News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How did/do you repair cracks in your A-pillar trim?

Started by bull, September 21, 2007, 09:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I just bought a pair of A-pillar trim pieces off Ebay and one of them has a couple of cracks in it. What's the best way to repair these cracks? I was thinking of just using super glue on the back side of each crack but they I got to thinking maybe an epoxy of some sort might be better, like maybe JB Weld or something similar. What has worked for you guys?

Upholstery guy

Buy some loctite epoxy it's about $7, and you can get some abs plastic from a stereo shop and bond a piece on the back side of the piece if you have the clearance on the backside.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bull on September 22, 2007, 12:28:25 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on September 22, 2007, 11:34:04 AM
id wait about 2 months and buy new ones!!

How much this time, $450 each?  :icon_smile_big:
U R A funny one Bull!! I think they are planning on giving them away as long as you have a valid VIN from a 68-70 b body!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

resq302

Who is going to be putting them out?  Tony D'Agostino?  I knew he was talking a couple years ago about making them.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Dennis K

For cracks in plastic I use stuff called Ambroid Pro-Weld, it's not a glue, it seeps into the crack and fuses the plastic back together. You should be able to find it at a hobby shop. I bought some online a few years ago when I learned about it since I'm out in the middle of nowhere with no hobby shops near me. Just google Amboid Pro-Weld and you should find some online if you want to go that route.