News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

About to acquire #'s matching '69 Hemi Charger R/T

Started by bzabodyn, September 24, 2007, 07:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bzabodyn

Hello all,

This is my first post on here so i'm going to start it out with a bang - tomorrow, I'm going to acquire a #'s matching, one-owner, 70k original miles, all original 1969 Hemi Charger R/T 4 speed (1 of 207 by what I've researched) - however, it's definitely not everything you think it would be - it's been abandoned since 1984 and has a considerable amount of rust in various areas (rear window, gas cap, trunk, floor pans - just with a 5-minute visual inspection).  I've heard about the car for years (it was basically written off as a myth until I actually found it) and the owner abandoned it in 1984 after financial diffculties and hasn't been seen by any of the locals since then... I'm kicking around several scenarios in my head, and what I'm going to do is just acquire it right now (the original lienholder is the one selling it to me - the original owner's setp-brother - for an amount that I cannot pass up, put it that way)...

I'll post several pictures tomorrow after I have a chance to look it over a little more thoroughly - after talking with a well-respected restorer of these cars, he gave me a few pointers on what to look for as far as "restore-ability" is concerned, but for what I'm buying it for, I could easily flip it for 8-10 times what I'm buying it for if I deem it is too big of an undertaking for me (either emotionally or financially).  This has definitely been a dream of mine to come across something of this mystique, and I will definitely keep everyone updated... from a newbie, ANY AND ALL ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

First question for you - the one thing that struck me as odd is that this car has what appears to be an authentic Daytona rear wing... the restorer I talked to said this would be the first he's ever seen, so I guess my question is, what should I make of it?

Like I said - pics to follow tomorrow... thanks for having me - it looks like this is going to be a bumpy ride!

BZ
1969 Dodge Charger R/T - 426 HEMI/4 speed/Track Pack

Magnumcharger

Can you see us shivering...................................................................with anticipation?

Well we are!

Bring it on!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

MsMopar

Congratulations! Post some pics when you get it home!  :2thumbs: MsMopar

bzabodyn

No problem - I'll actually have some pics of it in its current location first (in a barn with about 8 other project cars) - then its off to my father's shop where we'll assess the damage, etc... VERY EXCITED!!!

BZ

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

bzabodyn

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemi68charger

Good luck.. Look forward to pics and you have definitely found the right place.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

terrible one

Hemi 4-speed Daytona with no nose?! Hemi 4-speed car with Daytona wing added on?! Either way, that's awesome! Can't wait for pics.

PocketThunder

I'm pretty sure you should trade it to me for a 70 barracuda i just picked up  :yesnod:  :yesnod:  :yesnod:  You really want a cuda dont you?  :callme: :whistling:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Just 6T9 CHGR

Please be sure to register your new ride as well :thumbs:

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hemi68charger

wouldn't happen to be T5 copper now would it?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

bzabodyn

Quote from: hemi68charger on September 25, 2007, 10:57:52 AM
wouldn't happen to be T5 copper now would it?

Troy

nope - r4 red with black striping... had trouble getting to see the car today to take pics because no one around knew the combination to the lock on the door... talked to the owner of the barn (not the car) a few minutes ago and he is meeting me tomorrow morning so I can get in there... sorry for the delay!

...btw, it's definitely a hemi r/t 4 speed with a wing (don't know if the wing is a daytona/superbird/what - you all can tell me after I post the pics) - ran the VIN# against the info at 1969chargerregistry.com and it verified that (XS29J9B car)... is there anywhere else I can run the VIN to see about the options/when/where sold/etc??? I haven't done too much digging in the car yet, but it looks like I need to look under the rear seat for the build-sheet (don't know why it wouldn't be there unless the mice ate it)... anything else?

BZ

69bronzeT5

Quote from: bzabodyn on September 25, 2007, 05:24:28 PM
...btw, it's definitely a hemi r/t 4 speed with a wing (don't know if the wing is a daytona/superbird/what - you all can tell me after I post the pics) - ran the VIN# against the info at 1969chargerregistry.com and it verified that (XS29J9B car)...

BZ

yup, its an RT.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

69_500

The fender tag will tell you the main options on the car, and its located under the hood on the drivers side inner fender. (in case you weren't aware)

The broadcast sheet would be the major score in as much as telling you all the little details on the car. As far as where it sold new, that one seems a little easier. If your buying it off of the origional lean holder, the lean should name the dealership.

Ghoste

The70RT

So you think someone added the wing? Is it a daytona wing or a go wing?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on September 25, 2007, 06:13:11 PM
1969 Hemi Charger RT four speed?  :bow: :drool5: :2thumbs:

:bow: :bow:  :iagree:  :yesnod:     HEMI & a 4 speed  . need to see pictures  :popcrn: :popcrn: ......... :2thumbs:

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bzabodyn

ok, just so I didn't feel bad tonight for not posting pics - i swung by the infamous "barn" and shot a couple of pics from the crack in the locked gate... I know - I'm such a tease!

Enjoy... can't wait to find out more and get some more pics up for you guys...

BZ

Ghoste

Hood pins.  That isn't the factory location is it?