News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cam and Intake Ideas needed ..... for my new TTI exhaust.

Started by 2Gunz, September 28, 2007, 01:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Gunz

So heres the deal one thing always leads to another.........

I decided to get the TTI exhaust for my car.

Well I need to figure out what kind of headers my car has.... no clue no numbers and they are trash anyway.

So I decide to get the headers as well (2 f'ing expensive if you as me.....) and for an extra hundred bucks might as well

get the ceramic coated ones.

Well.... you cant break in a cam with the headers because the added heat will damage them, or so Im told.

Ive been thinking about it anyway so what the hell, might as well put in the cam with my old exhaust and break it in.

Then install the new exhaust.

So Im looking for a good Cam, intake combo.

Its a 69 440, thats pretty much bone stock.

With a stock tranny and 3.55 gears in the rear.

Im getting the 2" headers and the 3" out the back.

It currently has an RV cam in it (dont ask).

I would like something with some performance with room to grow.

Aka maybe new heads at some point.

Any great ideas?

Thanks

firefighter3931

The right cam (for you) needs to be matched to the rest of the combo. Are you willing to swap out the torque converter ? If not that will limit you in the cam selection process.

The 2in heades are too big for a street 440 build....a 1 7/8in primary tube would be much better....even on a 500hp build. Now if you're thinking stroker down the line and don't want to buy 2 sets of headers then go with the 2in right off the hop.  ;)

The Performer RPM dual plane is tough to beat with mild gearing (3.55's) and will make better torque than a single plane.

No matter what cam you choose it will need matching valvesprings and a new timing chain at least.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Purple440

keepat

Well.... you cant break in a cam with the headers because the added heat will damage them, or so Im told.

Never heard of that!

2Gunz

Quote from: firefighter3931 on September 28, 2007, 07:09:25 PM
The right cam (for you) needs to be matched to the rest of the combo. Are you willing to swap out the torque converter ? If not that will limit you in the cam selection process.

The 2in heades are too big for a street 440 build....a 1 7/8in primary tube would be much better....even on a 500hp build. Now if you're thinking stroker down the line and don't want to buy 2 sets of headers then go with the 2in right off the hop.  ;)

The Performer RPM dual plane is tough to beat with mild gearing (3.55's) and will make better torque than a single plane.

No matter what cam you choose it will need matching valvesprings and a new timing chain at least.  :yesnod:

Ron

I think I would like to keep the converter as it is.

At some point the engine will get retired and I hope to put a stroker in it.

So this 440 will be as good as it can be, but allow for a cheaper upgrade path.