News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here is the answer to the question that nobody asked....

Started by NYCMille, September 26, 2007, 09:57:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYCMille

:shruggy:

69charger2002

i like it, not necessarily the paint scheme, but the car is ok. looks like an e body back window
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

PocketThunder

Does it sit kinda high in front?  or is it just me?

I would drive it  :yesnod:   :drive:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BrianShaughnessy

I saw it up there.   It's built off a Coronet body.   I have no idea why. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

73ChargerSE

I like it.  Kind of looks like a 4 door window?  Or were those bigger?

41husk

I would drive it as well, not a fan of the paint scheme, but a cool car.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Joshua

That car would be really cool.......IF the wing and nose were cut off.......and the front lowered..... :2thumbs:

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Bandit72

Quote from: Joshua on September 26, 2007, 10:55:18 AM
That car would be really cool.......IF the wing and nose were cut off.......and the front lowered..... :2thumbs:

wouldn't it be better to just unbolt them?  :P
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

terrible one

The wing looks a little weird to me on the back of the 'Net, but I guess that's just because I'm used to seeing them on the Daytonas. Either way, real cool car, but have to say I would prefer it without the aero gear. What a clean Coronet that'd be (and is!)

471_Magnum

"That's just wrong. It's like making out with your sister... sure, she's a great kisser and a nice piece of ass... but something about it is just not right."
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

dads_69

Looks too much like a desperate attempt to build a clone.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Mike DC

Why bash it?  Looks interesting & different to me.  Sure beats that recent "E-body Charger" hack job that all the magazines are drooling over.

And it's not like we haven't already seen plenty of stock wing-car replicas.

1972Rallye

Quote from: 471_Magnum on September 26, 2007, 12:22:32 PM
"That's just wrong. It's like making out with your sister... sure, she's a great kisser and a nice piece of ass... but something about it is just not right."

Damn it! You just made my Pepsi come out my nose! Thanks a lot! :lol:

dads_69

Thats the funniest quote I've ever read here on this board. LMAO......... :lol:
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wasn't that from Tommy Boy?

Car is kinda cool.  I can deal with the nose but the wing has to go.....I like the paint scheme as well
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TUFCAT

Looks like a lot of needless work (and expense) to me.   Someone had some money to burn... selling it will be a bitch.  :yesnod:

Charger_Fan

The rear tires need to fill out the wheel wells more.

I like seeing the 'what if' idea, but I've gotta admit, it's just not my can-o-beans. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mefirst

471_Magnum

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 26, 2007, 02:27:32 PM

Wasn't that from Tommy Boy?

Actually, that was inspired by Topper Harley (Hot Shots). I may have heard it elsewhere though.

Here's the more accurate quote:
Topper Harley: My father used to say that not playing to win is like sleeping with your sister. Sure she's a great piece of tail, with a blouse full of goodies, but... it's just illegal. Then you get into that whole inbred thing. Kids with no teeth who do nothing but play the banjo... eat apple sauce through a straw... pork farm animals.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

70charger_boy

I'm confused :shruggy:  Is it a charger or is it a coronet??  Kinda like a mullet.  Business up front, party in the back.  Nice car though :2thumbs:

Lurker

1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Magnumcharger

It's cool. Although with the avaliability of '70 Coronet fenders, a repro Superbird nose would have fallen right on there, so why build a nosecone from scratch?
Rear window is a neat addition too.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

71gtx

:smilielol: :rofl: :icon_smile_big:

mikesbbody

I can appreciate the fact its something different, but its not something i would have done. I like the wheels what are they? oversized welds?

Ghoste

70charger_boy

Why is it that people don't like those wheels? Would you rather prefer those boring ass ralleys with red polyglass tires?

Khyron

That was up at a local car show where I live. It's a 318 driven car. Paint is very nice on it. but.... it just wasn't my cup of tea. it had HEMI badges on it as well.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68RT4ME

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:... That is just too funny....SICK  :eek2: for sure but, too DAMN funny!!!  :smilielol:

The car? Well...... Let just say it's not my cup-o-tea. Not crazy about the quarter panel graphic but, the paint schemes ok I guess and it get's an "A" for effort.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

TUFCAT

All that work, and UGH - those exhaust tips!  :icon_smile_angry:  Looks like they came from home depot.

Old Moparz

The more I look at it, it isn't a bad car at all, & there was a lot of work done to it that goes unnoticed at a glance. I can't get used to seeing the tail end of the Coronet with the wing though. The rear window has me baffled, I can't tell if it's a plug, if it's an E-Body as suggested, or whatever. I do think the 4 door rear window is larger than this one, but not sure. Personally, I like the stock, wavy, rear window & would leave that in place. The paint scheme & color choice is also very cool.

I like Coronets, & everytime I see one done nicely, I think maybe I should keep mine & sell the Barracuda.   :shruggy:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

pettybird

for the record, you guys pick this stuff apart just as much as we do on the aero board (it was suggested otherwise.)

Troy

Quote from: pettybird on September 27, 2007, 10:48:11 AM
for the record, you guys pick this stuff apart just as much as we do on the aero board (it was suggested otherwise.)

Which is even funnier since this car is something that never existed. Who can say what is "right"? I'd drive it everywhere (but I'd paint it all one color first - I'm not a fan of the two-tone look but that's just me).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

pettybird

HA see?  We're not the bad guys!

OK, we are.

I'm not a fan of the two-tone, but either color would look great on the car.

OttawaCharger

I like it.  If you're going to build a one of none, Why not?
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

70charger_boy

Quote from: pettybird on September 27, 2007, 11:16:58 AM
HA see?  We're not the bad guys!

OK, we are.

I'm not a fan of the two-tone, but either color would look great on the car.

You wing guys are brutal!!!

471_Magnum

Quote from: mikesbbody on September 27, 2007, 03:27:17 AMI like the wheels what are they? oversized welds?

I believe those are American Racing TorqLites.

Mean 318

Mike puts the bomb here and waits for people to light it! LMAO well mike, whats the deal? You want to trade me that 68 charger and I will give ya my 70 coronet>? lol

NYCMille

Not quite yet man... Seriously though, when seeing the car in person, it just looked well... confused. :shruggy:

73ChargerSE

I thought it was the new project you were working on Mike hahah.  At first glance it looks a lot like a Daytona.

tommymac

The guy who owned that THING must have a body shop, because his key ring looked like a used car lot ring. Lots of paper tags and keys. Probably for sale and Inside wasant that great Saw it the same place as Khryon. It shure sparked up some interest though.

pettyfan43

The more I look at it the more I just go "HUH, in some ways it's kinda neat, and in some ways   :eek2: :eek2: !!!"

Seen better but seena  lot worse as well!!!!!!!

Khyron

Quote from: NYCMille on September 27, 2007, 12:17:27 PM
Not quite yet man... Seriously though, when seeing the car in person, it just looked well... confused. :shruggy:

the front being so high remonded me of the D.U.C.K. rides in Boston :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

70kracken

i can definately appreciate what he's done with that car, there's alot more creativity in it than making a general lee!
RELEASE THE KRACKEN

djcarguy

HELLO MODERATER, CAN WINGED CORONET PICS ,,BE POSTED TO MY THREAD???
     DARTONA&PICS OF WING CARS          BY DJCARGUY                     THANKS FOR ANY HELP AND YOUR TIME,DJ

Richard Cranium

I am Dr. Remulac

Bob T

Hey, each to their own and all that jazz but to me, man it just looks proportionally wrong.
Wing cars are Wing cars . Period.
If a space was vacant next to that at a show, I'd keep driving till I found another slot . Just my  :Twocents:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

BrianShaughnessy

That car is now owned by a friend of a friend....      I can't recall the owners name.     My friend ( DoctorD ) off Moparts knows him well.    Owns several Road Runners and Chargers, etc.  but
isn't really into being online or anything like a lot of old timers aren't.   

I had seen that car one year up at Lake George and maybe one other time...  not my cup of tea.    I started to say something not very complimentary about it and ended up eating my words at the time  :icon_smile_blackeye:    not that that ever happens around here at all  ::)
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.