe non slapstick ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

70charger_boy

:o  50 bucks :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:  Why can't I be the lucky one?

chargerman68

Old Moparz

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 24, 2007, 10:56:15 AM
:o  50 bucks :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:  Why can't I be the lucky one?

You don't look hard enough.   :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

chargerman68

my reason is a live in san diego,ca where everything is expensive...

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 24, 2007, 09:35:38 AM

:smilielol:   Now I have to slow down as I drive by to see if I can spot the dead body.

Dont worry there is no floor in this car to hold a dead body!!  :o   :o   :o
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

paironines

Isn't it funny how the incomplete parts cars usually have their fender tag and the drivers seem like they are gone?   I pulled a 68 Charger R/T out of a similar situation and later after the tow ride home, I saw the fender tag was laying on the floor. Always seems ironic to me.

PocketThunder

Quote from: paironines on September 24, 2007, 10:03:59 PM
Isn't it funny how the incomplete parts cars usually have their fender tag and the drivers seem like they are gone?   I pulled a 68 Charger R/T out of a similar situation and later after the tow ride home, I saw the fender tag was laying on the floor. Always seems ironic to me.

ya, that is usually the case.

Well it went on ebay tonight, i hope to buy some full 1/4s for my C500 with the profit!!  :icon_smile_big:  ya right.. :brickwall:

Charger_Fan

Already up to $400, you're on a roll! :cheers: :lol:

Here, I'll do it. ---> LINKY <---  :nana:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 25, 2007, 03:12:49 PM

He posted the questions people are asking already too.

"Is the brown car for sale?"

"NO! & it's bronze, not brown."

The nerve of some people asking all kinds of dumb crap.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

70charger_boy

Hey PT,
I just asked you a question on ebay. :rofl:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 25, 2007, 03:17:50 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 25, 2007, 03:12:49 PM

He posted the questions people are asking already too.

"Is the brown car for sale?"

"NO! & it's bronze, not brown."

The nerve of some people asking all kinds of dumb crap.  :D

Especially since he says "69 Charger needs my attention" in the ad and its kinda hard not to notice its a second gen. Charger... :slap:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

PocketThunder

Auction ended at $999.  not too bad i guess.  It cost me about $200 so far to get it and pay my ebay fees.  so after all it was worth it to me. :yesnod:  i just hope he comes and gets it right away so my spouse can have her parking spot back in the garage... :nana:

Old Moparz

Quote from: PocketThunder on October 01, 2007, 10:10:36 PM
Auction ended at $999.  not too bad i guess.  It cost me about $200 so far to get it and pay my ebay fees.  so after all it was worth it to me. :yesnod:  i just hope he comes and gets it right away so my spouse can have her parking spot back in the garage... :nana:

I saw that, congrats.   :cheers:

I just saw another one listed that looks pretty rough too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Barracuda-1970-Plymouth-Barracuda_W0QQitemZ180163168152QQihZ008QQcategoryZ6409QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

PocketThunder

Quote from: Old Moparz on October 01, 2007, 10:14:06 PM
I just saw another one listed that looks pretty rough too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Barracuda-1970-Plymouth-Barracuda_W0QQitemZ180163168152QQihZ008QQcategoryZ6409QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I know, i was thinking, his car is in much better shape than mine, but he is not getting any bids.  maybe his will sell in the final hour.  the guy that bought mine live an hour away so i hope he comes and gets it right away.