News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW - 68 Charger, price opinions appreciated......................

Started by bksfld68, September 23, 2007, 09:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bksfld68

Hi all -

Might be selling my 68 Charger.  Quick background on the car.  Originally a 68 383 console auto, triple green car.  Now it is a 383 4 speed, Viper blue, black vinyl top, white interior resto.  Everything on the car has been refinished.  New paint, body was in great shape.  383 engine rebuilt, a little hotter than stock, TTI's, Performer intake, 750 DP, 200 miles maybe.  Brake are all new, discs up front, drum in rear. 4 speed trans rebuilt, McLeod hydraulic clutch setup. Pistol grip ( I know its not a 70 :) ), just too cool to pass up.  All new interior, gauges redone, dash plastics redone.  Grill redone, new bumpers, all new lights.  A/c system from Cool Auto Air, not set up completely.  New magnums, 15x7 front, 15x10 rear. Hidden stereo, cd/Ipod.  The car really is beautiful, everything has been touched for the most part.  What would guys and girls think the market would be for this guy?

The car is my avatar, I will add some larger photos when I figure out how  :brickwall:

Thanks,

Ryan

70charger_boy

bksfld68

Lets see if these photos turn out...................................

One other thing, have the upper door pads in good shape, just had the wrong clips when I installed the first time, have not got around to it yet.  :popcrn:

Ryan

viper r/t

Man, that's almost my cars twin, same color and all. I'd be interested as 2 what you guys say  :scratchchin:

70charger_boy

bksfld68

Quote from: viper r/t on September 23, 2007, 10:24:42 PM
Man, that's almost my cars twin, same color and all. I'd be interested as 2 what you guys say  :scratchchin:

Must be a beauty!  :cheers:

Ryan

viper r/t

Quote from: bksfld68 on September 23, 2007, 10:42:32 PM
Quote from: viper r/t on September 23, 2007, 10:24:42 PM

Must be a beauty!  :cheers:

Ryan

You have a beauty there also  :2thumbs:

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

41husk

I would say 28-30 6 mos ago 25k now.  I would hold it for a few months MCG said the prices will rebound.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Back N Black

Very nice car, I agree 28-30. but you probally have more than that into her.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 41husk on September 24, 2007, 07:23:23 AM
I would say 28-30 6 mos ago 25k now.  I would hold it for a few months MCG said the prices will rebound.

:yesnod:   :yesnod:   :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Joshua

Tarzan

Did it sell yet?

How much do you want for it? Would you let it go for $25K?

Where do you live?

bksfld68

Quote from: Joshua on September 24, 2007, 05:54:56 PM
Nice Charger! :cheers:

Is the grill surround painted black?????

Good eye,  the grille was finished by Glen at GCAR, as were are the dash plastics and gauges.  He did a first class job.  The grille is painted correctly with the argent and black in all the right places.  I have the trim pieces for the grille but have not installed the new ones, the old ones did not do the car any justice once it was finished.  They new pieces became available about 2-3 months after the car was finished.

bksfld68

TeeWJay426

I'd agree with the 28-30K opinions as well. It's a beauty, and unless you absolutely had to sell, you shouldn't let it go for less.  :2thumbs:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

kylem4711

1970 dodge charger rt 440 4-speed
1973 plymouth barracuda 4-speed

ChargerSG

A 25-28K car to me, had been in May you would have get 28-30k for it, hope you get what you ask for it :cheers:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

bksfld68

Quote from: kylem4711 on September 27, 2007, 01:31:06 AM
so is it gonna be for sale?

Yes the car will be for sale, really want to keep it but I need the money for something else.

Ryan

70charger_boy

If I had the money I would give you 30 grand for it, but I'm broke