News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger is Finally Home 5-28-09

Started by SnoPro440, September 24, 2007, 08:06:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnoPro440

My Charger has finally been painted.  There is still a lot to do, but it will be ready by March.  It could be done in 3 weeks, but the nice weather isn't going to be around much longer and I won't have to worry about storage for the winter.  Plus it gives me time to find a dash pad, upper door pads and new wheels.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

moparsons

Looks great!!! :2thumbs:Can't wait to see it done! :yesnod:

TUFCAT

That's BITCHIN!  Btw, what's going on with the hood hinges - did they forget to paint those?  :scratchchin:

Back N Black

terrible one

Car looks awesome. I hope you're going to polish up those Centerlines and keep them on there!  :coolgleamA:

chargerman68

looks great r u putting on a stripe.if so red or grey looks great on blk :Twocents:
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

HITMAN 149

troy....
looks great!!! but what happened to the color you had??? or said you were gonna do maybee a silver?!?!??

and easy there chargerman dude...... (with the black & gray stripe idea!!!)  that's my color!!! LOL
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

chargerman68

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on September 24, 2007, 01:36:17 PM
troy....
looks great!!! but what happened to the color you had??? or said you were gonna do maybee a silver?!?!??

and easy there chargerman dude...... (with the black & gray stripe idea!!!)  that's my color!!! LOL

my bad i really like that combo but mine is yellow with blk strip

HITMAN 149

hahahaha only teasin!!!!!
funny cause i was talking to troy back when he was thinkin of selling the beast!! hahahaha glad he decided to keep it.. and i've got my own also!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:
troy good luck with the rest of the resto!!!!!!!! lookin gooooood!!!!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

chargerman68

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on September 24, 2007, 01:46:45 PM
hahahaha only teasin!!!!!
funny cause i was talking to troy back when he was thinkin of selling the beast!! hahahaha glad he decided to keep it.. and i've got my own also!!!!!  :icon_smile_big:
troy good luck with the rest of the resto!!!!!!!! lookin gooooood!!!!!  :2thumbs:

:cheers: :2thumbs:

SnoPro440

I haven't decided if I want a stripe or not.  If I do put one on, it will be like 1hot68's stripe, flat black.

Hitman, I decided to go with black because the body work turned out great and it is laser straight.  I'm glad I didn't sell it.  You still want the six pack hood that I used to have on it?  You were first to ask about it 7 months ago.  It's still at the body shop, but I can run up there and take some pics if your still interested.  I have no idea what shipping would cost from Minnesota to Jersey.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

SnoPro440

Man this has been a long process.  Here are some more pics from last Saturday.  It's coming together.  The parts from B/E & A sure look good.  I got the tail lights, the trim pieces, round marker lights, dash bezels, upper door pads and hood turn signal lights from Mike.  Lilwendal re-did my cluster for me.  It turned out great. Just so you know, the steering wheel will be replaced along with the wheels. 
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

SnoPro440

:coolgleamA:

2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

hemi68charger

Looking good !!!!  Good job...............    :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

bull

This all looks very familiar, except with more recent progress than I've been able to muster.

The oddest thing I see in your pics is an organized body shop. That's a pretty rare sight from my experience.

tan top

some great progress going on there   :yesnod:              looks real good   ..... :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charge-it

Looks great! Your in the home stretch, don`t stop now. My 68 is going to be triple black as well. I just finished rebuilding/restoring my heater box, my dash is completely rebuilt except for the guage cluster which should be finished in a few weeks. My grill is done, I also have the complete tail light assemblies from Mike at BE&A, along with the tail trim. My console is all built and I`m working on refinishing my brake/clutch pedal set-up. My house, garage, and basement are full of parts that are finished and ready to go. My 440 is all rebuilt, my 18 spline is all rebuilt, and my dana 60 is all rebuilt and installed along with all new rear suspension. I`ve got all new wiring harnesses and all my front suspension is new, painted, and in boxes. I`ve still got a long ways to go but when my bodyman is finished I`m hoping the reassembly goes fairly quick.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

SnoPro440

Thanks for the compliments guys.  This has been a long road.  It went from being just a paint job to replacing almost everything on the interior, replacing both quarter skins, tail panel, rear valence and other metal work.  There are some things that I still want to change but I had to draw a line somewhere.  As most of you know you could dump endless amounts of cash into these and it will still never be done.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

PocketThunder

Damn it look even better in pictures on my screen vs the little one on your camera.  :yesnod:  Did the car come with the roll bar or did you put that in?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

SnoPro440

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 21, 2008, 12:49:26 PM
Damn it look even better in pictures on my screen vs the little one on your camera.  :yesnod:  Did the car come with the roll bar or did you put that in?

The roll bar was in the car when I bought it.  It's just bolted in.  Yeah, the pics are a little easier to see on a monitor versus a little 2" camera screen. 
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

4speed

1969chargerrtse

Looks great, real great.  Ya doing a good job. :icon_smile_tongue:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.