News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

67 Barracuda....what's it worth? WTF - 2300

Started by The70RT, September 25, 2007, 09:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

There is a 67 Barracuda on Purplewave.com. It is about an hour drive from me. Any ideas on what I should bid?

http://www.purplewaveauction.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?purple13/2802

Thanks , Guys.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dukeboy_318

that condition, about what its at now 500-600
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

TUFCAT

From the vin it was a 1967 highline with a 273.  Core support shows it was originally red. It looks like a manual trans from the picture???  I have no idea what its actually worth.  But it would be a great buy for somebody if they can get it for around a grand ..... it needs a lot of work.  It might be worth more ...who knows?

TeeWJay426

All that front end sheetmetal, grille, bumper, etc.... can't be cheap to come by, or even that easy anymore. I would guess no more than a grand as it sits.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

70charger_boy

DukesofHoward

Quote from: dukeboy_318 on September 25, 2007, 01:00:35 PM
that condition, about what its at now 500-600
...and add about $25 for the custom Rubbermaid air cleaner cover.

69charger2002

man those slots alone are worth a couple hundred. i'd pay $1000 for it if it was near me i know that. now a notchback, no, but a fastback? would love to have one
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

The70RT

Quote from: 69charger2002 on September 25, 2007, 09:56:21 PM
man those slots alone are worth a couple hundred. i'd pay $1000 for it if it was near me i know that. now a notchback, no, but a fastback? would love to have one
trav

I was searching ebay and ther wasn't much on for one in parts. I did see a nose piece in fair condition with grills go for a 100 bucks on a completed auction. I dont know what a set of fenders and a hood would go for. I don't have any sheet metal for one.

bull

There's no way I'd pay more than about $800 for it. Truth be told I wouldn't even mess with it being incomplete like that.

Old Moparz

Quote from: The70RT on September 25, 2007, 10:01:35 PM
Quote from: 69charger2002 on September 25, 2007, 09:56:21 PM
trav

I was searching ebay and ther wasn't much on for one in parts. I did see a nose piece in fair condition with grills go for a 100 bucks on a completed auction. I dont know what a set of fenders and a hood would go for. I don't have any sheet metal for one.

I think if what's left of the car is good, it's worth about what others have said, no more than $1000. (Unless it was a Formula S.) I had a 1968 Barracuda convertible that was complete, but it had some rust issues. I learned that the '67 thru '69 A-Body Barracudas are one of the toughest models to find parts for. Layson's has reproduced a lot since I had mine, but sheet metal is very elusive. It took me 2 years to find a pair of front fenders worth buying, but they were for a different year, a '69. The cheapo, Chinese quarters are available aftermarket, but that's it. The other thing is the compatibility of parts between all 3 years. There seems to be more differences in them than the 3 years of 2nd generation Chargers. Things like trim, grilles, lights & lenses, hoods, front header panels, & lower dash pads.

Here's the one I had parked next to my Scamp. (I sold it to a friend who's working on it with his son.)

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Silver R/T

depends who wants it, to me its worthless someone who's into first gen Cuda's $600-$800 tops
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TUFCAT

These cars never got hot (for some reason).  Personally, I don't like the styling, but it was cool in its day, and practical with the folding rear seat. In fact, my Dad almost bought a silver 340-S (back in 1969) ....but he bought a '69 Charger SE instead - - good move huh?  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

blackcharger

I noticed grills, and nose sections at the Nats, and I wasn't looking for any. like anything else, the parts are easy to find untill you need them. If the frames, and floors are solid, I'd go along with $1000 tops.

HemiDave

Quote from: Silver R/T on September 26, 2007, 01:19:49 PM
depends who wants it, to me its worthless someone who's into first gen Cuda's $600-$800 tops

That's a second gen...but anyway, the 67s have the added distinction of haveing a weird idler arm setup on the k-frame. 1 year only. Also has unique dash plastic..kinda rare if it's not broken by that last scew to the right of the radio... :eyes: I've got a few 67s...one of each bodystyle and really like 'em!! :icon_smile_tongue:

Being it's a 4 speed...I'd grab it for $1000.

Dave
68 Charger R/T 440, auto

The70RT

Quote from: HemiDave on September 27, 2007, 02:13:36 AM
Quote from: Silver R/T on September 26, 2007, 01:19:49 PM

That's a second gen...but anyway, the 67s have the added distinction of haveing a weird idler arm setup on the k-frame. 1 year only. Also has unique dash plastic..kinda rare if it's not broken by that last scew to the right of the radio... :eyes: I've got a few 67s...one of each bodystyle and really like 'em!! :icon_smile_tongue:

Being it's a 4 speed...I'd grab it for $1000.

I couldn't see a clutch pedal. Does the shifter look like a manual to you?

Dave

TUFCAT

It looked like a manual trans to me also.  :scratchchin:

The70RT

Now I wish I would have bought this 69 a couple years ago that had a 67 clip on it and the guy had a 69 clip to go back on it. All for 1700.........i passed on it though :brickwall: I got out bid so now I don't think I will bid anymore on it. :-\

The70RT

70charger_boy

Don't worry, dude. A better deal will come along