News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's been a long time....

Started by ChargerBill, September 28, 2007, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerBill

Hey everyone, I hope you are all doing good. I haven't been around much other than to peek once every few months but haven't posted in a while. There are a couple of reasons why... Mainly, most of you knew my problem with internet access a while back, and my jobless situation. Due to those couple of things I have lacked follow through in many areas of my life...either no money or no way to communicate with others half way accross the country. I also ended up having to stay in a friends studio (no online access) and on another friends couch for a while. Raising a 13 year old daughter under those circumstances is tough, so I was taking ANY job I could find: mowing lawns, yard work, freelance graphic jobs, paper delivery...I went from making $25/$30 per hour to hoping I got paid $50 a day. Some days I would tell my daughter that I ate a big lunch so she wouldn't feel bad when I fed her dinner and sat there drinking a glass of milk..or water. I've seen some tough times...but also blessed all the while. I have my health, my daughter, have always been able to sleep under a roof of some sort, my daughter has never gone hungry, I have always had my Bible close at hand and have always been able to somehow get to church and midweek Bible study. Another part of the reason I decided to lay low is I could tell that I wasn't really welcomed here much anymore. Not that Troy, Chris, Neil, HemiGeno, Bull and the core group of guys havn't always been nice guys, good friends and mutually respectful, but I was finding threads bashing me and my name that I wasn't even involved in. Off color comments about my political beliefs, or religious beliefs...or just the fact that I had an opinion differing from someone elses. It's fine to disagree, I welcome a good debate, but there was a lot of ugliness too. And yes, when I felt attacked or backed in a corner I came out fighting as well, and for that I apologize. If and when I ever offended anyone, hurt anyone's feelings or belitted you in any way I truly do apologize. God doesn't want that we should treat anyone that way, and I am no better than anyone else here. I've always tried to practice that and hope I never acted as such, but if so I am truly sorry. Staying away from here has been hard. I feel like a lot of you are friends, and really good men. For the most part I trust and respect the majority of the members here.

As far as my Charger is concerned...I sold it. It was a hard decision to come by but in the end I had no choice. A warm place to sleep and food in your kids bellies is more important than a hunk of cold steel. Things are starting to look up now...job prospects look good, I am now married - God blessed me with a beautiful wife, and I have 2 kids...a stepson who is 12 and my daughter wo is now 14 years old. God has always been good to me, faithful and true. I miss this site and I miss you all, but I am for the most part done here for a good long while. If I ever find another Charger and my finances are different I'll be back looking for tech info, parts, etc... In the meantime you all take care. Get on your knees and look UP to the good Shepherd when you're feeling low. Many blessing to you all....
Life is a highway...

Charger_Fan

It's good to hear from you again, Bill. :) I'm sorry to hear about your rough spot in the road of life, including having to sell your Charger, but am glad you were able to pull through & things are looking your way once again. Congrats on your marriage!
Speaking for myself, you're still welcome here whenever you want & I hope you pop in from time to time. Here's hoping for further success in your future! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

69Coronet

Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

Ponch ®

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 28, 2007, 03:45:10 PM
It's good to hear from you again, Bill. :) I'm sorry to hear about your rough spot in the road of life, including having to sell your Charger, but am glad you were able to pull through & things are looking your way once again. Congrats on your marriage!
Speaking for myself, you're still welcome here whenever you want & I hope you pop in from time to time. Here's hoping for further success in your future! :cheers:

What he said. Believe it or not, you are missed around here. So check in with us now and then.

Good to hear things are looking up!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Old Moparz

Hey Bill, welcome back. Sorry to hear about the down times, but hopefully things will stay better for you.    :cheers:

By the way, I see you still didn't fix the crooked "D" in the word Dodge in your sig.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

BB1

Nice to see you here again. Keep your head up.  :yesnod:
Delete my profile

volk68

Good to hear from you Bill.  Keep the faith and good luck with the future!

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69charger2002

hey bill, trav here. sorry about all your hard times man, but you are right, God has a plan and it's good to see you are keeping your head up. when it comes down to it, a charger is just a car. life and kids are way more important. PLEASE don't let a few unwell wishers keep you away.. sign on more when you get time
good luck with everything
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TK73

Whew, it's relief you got rid of that 2nd gen... now you can get perfection: 3RD GEN BABY!!   :icon_smile_big:

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

last426

Bill,
We always fought and always will, but honestly I worried and hoped that all was well with you.  Good to see that you are gettin' along -- it made my day.  Kim

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hey Bill glad to hear your situation is looking better.  I could not imagine going through that.
Remember you don't need a Charger to post here.  You have friends here.

Good luck to you & your family :cheers:

Chris
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68chrgrwife

Bill, we never really talked, but it is great to hear that God has blessed your life...remember...He throws us challenges to show us that He will always be there,  You had a spitiual battle to deal with and left....now You made it thru....come back...with or without a charger we will welcome you back.....Stay strong.....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Sinister68

-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

ChargerBill

Thanks for the warm welcome back everyone. Despite all the hardship I know that God has definitely blessed my life. Here's a picture of my wife Shannon, she's a sweetheart and my closest friend and ally.

You all have a great weekend....
Life is a highway...

TruckDriver

She is very pretty Bill. I'm happy for you :cheers:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Lowprofile

Bro! Glad to see your still around! Good luck with your new start! Nothing more important than family.  :2thumbs: "What doesn't kill us makes us Stronger!" 

Hope to see ya around once in awhile!  :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

bull

Wow! Out of the blue he comes back, but for a limited time only? I wish there was some way I could talk you in to sticking around brother but I know you've got a lot on your plate right now. You've been mentioned more than once here lately (even in a nice way by some of your "enemies") and I've been wondering how you were doing. It's good to finally hear from you and discover that you're doing ok. Are things looking up in the area of your career? At any rate, it's good to see you're surrounded by a caring family and are working toward a better financial situation. I know what it's like to be all but destitute but as you know we all have to keep plugging away and look for opportunities to learn and grow.

Take care and please don't be a stranger.

PS-your PM box is full. Could you please delete a couple and then send me your contact info?

Arthu®

:o You're back! I'm glad things are slowly getter better for you now. You had some really tough times from the sound of it, I can't even imagine going through that. Like bull said, you have been mentioned a couple of times over the last months and even though some might not have liked you opinion (myself included from time to time) on some subjects you are more then welcome here. Don't let the few that take everything appearantly too personal keep you away from the site. Good luck with everything.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on September 29, 2007, 11:35:40 AM
Bill, we never really talked, but it is great to hear that God has blessed your life...remember...He throws us challenges to show us that He will always be there,  You had a spitiual battle to deal with and left....now You made it thru....come back...with or without a charger we will welcome you back.....Stay strong.....

:iagree: That was exactly what I was looking to say. I had once a hard time but now I'm good, and I hope that you will be too.  :2thumbs:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

triple_green

Hi Bill,

I'm glad to see you back!

Sounds like you are following God's plan for your life as best you can. He will not fail you!

When the time is right you will get another Charger. For me it was a 20 year wait until my heart was right, and it was the right time relative to family and finances.

Keep taking care of your daughter and the new family the Lord has brought you!

Congratulations!

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

my73charger

Hey Bill congrats and God Bless!  (It looks like He already has blessed.)  Take care.

41husk

Glad to here things are better, I hope you continue to post on here if you have the time.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL