News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pittsburgh raceway

Started by mally69, September 16, 2007, 07:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

This upcoming saturday at pittsburg race way, they are having a nostalgic car drags. I am going to take the 69 there for the first time, and im hoping to be in the 12's somwhere... Does anyone have any suggestiions or tips or pointers? ..    This will be my first time at the strip but ive been there a few times and seen how thing's operate as a spectator but never sat in the driver seat...

beedees

:cheers Just be very aware that you can become seriously addicted to this sort of thing.

mally69

already addicted  just by being a spectator  :drool5: ...   i am building a 512 right now its  kinda exciting...   

heres the build for my 69 charger i am taking to the strip this weekend
440  30 over  with 10.4 compression
906 heads decked 7 thousanths not ported
hooker super comp 1  3/4 headers
full 3 '' mandrel bent exhaust with an  X pipe
comp 292 dur .501 lift     244@.050   cam is (advanced)
4.10 gears
tci 3000-3500 stall  street fighter convertor
TM-7 intake
mighty demon 750
mopar coil and distributer (mopar chrome ignition box )
car weigh 3820 with me in it..

mally69

anybody else going to this   :scratchchin:

gj69charger

Raced there in the Chrysler Classic this year. Excellent track. Be on your toes, they get you through the staging lanes really fast. Also, the burnout box is really close to the starting line, So you have to stop quick.

mally69

is there anything that i should bring  along with me

gj69charger

Depends on how fast your car runs. Bring a Snell approved helmet. I can't remember the cutoff rating. I got mine last year and it's a Snell 05, which is good through 2011. Also, if you are running aftermarket seat belts, make sure they are not expired(over 2 yrs. old). If you are running slicks I think you need a drive shaft loop.

mally69

i wasnt sure if i needed a helmet or not, or where to get one ,,, like i said ive never driven a car at the drag before so if i ask anyting stupid just let me know  :2thumbs:

gj69charger

No such thing as a dumb question. I just checked my 2006 NHRA rule book and a helmet is required for 13.99 and faster. A Snell 2000 expires in 2011 and a Snell 2005 expires in 2017. I got mine through Summit Racing. However I understand you can get them at sme motorcycle shops. Check around. If you can just watch the routines the cars go through until you feel comfortable with what they are doing. First rule. Always watch the track officials. They will signal you when and where to go. Here is a link I found when I first started that helped me a lot. http://www.lapeerdragway.com/drag_racing_tips.htm Good luck, have fun and be safe.

mally69

thanks for the link derfinatly has the info that i am looking for  :2thumbs: