News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to get correct v-belts for my 69 Charger 440 4-spd car?

Started by A34, October 18, 2007, 04:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A34

Hey Guys,

I need to get a power steering pump and alternator belt for my 69 Charger 440 4-bbl 4spd. car. Anyone know where to get the correct belts and the correct lengths I need to get?

I hope to drive this car alot, so I need a good quality belt that will hold up.

Thanks,
:cheers:
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

moparstuart

get gates  most parts stores carry them    oriellys here  !!!!!
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

A34

Quote from: moparstuart on October 18, 2007, 04:47:53 PM
get gates  most parts stores carry them    oriellys here  !!!!!

Got a part number to reference?

Anyone know of anyone reproing Mopar belts?
Deo Vindice

69charger2002

i use gates on all mine.. i can dig up the part numbers if you don't get help by tomorrow.. whatever you do don't just walk into auto zone or oreilly's and ask.. you will make 2-3 trips. because their computer is NEVER right.. no joke i went a couple weeks ago to get an alternator exchanged.. the guy asks me what car.. i say 1970 dodge charger.. next question is "what motor" i say 440.. he says.. hmm all i see is 5.2 7.2 etc.. so i conform to his liter request and say "7.2" then.. then i swear with everything in me.. he asks me if it's FWD or RWD.. i just stare at him.. finally i said.. i am PRETTY sure it's RWD..  :brickwall:  THEN to make it worse, he asks me if it's a 1/2 ton..  :slap: i swear. i am not clever enough to make this stuff up. so after him realizing it's a CAR not a ramcharger.. he goes back, goes through it all again.. he brings me a starter.. and we had to go around again. i have started writing down part numbers so when i go in i just give them the number.. no more retarded person behind the counter vs. out of date wrong computer- for me.. i'm done with that
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

A34

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 18, 2007, 04:55:25 PM
i use gates on all mine.. i can dig up the part numbers if you don't get help by tomorrow.. whatever you do don't just walk into auto zone or oreilly's and ask.. you will make 2-3 trips. because their computer is NEVER right.. no joke i went a couple weeks ago to get an alternator exchanged.. the guy asks me what car.. i say 1970 dodge charger.. next question is "what motor" i say 440.. he says.. hmm all i see is 5.2 7.2 etc.. so i conform to his liter request and say "7.2" then.. then i swear with everything in me.. he asks me if it's FWD or RWD.. i just stare at him.. finally i said.. i am PRETTY sure it's RWD..  :brickwall:  THEN to make it worse, he asks me if it's a 1/2 ton..  :slap: i swear. i am not clever enough to make this stuff up. so after him realizing it's a CAR not a ramcharger.. he goes back, goes through it all again.. he brings me a starter.. and we had to go around again. i have started writing down part numbers so when i go in i just give them the number.. no more retarded person behind the counter vs. out of date wrong computer- for me.. i'm done with that
trav

Exactly why I'm asking here first sir !!!

:2thumbs:
Deo Vindice

resq302

If you are looking for the CORRECT fan belts, try Quanta Products aka Gastanks.com as they have the correct heat stamped cloth wrapped fan belts.   The disadvantage to them is that they sometimes stretch but that was typical of that design.  The original repro cloth wrapped belts is what I have on my car and have them on all year round, not just for show season.  If you were to go with the modern style belts, I would recommend Gates brand also.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mopar belts from the dealer on my 440...

check #'s here.....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

A34

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 18, 2007, 05:31:28 PM

check #'s here.....

Cool, thanks, never thought about current issue belts. Guess they're better than parts store stuff. Anyone had any luck with Quanta's repro belts? Someone told me they sqeak alot.

Deo Vindice

Just 6T9 CHGR

And fly off at high rpms......not 5500 rpm shift friendly (at least Ive been told that)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: A34 on October 18, 2007, 06:25:40 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 18, 2007, 05:31:28 PM

check #'s here.....

Cool, thanks, never thought about current issue belts. Guess they're better than parts store stuff. Anyone had any luck with Quanta's repro belts? Someone told me they sqeak alot.

been there done that!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

A34

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on October 18, 2007, 07:25:47 PM
And fly off at high rpms......not 5500 rpm shift friendly (at least Ive been told that)

I can't wait to do one of those in my car. It's been way tooooo looonnngggg..........

Speed shifting a B-body, how sweet it is......
Deo Vindice