News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vin question.

Started by photon, September 25, 2007, 02:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

photon

I need help with Vin info.  The car in question is a 69 RR or Sat.  I purchased the car without title or Vin.  I planned on using the parts that would fit on my charger project.  Since that time I have had a person want to buy the car and I dont need the parts anymore.  Is it poss. to find out if it is a RR with just the trunk lip and Rad support numbers?  I am very sure that the person I purchased the car from was very honest and there are no legal issues on the car.  The numbers I got off the car was  R   G9 I46882.  Does the G stand for the engine size or is it for the production plant.  If it is engine size my car would be a 383 2BL car.  I was told by the guy interested in purchasing the car that would make it a Sat. because RR only came with H coded 383 4BL cars.  Or does the G not stand for the engine size and I could still have a RR.  Can the last 6 numbers be used to look up the total vin on the car at the state DMV.  Would I have a RM21, RM23, or a RM29  Thanks for any help Photon

69Coronet

assuming the G in the VIN comes before the 9 then its a 383 2bbl Satellite.
Its no disgrace being poor.  Its just inconvienient.

Mick70RR

I know two of the characters in the vin are reversed on the rad support and trunk lid stamping. If it's the year code and plant code this would make your vin Rxxxx9G146882 so could be a Road Runner and was built at the St. Louis plant.
1970 Road Runner, 505 cid, 4 speed, GV overdrive, 3.91 gears
11.98 @ 117 on street treads

BigBlackDodge

Is there a fender tag still with car? Flat hood or does it have the vents?.................is it the original hood for the car? If the car has the pop-out quarter windows it could also be a Belevere............'69 Satellites did not come with these but the RR's did.

I have a similar 2-door '69 Plymouth parts car that needs a new home also... :D

BBD

Alaskan_TA

Apply for a state issued VIN tag. Most states will issue tags that show the original VIN number for the car as part of it. When you apply for a state issued VIN, your local DMV requests the original information from the FBI and they WILL have a record of what the car was originally.

Best of luck,
Barry

69CoronetRT

Quote from: photon on September 25, 2007, 02:17:02 PM
I need help with Vin info.  The car in question is a 69 RR or Sat.  I purchased the car without title or Vin.  I planned on using the parts that would fit on my charger project.  Since that time I have had a person want to buy the car and I dont need the parts anymore.  Is it poss. to find out if it is a RR with just the trunk lip and Rad support numbers?  I am very sure that the person I purchased the car from was very honest and there are no legal issues on the car.  The numbers I got off the car was  R   G9 I46882.  Does the G stand for the engine size or is it for the production plant.  If it is engine size my car would be a 383 2BL car.  I was told by the guy interested in purchasing the car that would make it a Sat. because RR only came with H coded 383 4BL cars.  Or does the G not stand for the engine size and I could still have a RR.  Can the last 6 numbers be used to look up the total vin on the car at the state DMV.  Would I have a RM21, RM23, or a RM29  Thanks for any help Photon

The year and plant are reversed on the radiator support so the "G" indicates it was built at the STL plant. If it is a post car its a "21". If it is a hard top it's a "23". "29" is not a valid code for a 69 Belvedere body style.

I don't have that car on file yet but I'd like to add it if we can learn more...
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

photon

I would like to thank everyone for the help.  It appears that it could be a roadrunner.  My Vin could be RM23?9G146882.  I will try and contact the state to see what I can find out.  69CoronetRT, If I get it figured out I will be more than happy to let you put it in the files.  Thanks again, Photon.

71gtx

Quote from: photon on September 25, 2007, 02:17:02 PM

:nono: you can get 69 sat with  383 4bbl auto or 4 speed :icon_smile_big:

photon

I need to correct myself  the car is a post car RM21?9G146882.  That is if it is a RR.

71gtx

yes its a road runner :icon_smile_big:  21 POST 23 HARD TOP  27 RAG TOP

RL Belevere

RM ROAD RUNNER 

RH Satellite

RPSport  Satellite

RS GTX

pettybird

does the car have a driver side (bolt on) muffler hanger?  that would at least put it as a dual exhaust (hp) car.  Is there body trim on the car/are there holes for it?  taillight panel trim?  what rear/gears?  VIN in door jamb on door? 

could you get a 383HP post satellite?  I don't think you could get a sport satellite post, and that would be the way to get the 4bbl 383.  chances are good if there's no muffler hanger that it's a plain ol' belvedere. 

69CoronetRT

Quote from: pettybird on September 26, 2007, 11:13:38 PM

could you get a 383HP post satellite?  I don't think you could get a sport satellite post....

You probably did get a 383HP in a post Satellite if you ordered the four speed without A/C. According to the White Book, only 30 were shipped so it would be real tough to find an original.

Sport Satellites were all hard tops or convertibles.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

71gtx

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on September 26, 2007, 11:56:00 PM
Quote from: pettybird on September 26, 2007, 11:13:38 PM

could you get a 383HP post satellite?  I don't think you could get a sport satellite post....

You probably did get a 383HP in a post Satellite if you ordered the four speed without A/C. According to the White Book, only 30 were shipped so it would be real tough to find an original.

Sport Satellites were all hard tops or convertibles.

they are no post satellite are all hard tops     :icon_smile_big:

71gtx

RL Belevere   post

RM ROAD RUNNER post or hard top rag top

RH Satellite  hard top or rag top

RPSport  Satellite hard top or rag top

RS GTX hard top or rag top :icon_smile_big: