News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen pics

Started by thrillbilly, September 22, 2007, 08:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrillbilly

Hey guys, I have a 1974 Charger SE, it is dark green and I have Cragars on it.  I have been thinking about switching to steel wheels with the little hubcaps.  I am looking for some pics of cars similiar with these wheels.  Thanks!!  Here is my car, let me know what you think.
"She ain't revved till the rods are thrown"  DBT

TUFCAT

Leave the Cragars on! ...it looks tough. If you want an original look (and still look tough) go with 15" Magnum 500's. This car won't look right with dog dish hubcaps in my opinion. A 73-74 Charger SE should be more upscale, since it was the premium model (also never available with dog dish). Full wheel covers were standard.  Nice car by the way.  :2thumbs:   

Charger-Bodie

i dont have any 3rd gen pics , but nice car youve got there!! I love the steelie wheeled look id go for it and just swap back and forth when youre bored with one or the other.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

moparguy01

well I can get you close. Here's my triple black 74 SE with steelies. no dog dish caps though, i have them, i just never bothered to put them on.

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

mikesbbody

welcome  :2thumbs: I have to agree with tuff cat, leave the cragers on I would if it were mine. btw tuffcat, what happened to your cat in the helmet avatar?

400/6/PAC

Welcome to the site.
Nice car.

AKcharger

little hubcaps...ewwwwwwwww, go with what you got

welcome!

41husk

nice 3rd gen,  I like the Cragars better, very old school.  but i'm sure there are many who prefer the dog dish look.  I'ts really up to what you prefer.  Get a set of steelies with some dog dishes, save the Cragars and switch every so often.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

thrillbilly

Thanks for the opinions and compliments, I appreciate it.  The pics of the cars with the steel wheels look pretty tough.  I do like the Cragars but I think the dog dish would look mean.  I am still undecided. :scratchchin:

TUFCAT

Quote from: mikesbbody on September 23, 2007, 12:06:05 AM

btw tuffcat, what happened to your cat in the helmet avatar?

I retired it for a while and decided to post my ride, especially since Brock no longer uses his cartoon identity  :icon_smile_big:  I'm just trying to keep up with the trends  ;)

TruckDriver

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 22, 2007, 08:22:24 PM
Leave the Cragars on! ...it looks tough.  
:iagree:

BUT If you go with the steel wheels and hub caps, keep the Cragars anyway so if you get board of the steelies, you can swap back to the Cragars.  :Twocents:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mikesbbody

btw tuffcat, what happened to your cat in the helmet avatar?

I retired it for a while and decided to post my ride, especially since Brock no longer uses his cartoon identity  :icon_smile_big:  I'm just trying to keep up with the trends  ;)
well they are both cool (the cat was great though) what can i say? i dont even have one  :icon_smile_big:

TUFCAT

Hey mikesbbody, I had to go back to the original avatar.  Once you go cat, you never go back.  I changed the caption this time  :icon_smile_wink:

Nacho-RT74

Bob will be drooling whith this charger... SE and bulged hood... just rest SE emblem and spoliers :P
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

chgr500

Quote from: thrillbilly on September 22, 2007, 08:16:21 PM
Hey guys, I have a 1974 Charger SE, it is dark green and I have Cragars on it.  I have been thinking about switching to steel wheels with the little hubcaps.  I am looking for some pics of cars similiar with these wheels.  Thanks!!  Here is my car, let me know what you think.

Maybe something like this...15+7 cop wheels and caps.....I recently popped these caps on and took off the centre caps I had previously.....not too sure if i like it or not....just something different and more shiney stuff....kinda goes along with the orange scheme going on  :icon_smile_cool:....looks a little too luxury or something...also takes away from the deep dish wheels.....I have four 15+8" OEM steel wheels going on here with 295/50 15's for the rear soon  :2thumbs:

WIW ???

chgr500

couple more....looked better with the rings on too I thought......wife's Roush Mustang in the background

mikesbbody

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 23, 2007, 11:14:37 PM
Hey mikesbbody, I had to go back to the original avatar.  Once you go cat, you never go back.  I changed the caption this time  :icon_smile_wink:

cool! when i think of "TUFFCAT" i always think of your cat in the helmet  :2thumbs:

thrillbilly

Now this is a badass car, steelies, wing, R/T taillights, hideaways, bazooka tail pipes and the window louvers.  Looks cool in the hot rod suede too.  Where did you get those louvers by the way?

chgr500

Quote from: thrillbilly on September 24, 2007, 08:05:15 AM
Looks cool in the hot rod suede too.  Where did you get those louvers by the way?

Purchased the louvers a few years back from a guy that was making them off eBay..he has since quit making them...

What about the wheel covers???  ... ya or na??

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722