News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

After slicks and drag radials

Started by Ghoste, September 21, 2007, 06:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

What is a good tire for drag racing by other's experience?  I have BFG TA's now and I knew they weren't the stickiest when I bought them.  Is there a good comparison out there anyplace?

firefighter3931

Micky Thompson ET streets or Hoosier quick time pros. Both are excellent tires for the track but don't get caught in the rain with these on the car !  :o

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Any suggestions a little more "unsuspecting" in appearance?

Rolling_Thunder

I have been impressed with BFG drag radials...    from a short distance they look like normal tires thanks to their blackwall design...    I have no idea how they compare to other drag radials however.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

aifilaw

I hear good things about Nittos' as well at the tracks, but have never tried them myself, BFG drag radials have been my cheater slick of choice for some time.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Ghoste

If they have a somewhat similar first glance look like the regular TA's, then I may have to give consideration to those.  Thanks.