News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Went to look at a 70 charger today...

Started by Harlow, September 22, 2007, 10:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

I called a guy about some parts I needed and he mentioned he had a charger he would like to get rid of. I drove out to look at the car and it turned out to be a total waste of time. The car had no dash or vin and was missing the front clip except the hood. It also had a medium sized hit on the pass side quarter. Too bad its so far gone, because it was very rust free. Anyway I thought I'd share the picture I took of it. I guess I'll have to keep looking.

That coronet in the picture is a 67 500. 383 car copper with a painted white roof. He wanted 4500 for it.

69bronzeT5

Too bad theres no vin or other stuff. How much did he want for the Charger? Also, can I please use the pic for my site? Can you email to me at cole_383@hotmail.com? :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Harlow

He wanted me to make an offer. Go ahead and use the pics. What do you pay? :icon_smile_big:

terrible one

Still looks to have some parts that you could get and sell. Offer him $100 or something and see what he says.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

blackcharger

Quote from: terrible one on September 22, 2007, 11:49:51 PM

Still looks to have some parts that you could get and sell. Offer him $100 or something and see what he says.
I'd definetlt try to grab it. be a good parts car for someone.

70charger_boy

ChargerSG

Thats a saveable 70 Charger, dont be so afraid for some metalwork :yesnod: To many restos go to scrap because of this...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Chris G.

Quote from: ChargerSG on September 23, 2007, 05:48:47 AM
Thats a saveable 70 Charger, dont be so afraid for some metalwork :yesnod: To many restos go to scrap because of this...

I don't think it's the shape of the car that concerns him, but rather the fact that the car has no VIN tag.

Does he have a title or bill of sale with a VIN number? Check the radiator support or trunk lip area for the partial VIN. Good Luck.  :2thumbs:

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

poppa

There's people looking for 70 everything.....and 68 and 69 .....
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

41husk

The car definetly had some good parts left.  what did the interior look like?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

70charginglizard

So what did he want for the charger???

Ive seen those tail light panels go for really good money on e-bay. and that one looks like it's in pretty decent shape. I'm sure if the price is right you got a great parts car for money back. I'd much prefer to see it back on the road again though. Too bad it doesn't have a vin.

I'd follow Chris's advise and try to check the radiator support for a vin number and go from there.

and of corse it's rust free. It's Arizona. ;)
70charginglizard

Charger_Fan

Did you ask him about the whereabouts of the missing VIN tag? Maybe he knows where it went, or has info on the previous owner. :shruggy:
Regardless, it's still worth snagging for cheap, even if you flip it to someone who can use it for parts. Maybe you can make a couple hundred bucks for your time.
I'd say if the guy wants more than $500 for it, leave it there. Hit him at $200 & see if he bites, you never know. :yesnod:

Oh & more pics!! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Harlow

The complete interior was gutted. The WHOLE dash was missing. There is no way with my budget that I could bring that thing back, its missing way too much. Do 'all the 70 hoods have the two recessed parts in the middle kinda like scoops with turn signal indicators? That hood was with the car, but I think it was off of a different  68? charger. Unfortunately I don't have anywhere to put a parts car and my mom would never let me' drag home a parts car like that and put that in the driveway. The car is missing the front clip, no engine, no interior at all. The doors looked decent. Now that I think about it I never asked him if there were more parts laying around for it. Once I saw the missing dash and vin I kinda just moved on to the RR hood I was looking to buy. maybe they had the stuff laying around. I think I'm gonna call and see if there was other stuff to go with it. If it had the whole dash with vin tag I might be tempted to buy it. It would be nice if it had the grill as well. 

70charginglizard

Did it have those Magnum 5's all around?

Those are worth a pretty penny if there all original. :yesnod:

I see a lot of original chrome there too.  :Twocents:
70charginglizard

Harlow

Yep. It had mag 500s all the way around. They weren't even missing any center caps.

tomdroptop

That 67 Coronet 500 looks good also. Was that by chance for sale too? Not for me have a friend that runds the dodge coronet registry site.

Harlow

The coronet was very nice. He wanted 4500 for it. Its an original 383 car with a 413 in it now. Just needed a little work in the quarters. Its not running.

blackcharger

I'd definetly find out more on that Charger. even if you flip it, might be $$ for your project, or post the info here. :Twocents:

70charger_boy

The 70 hood is recessed and has turn signal indicator slots in them, at least mine does.  I don't think a 68 hood would fit on a 70, but I could be wrong

hemi-hampton

I think all the hoods are Interchangeable but the 70 hood has much wider recessed scoops then the 68-69. Easiest way to tell in the gap between the scoops down middle of hood, real narrow on 70, gets wider on the other years, the space down the middle that is. Was there a Front Bumper or Grill? I could use those? How about front Bumper Bracketts? I say buy it. LEON. :scratchchin:

70charger_boy

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 23, 2007, 02:59:26 PM
I think all the hoods are Interchangeable but the 70 hood has much wider recessed scoops then the 68-69. Easiest way to tell in the gap between the scoops down middle of hood, real narrow on 70, gets wider on the other years, the space down the middle that is. Was there a Front Bumper or Grill? I could use those? How about front Bumper Bracketts? I say buy it. LEON. :scratchchin:

There is a guy selling front bumper brackets on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/70-CHARGER-FRONT-BUMPER-BRACKET-BUMPER-MOPAR_W0QQitemZ170150549342QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item170150549342

hemi-hampton

Yeah, I seen those, Thanks. But I need old used beat up Bracketts. LEON.

Troy

Uh, the hoods aren't interchangeable. A 70 hood only fits a 70 because of the shape of the front bumper. They all had the indentations but the ones on a 70 hood are wider and deeper. It would be nice to have if you had a place to put it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

70charger_boy

Quote from: Troy on September 23, 2007, 03:55:37 PM
Uh, the hoods aren't interchangeable. A 70 hood only fits a 70 because of the shape of the front bumper.

and the 70 has a latch tray that is unique to the 70's and the daytona's

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

73ChargerSE

I believe that's the same guy I got my truckload of parts from.  Way out on 86?

terrible one

If your mom won't let you bring a whole care home, buy the wheels, tail light panel, chrome, and hood off of it.

Harlow

Quote from: terrible one on September 23, 2007, 05:18:27 PM
If your mom won't let you bring a whole care home, buy the wheels, tail light panel, chrome, and hood off of it.

He doesn't want to part anything.

Paul, yeah he was way out in three points off of 86. He lived off a tiny little dirt side road.

73ChargerSE

Yep.  Was the Runner there?  When I picked my parts up I was going to see if he wanted to trade a 429 Thunderbird for it, never called back.

Harlow

He is a really hard guy to get a hold of. It took a week for him to return my call. That 68 runner he had there was rotted really bad. It had rot and a lot of body damage. It also looked the it at one time had a stripe around the nose and the back end and it had holes in the deck lid for a spoiler. He had it listed on craigslist for 2500 no engine or trans. 383 column auto car. Is this the same car? 

Charger_Fan

Quote from: hemi-hampton on September 23, 2007, 03:08:33 PM
Yeah, I seen those, Thanks. But I need old used beat up Bracketts. LEON.
I'll sell ya my old, used, beat up ones for $140. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

73ChargerSE

No, he has a '73 Runner.  The kid I bought my Satellite from actually bought that car from that guy.  Was that '70 the one with the cut quarter?

Harlow

I don't remember the quarter being cut... :shruggy:

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

69charger2002

does someone want to sneak in on a deal??   :yesnod:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Harlow

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL