News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

About to acquire #'s matching '69 Hemi Charger R/T

Started by bzabodyn, September 24, 2007, 07:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzabodyn

Sorry about the delay - REALLLLLLLLLLLLY long story behind everything... I was under the impression from the get go that everything was going to go super smooth, but of course that is never the case - let's just say there are a couple of attorneys and the local sheriffs dept. involved  :o

BUT - THE GOOD NEWS! Looks like everything will be resolved tomorrow morning and the owner of the barn will finally "allow" my towing guy to access the car after almost a week now... like I said, REALLY long story!

After I get the car in my possession tomorrow, I will open a new thread with all the juicy details! (The short story - the owner on the title left town 15+ yrs ago, I bought the car from the "lienholder" of the title, the owner of the barn was storing the car for the original owner and didn't trust the paperwork, and the sheriffs tried to intervene but deemed it a "civil" matter - hence the attorneys)... all a small sacrifice to acqurie this special car!

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

70charger_boy

xs29j8Bullitt

Better get it before we hijack the thread again...  :nana:

XS
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

TUFCAT

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 02, 2007, 06:46:56 PM

Was the original owners name Rich Sephton?

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  70charger_boy - - you've been on fire lately!!

bzabodyn

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on October 02, 2007, 07:17:15 PM
Better get it before we hijack the thread again...  :nana:

XS

NO JOKE! About fifteen sub-conversations going on throughout these 110+ posts... that's why I'm going to open a new thread tomorrow...

BZ

Red Ram

Better hope the lienholder took the proper channels to enforce that lien, otherwise he has no right to sell that vehicle to anyone. If I was holding that car for someone, I would not release that car without a court order. Without a court order the police would be foolish to get involved.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

The70RT

Since the new thread will be on tomorrow this one is done? Ok then I will stir an old pot.....anyone heard from Booked by danno? :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

70charger_boy

bzabodyn

Quote from: Red Ram on October 02, 2007, 08:23:15 PM
Better hope the lienholder took the proper channels to enforce that lien, otherwise he has no right to sell that vehicle to anyone. If I was holding that car for someone, I would not release that car without a court order. Without a court order the police would be foolish to get involved.

Funny you say that - the lienholder is actually an attorney himself, so no worries about the proper legal action that was taken throughout the process...

BZ

70charger_boy

Quote from: bzabodyn on October 02, 2007, 08:51:28 PM

Funny you say that - the lienholder is actually an attorney himself, so no worries about the proper legal action that was taken throughout the process...

BZ

Dude, you actually trust an attorney?  Hillary Clinton is an attorney.  I can't believe a damn thing that comes out of her mouth.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 02, 2007, 08:54:09 PM
Quote from: bzabodyn on October 02, 2007, 08:51:28 PM

BZ

Dude, you actually trust an attorney?  Hillary Clinton is an attorney.  I can't believe a damn thing that comes out of her mouth.

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

70charger_boy

See what I mean...She looks like the Bride of Chucky......but, well......Tufcat, I'll let you say it

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

70charger_boy

Quote from: The70RT on October 02, 2007, 10:00:36 PM
What did Monica's mouth have over that? :lol:

I'm guessing a cigar, pizza and more saliva

I love Bubba

Magnumcharger

uh-huh
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

TUFCAT

Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 02, 2007, 09:58:59 PM

See what I mean...She looks like the Bride of Chucky......but, well......Tufcat, I'll let you say it

Sorry Charger Boy, can't do it. .....she tops my list of  "Chicks I won't hit"  :eek2:  NOT EVEN WITH YOUR BAT.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

70charger_boy

Quote from: TUFCAT on October 03, 2007, 07:58:33 AM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on October 02, 2007, 09:58:59 PM

Sorry Charger Boy, can't do it. .....she tops my list of  "Chicks I won't hit"  :eek2:  NOT EVEN WITH YOUR BAT.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, fine :slap: 

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ds440

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

68charger383

Attorney or not, the owner of the barn would have to try and serve notice on the owner (mail/newspaper), file a mechanic's lien for the storage and then go to court to forclose on the lien and get a judgment.

Get a bill of sale from both the barn owner, brother etc. to cover your a@@. Remember documentation is the key...over do it, in case 5-10 years from now you need to go into court and fight someones claim that the car is yours/should be yours. Also put in the paperwork that the parties will help you to perfect/clear title as required with the DMV.

Read the articles and case transcripts...everything you can on the standup GL and learn from it...do everything the court states they should have done to avoid this.

I don't know the deal you have with everyone to buy the car, but an attorney/brother would/should know the value of the car...so unless your paying $40-$50K for this car as it sits, go over everything on the car again, something may be wrong! Double check everything.

:Twocents: You said the owner of the barn is an attorney and a mopar guy...story to me is not adding up, he would keep the car and tell you and the brother/lien holder to go screw yourselves!

Good Luck :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

GeneralLeeTESH

The TESH

Magnumcharger

Question: This being the "Aero Cars" thread....why is this topic not in "General Discussion".
Did '69 Hemi Chargers become winged cars all of the sudden?
Or is it because THIS particular Charger R/T MIGHT have an owner installed wing?

Just askin' is all!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

moparstuart

it has a wing on it  that's all that matters

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemigeno

Quote from: Magnumcharger on October 03, 2007, 11:13:54 AM
Question: This being the "Aero Cars" thread....why is this topic not in "General Discussion".
Or is it because THIS particular Charger R/T MIGHT have an owner installed wing?

Just askin' is all!

I left the thread in Aero because of the initial question/reference to a Daytona wing.  It ended up being less about Aero stuff than what I thought it would, so it might indeed be more appropriate in GD.

However, if 70charger_boy wants to keep going in a particular direction, I'll just move the whole thing to Moderators Corner.  I get sick of reading politically-oriented comments (of any slant) which have no place on a CAR forum.  If anyone want to gripe about something not being where it belongs, start there. 

:flame:

learical1

Quote from: Magnumcharger on October 03, 2007, 11:13:54 AM

Just askin' is all!

DUKETONA just has a wing, and it's here.  I'd leave this one here, too.
Bruce