News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dana rear brake question.... missing some parts

Started by PocketThunder, September 20, 2007, 11:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

So i've had my C500 for almost 4 years now and i have never driven the car with the dana rear under it, I parked it when i got it and pushed it around from here to there.  So i pull the dana rear out of it and put it in my 68 for now and when i took the drums off i see that there is no brake hardware on the drivers side!  Sh!t!!  Now what do i do? 

Can i get this stuff at a parts store or do i need to start searching the internet or call Dr. Diff?

Is the hardware the same as a 8-3/4" rear?  I wouldnt think so but if it is i do have an extra one of those on my 69 SE parts car.

What i need is the two brackets that operate with the parking brake cable. Picture 1
The spring on the bottom of the shoes, (this did not come with my spring kit from napa).  Picture 2
The adjuster that is at the bottom (with the sprocket wheel). Picture 2
And that one piece that hold the brake shoe between the brake cylinder and the brake shoe. Picture 3

thanks for your help.  here are the pictures of what i need.

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

kamkuda

8 3/4 parts are the same.  It should be eays to find some of these parts at a wrecking yard or at a buddies.  If you are having problems locating the stuff, I can have a look through some boxes for you.

Rob

PocketThunder

Quote from: kamkuda on September 21, 2007, 09:41:30 AM
8 3/4 parts are the same.  It should be eays to find some of these parts at a wrecking yard or at a buddies.  If you are having problems locating the stuff, I can have a look through some boxes for you.

Rob

Nope, thats ok, i have a spare 8-3/4 under my parts car, so i'll get the parts tomorrow.  Thanks for the info  :cheers:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."