News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

About to acquire #'s matching '69 Hemi Charger R/T

Started by bzabodyn, September 24, 2007, 07:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

hemi68charger

Quote from: bzabodyn on October 03, 2007, 11:48:18 PM
Here we go: (more/better pics tomorrow in new thread - best way to end this one is with some actual pictures!)

Congrad's..........  That car needs a good tearing down and start over...............  Good for you................
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TUFCAT

I'm eating my words.  :cheers:  But, it was risky telling the world before you had the car.... l wouldn't have said anything  GREAT FIND - AWESOME CAR!!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Nice find. Looks like it sat out somewhere for a long time. Hope your frame rails are ok. That would be the only thing that would scare me. I figured your night vision camera woul;d have brightened up the rear and side pics? Your probably gonna test the waters and try to flip it right???
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GeneralLeeTESH

AWESOME-the incredible thing is IT's a 4 speed and a HEMI car ! Does it have a Dana 60 sure grip rear-end and front disc brakes?
I'd keep the wing myself. DUKTONA needs a Hemi-powered 4 speed Posi rearended brother around... :scratchchin:
The TESH

68charger383

Congrats, you found the mopar holy grail :naughty:

Don't forget about getting all of the documentation from all the parties in order...easy to forget about with the car in hand...  :horse:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

hemi68charger

Quote from: 68charger383 on October 04, 2007, 09:30:10 AM
Congrats, you found the mopar holy grail :naughty:

No kidding.. Next to the Charger aeros, the '69 Hemi Charger is my favorite...........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

GeneralLeeTESH

Make SURE-the original owner did not get fu*&ed by the guy who sold it to you;otherwise we'll all have to DONATE to your lawer fund JUST to KEEP the car !
WHAT the hell is the ENTIRE story HOW you LEGALLY got it an CAN ??????? keep it   ? :-\ ::) :rotz:
The TESH

Charger_Fan

Friggin' work Nazi's blocked Cardomain. :brickwall:
But it sounds like it's nice. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70charger_boy

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 04, 2007, 01:33:45 PM

I can't stand Cardomain.  For some reason my spyware detector and virus software pops up and says it has detected a virus so I can understand why companies block that site

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 04, 2007, 01:56:05 PM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on October 04, 2007, 01:33:45 PM

I can't stand Cardomain.  For some reason my spyware detector and virus software pops up and says it has detected a virus so I can understand why companies block that site
I'm with ya, that's probably why it's been blocked here at work. It gives my firewall greif too, on my home confuzer.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

Nice looking ride.

so is it a factory hood pin car? I haven't seen a 69 with factory hood pins before.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69_500 on October 04, 2007, 07:38:53 PM
Nice looking ride.

so is it a factory hood pin car? I haven't seen a 69 with factory hood pins before.

So far I have 6 in the registry but no clear pics of the original location of the pins.....curious to see if this car was actually coded for them
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69_500

So I'm guessing that of the 6 you have information on, none are still wearing their origional hoods?

Just 6T9 CHGR

I only have pics of 3 of them and none have the pins still on them.  Actually pics of 2 that are confirmed "real"  The third is the car that was recently purchased off ebay with the fake tag.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bzabodyn

don't know where I could find the info on the broadcast sheet - any clues?

still waiting on the fender tag - as soon as I get it, I'll post it up and we'll see if the hood pins are the real deal...

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

hemigeno

Quote from: bzabodyn on October 08, 2007, 10:58:25 PM
don't know where I could find the info on the broadcast sheet - any clues?

still waiting on the fender tag - as soon as I get it, I'll post it up and we'll see if the hood pins are the real deal...

BZ

Try looking on Line 8 under "J Miscellaneous Items".  A few boxes will automatically filled out
J11  Glove Box Lock
J15  Cigar Lighter
J21  Electric Clock
J31  Dual Horns

You're looking for Sales Code J45 - problem is, they did not have a pre-printed box for that particular option on the 1969 form (Hood Pins were a late model year option and they didn't produce new Broadcast Sheet forms just for that reason).  Personally, I don't know exactly where under that "J" heading the sales code would have been typed in, but it should be somewhere in those first 17 boxes.  I haven't seen a broadcast sheet with the hood pins coded.  Daytona's B-sheets are not coded for hood pins since they were installed at Creative Industries rather than Hamtramck (they weren't noted on a Daytona's Fender Tag either).

My personal opinion is that your car is too early to have been ordered with them.  I have not seen anything that lists exactly when the Hood Pins were introduced, but I had assumed it was after the first of Jan, '69.   :shruggy:

Ghoste

I guess there is always the possibility that whatever car donated that wing, also gave up a set of hood pins.  It'd be nice to find out they were factory though.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ghoste on October 09, 2007, 04:14:58 AM
I guess there is always the possibility that whatever car donated that wing, also gave up a set of hood pins.  It'd be nice to find out they were factory though.

I didn't think hood pins were available in '69.. '70 was the first year from what I recall......  Someone correct me if I'm wrong... Geno?, Chris?

Troy
Troy

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes they were available.  Like Geno stated they were a mid year option.  The earliest true coded car I have is 4/28/69, while the others are late June & July SPD's

Doinig a little more digging I found a few pics of the cars coded for these pins.  Looking at the pics you can see the factory location was a bit further out on the hood.  None of the pics I have show the mounting point under the hood though.  Sadly I do have a pic of the BS for the V2 car but its too small & unreadable.  This car was purchased off ebay back in '04 for about $6500....someone got a real nice deal on this fuly loaded car that was in really good unrestored shape.  So far the new owner has not registered it :(
Also both these cars were coded for the V21 Hood Performance Treatment as well....

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

This one is a T5 RT/SE again, V21 option & J45 pins 7/11 SPD
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Just 6T9 CHGR

Here is a T3 RT/SE purchased off ebay by HLPAG & made into a GL in less than 2 months :rotz:
They never put back the pins

Looking closer at the original pic, it looks like the pins were located on the part of the fender where the hood bumpers are ....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

If they where inner mounted the only place to mount them is on top of the core support and that doesnt work well
     its too flemsy and breaks out .
All the ones I have ever seen factory are mounted outer for better structure support.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE