News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here is the answer to the question that nobody asked....

Started by NYCMille, September 26, 2007, 09:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

It's cool. Although with the avaliability of '70 Coronet fenders, a repro Superbird nose would have fallen right on there, so why build a nosecone from scratch?
Rear window is a neat addition too.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

71gtx

Quote from: 471_Magnum on September 26, 2007, 12:22:32 PM
"That's just wrong. It's like making out with your sister... sure, she's a great kisser and a nice piece of ass... but something about it is just not right."

:smilielol: :rofl: :icon_smile_big:

mikesbbody

I can appreciate the fact its something different, but its not something i would have done. I like the wheels what are they? oversized welds?

Ghoste

70charger_boy

Why is it that people don't like those wheels? Would you rather prefer those boring ass ralleys with red polyglass tires?

Khyron

That was up at a local car show where I live. It's a 318 driven car. Paint is very nice on it. but.... it just wasn't my cup of tea. it had HEMI badges on it as well.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68RT4ME

Quote from: 471_Magnum on September 26, 2007, 12:22:32 PM
"That's just wrong. It's like making out with your sister... sure, she's a great kisser and a nice piece of ass... but something about it is just not right."

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:... That is just too funny....SICK  :eek2: for sure but, too DAMN funny!!!  :smilielol:

The car? Well...... Let just say it's not my cup-o-tea. Not crazy about the quarter panel graphic but, the paint schemes ok I guess and it get's an "A" for effort.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

TUFCAT

All that work, and UGH - those exhaust tips!  :icon_smile_angry:  Looks like they came from home depot.

Old Moparz

The more I look at it, it isn't a bad car at all, & there was a lot of work done to it that goes unnoticed at a glance. I can't get used to seeing the tail end of the Coronet with the wing though. The rear window has me baffled, I can't tell if it's a plug, if it's an E-Body as suggested, or whatever. I do think the 4 door rear window is larger than this one, but not sure. Personally, I like the stock, wavy, rear window & would leave that in place. The paint scheme & color choice is also very cool.

I like Coronets, & everytime I see one done nicely, I think maybe I should keep mine & sell the Barracuda.   :shruggy:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

pettybird

for the record, you guys pick this stuff apart just as much as we do on the aero board (it was suggested otherwise.)

Troy

Quote from: pettybird on September 27, 2007, 10:48:11 AM
for the record, you guys pick this stuff apart just as much as we do on the aero board (it was suggested otherwise.)

Which is even funnier since this car is something that never existed. Who can say what is "right"? I'd drive it everywhere (but I'd paint it all one color first - I'm not a fan of the two-tone look but that's just me).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

pettybird

HA see?  We're not the bad guys!

OK, we are.

I'm not a fan of the two-tone, but either color would look great on the car.

OttawaCharger

I like it.  If you're going to build a one of none, Why not?
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

70charger_boy

Quote from: pettybird on September 27, 2007, 11:16:58 AM
HA see?  We're not the bad guys!

OK, we are.

I'm not a fan of the two-tone, but either color would look great on the car.

You wing guys are brutal!!!

471_Magnum

Quote from: mikesbbody on September 27, 2007, 03:27:17 AMI like the wheels what are they? oversized welds?

I believe those are American Racing TorqLites.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

Mean 318

Mike puts the bomb here and waits for people to light it! LMAO well mike, whats the deal? You want to trade me that 68 charger and I will give ya my 70 coronet>? lol

NYCMille

Not quite yet man... Seriously though, when seeing the car in person, it just looked well... confused. :shruggy:

73ChargerSE

I thought it was the new project you were working on Mike hahah.  At first glance it looks a lot like a Daytona.

tommymac

The guy who owned that THING must have a body shop, because his key ring looked like a used car lot ring. Lots of paper tags and keys. Probably for sale and Inside wasant that great Saw it the same place as Khryon. It shure sparked up some interest though.

pettyfan43

The more I look at it the more I just go "HUH, in some ways it's kinda neat, and in some ways   :eek2: :eek2: !!!"

Seen better but seena  lot worse as well!!!!!!!

Khyron

Quote from: NYCMille on September 27, 2007, 12:17:27 PM
Not quite yet man... Seriously though, when seeing the car in person, it just looked well... confused. :shruggy:

the front being so high remonded me of the D.U.C.K. rides in Boston :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

70kracken

i can definately appreciate what he's done with that car, there's alot more creativity in it than making a general lee!
RELEASE THE KRACKEN

djcarguy

HELLO MODERATER, CAN WINGED CORONET PICS ,,BE POSTED TO MY THREAD???
     DARTONA&PICS OF WING CARS          BY DJCARGUY                     THANKS FOR ANY HELP AND YOUR TIME,DJ

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

Bob T

Hey, each to their own and all that jazz but to me, man it just looks proportionally wrong.
Wing cars are Wing cars . Period.
If a space was vacant next to that at a show, I'd keep driving till I found another slot . Just my  :Twocents:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.