News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some paint on the PIG !

Started by firefighter3931, July 10, 2007, 10:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2

Norwalk ? ,,,, get thrashin there......... :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

SeattleCharger

aw dang, that is beautiful,  and in the eleven's?  wow, sweet azz ride firefighter,  you deserve to have that car, thanks for all your help on the site     :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Brightyellow69rtse

damn im chimin late here car looks killer Ron! im not brave enough to take on black paint lol. my old truck was black that cured me on black paint. i could never keep it clean.  that motor has been waiting very patiently for that car. i will be personally insulted if i do not get the first burnout pic emailed to me lol.
             someday id like to get my yella car out to one of the big shows snag a pic with the two together for a nice wallpaper  :yesnod:  or if you drive 1000 miles the wrog way and end up in my area lol. anyway beautiful Ron, go stomp some chebbys........Mike

firefighter3931

Quote from: R2 on July 12, 2007, 08:46:10 PM
Norwalk ? ,,,, get thrashin there......... :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

I'm coming to Norwalk....with or without the car ! I hope to have it there but if not....i'll just crew for a certain 65 Plymouth !  :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on July 12, 2007, 08:47:48 PM
aw dang, that is beautiful,  and in the eleven's?  wow, sweet azz ride firefighter,  you deserve to have that car, thanks for all your help on the site     :2thumbs:

Thanks Nate, it's been in the works for a looooong time.....finally starting to come together.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Quote from: Brightyellow69rtse on July 12, 2007, 09:24:40 PM
damn im chimin late here car looks killer Ron! im not brave enough to take on black paint lol. my old truck was black that cured me on black paint. i could never keep it clean.  that motor has been waiting very patiently for that car. i will be personally insulted if i do not get the first burnout pic emailed to me lol.
             someday id like to get my yella car out to one of the big shows snag a pic with the two together for a nice wallpaper  :yesnod:  or if you drive 1000 miles the wrog way and end up in my area lol. anyway beautiful Ron, go stomp some chebbys........Mike

Mike, how ya been man !  :icon_smile_big: Hope all is well down there in Mass.  ;)

Don't worry, i'll send ya a smokey pic when it's powered up....hopefully i'll have enough juice under the hood to turn the tires over.  :D

You ever go to Lebanon Valley ? How about Epping ? What's the closest track to you ?

Ron

Brightyellow69rtse

Ron, ive never been to either but i looked into it and im dead center between the two. epping is 100 miles form me lebanon valley is like 105. charger still needs seat belts and even if i did that mt et would prolly put me in a unbrakeable state of depression :'(  i think warmed over hemi ram could give her a hell of a run if i can catch traction.  i havent driven the car in about an month and a half, had to swap the starter out and i kept finding this and that wrong and it snowballed so i just locked the garage and left it there. ive done some of the work and i could get it running again in a day or so if i get left alone and am motovated. some of the problem stuff i have to put blinders on for now though.

on the plus side i think i know why my clutch wont hold during a burnout anymore. motors leaking oil like a pig and guess what no flywheel cover so guess where the oil went?  lets just say theres slippery where there isnt supposed to be slippery. i think i fixed the leak but the clutch is gonna stay the way it is for now. the 400s runnin good but shes tired, maybe ill go rob a bank so i can build my 440 lol............Mike 

firefighter3931

Quote from: Brightyellow69rtse on July 12, 2007, 09:55:56 PM
Ron, ive never been to either but i looked into it and im dead center between the two. epping is 100 miles form me lebanon valley is like 105.

on the plus side i think i know why my clutch wont hold during a burnout anymore. motors leaking oil like a pig and guess what no flywheel cover so guess where the oil went?  lets just say theres slippery where there isnt supposed to be slippery. i think i fixed the leak but the clutch is gonna stay the way it is for now. the 400s runnin good but shes tired, maybe ill go rob a bank so i can build my 440 lol............Mike 

Mike, when i make it down to one of those tracks i'll give ya a heads up.  ;)

Sorry to hear about the problems. At least you know why the clutch is slipping.....might be time for a new one anyway. Wouldn't take much to build a 440 shortblock and you could use most of the stuff from the 400 ( heads, cam, lifters, rocker shafts/arms, headers, oilpan/pickup, windage tray etc.....)  :scratchchin:

Sounds like a good winter project !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Lostsheep

Wow love the black, looks great!!! :cheers:

Brightyellow69rtse

sounds good Ron lemme know.

i worked on her today, what happened is i bought a mini starter off eaby and the only way it would fit if if i crushed a header tube in half basicly and thats after some grinding to the starter. after a little bit of messing with it today i said screw it and i bought a stock replacement. yes its twice the size and double the weight but i got it in in about 20 mins lol. stupid ass mini starter caused me too much grief. starter works great the cars never started so fast in the 7 years ive had it. dunno if the oil leak is fixxed or not but at this point the way i see it oil i cheap lol. so all i gotta do is put the steering column back reinstall the seat and finish up my console restore/ custom kinda thing and ill be set :) ..........Mike

The70RT

How's the car look now?.........sorry if i missed a different thread other than this.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us