News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Enthusiast Magazine is back!

Started by RECHRGD, September 18, 2007, 07:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

The wife came home with a Mopar magazine for me.  I subscibe to Mopar Muscle, so I thought it was Mopar Action.  Turns out to be the first publication of Mopar Enthusiast.  I think they had a mag out before but went under around ten years ago.  Anyway, it appears to have some good tech and performance articles with a decent layout.  Has anybody else seen this??  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

BrianShaughnessy

I don't know if you'd call it "back" as it's a new publication.

This is a view from the MA booth of what I saw for most of the Nats.   

No I didn't subscribe.     I did try to trade a new MA shirt for one of the orange GL shirts they were giving out on Sunday but Greg Rager told me to go rub a lamp.  E-booger thought it was funny.   

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Daytona R/T SE

They had a display at Monster Mopar Weekend a couple of weeks ago.

I looked it over, saw some of the same cars that are being featured in the other Mopar mags.

I was unimpressed.

The T-shirt was crap too.

I kept my money in my wallet.

It won't last a year  :flush:

mikesbbody

I think it would be great to have another mopar magazine  :2thumbs: if its given a chance, and people support it it will last longer than a year

Ghoste

I looked at it quickly at the Nats but ended up keeping my money.  I've long forgotten what it was but the subscription hawker said something that turned me away.
I didn't know Rager had anything to do with it?

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

41husk

I agree! It would be great to havve another good Mopar magazine, but I saw the publication at Monster Mopar as well, and also kept my money in my wallet.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Joshua

It seems to me there are enough Mopar mags as it is.......and pretty much all mags (Mopar or not), with VERY few exceptions, just have the same tech articles regurgitated each year ::).......
I haven't bought a Mopar genre mag, HOTROD, Car Craft, etc, in YEARS......

41husk

The more magazines the more opertunities to get pics of our cars published, but the problem is not quanity its quality.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Joshua on September 19, 2007, 11:29:46 AM
It seems to me there are enough Mopar mags as it is.......and pretty much all mags (Mopar or not), with VERY few exceptions, just have the same tech articles regurgitated each year ::).......

FYI:     Primedia owns / owned  Hot Rod,  Car Craft,  Mopar Muscle and a whole bunch of the other magazines.    There was some shuffling recently but stuff from HR or CC could end up repeated in MM or vice versa very easily.

MA, ME, MCG are NOT Primedia owned.

I learned quite a bit of inside info while at the Nats but I'm not at liberty to discuss it.

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Joshua

Quote from: 41husk on September 19, 2007, 11:46:01 AM
The more magazines the more opertunities to get pics of our cars published, but the problem is not quanity its quality.

I seriously hope this was meant as a joke........I could care less about having my car in a magazine...........

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on September 19, 2007, 12:17:26 PM
Quote from: Joshua on September 19, 2007, 11:29:46 AM

FYI: Primedia owns / owned Hot Rod, Car Craft, Mopar Muscle and a whole bunch of the other magazines. There was some shuffling recently but stuff from HR or CC could end up repeated in MM or vice versa very easily

That's not exactly what I meant...I meant that ANY magazine, take HOTROD for example, will have basically the same content year after year, with the paint and body issue one month, then the next year @ the same time of year, a similar issue, with same basic content......MOST magazines do this (not just car mags), regardless of publisher......it's the reason I haven't bought any new mags (with exception to a few REALLY good ones), as I already have the same info in my old ones.....hahaha! :icon_smile_big:

jackel440

I saw it ,and laid out some cash.what was i going to buy at the nats another 20$sandwich and drink :brickwall:
I read through it,and i liked the aricles.Seemed like a new take on things.I know they had some peeps write in about how they didn't like the ads and pics for the MCG mopar at the mansion in the other mags.It seemed they didn't want to have that content either,and then you see an ad for it in thier magazine. :shruggy:
Heck the ad in MCG showed less skin than thiers.It's all about money I guess.
I did like the articles though they were pretty good :yesnod:

bill440rt

I leafed thru my new copy just recently, & I like it. I've met Greg Rager several times, he's also judged my car as well at Carlisle. Great guy.
I really hope the mag does well, some stuff was refreshing. Ted Wagner, the tech editor for M.E. is a GREAT, knowledgable guy. Much of the staff from M.E. comes from the older High-Performance Mopar magazine, which was one of my favorites back in the day.
Mopar Muscle is becoming a rag. There are way too many mistakes, typo's, & plain incorrect information in their articles.
I've been a long-time fan & subscriber of MCG, but in the past few years it has become more of a "celebrity" magazine than any other. It does, however, have the most up to date info on new restoration parts & Mopar restoration hobby news.

Brian,
Trying to trade your MA shirt at the M.E. booth? PRICELESS!!!  LMAO!!!  :hah:   :smilielol:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: bill440rt on September 19, 2007, 03:14:09 PM

Brian,
Trying to trade your MA shirt at the M.E. booth? PRICELESS!!!  LMAO!!!  :hah:   :smilielol:

I had to work that booth 3 days in that sweaty cornfield.   I had a spare!   

But I'd have given him the shirt off my back - because I'm just that kinda guy.    It was pretty well sweated up but how many people can say that they have one of MY shirts!    I could sell that thing on ebay for big bucks but I'd have traded him straight up!   He should be so lucky!    :lol:     

Ghoste

mikesbbody

they have a website if anyone wants to check it out www.moparenthusiast.com I think they deserve a chance. first issues of ANY magazine are not necessary a indication of what every issue will be like. For example, the are some issues of MA which i really like and others...not so good. To be fair, they all have their good and bad points.  :Twocents:

TUFCAT

I've been a long-time fan & subscriber of MCG, but in the past few years it has become more of a "celebrity" magazine than any other. It does, however, have the most up to date info on new restoration parts & Mopar restoration hobby news.

I agree about your MCG comments and I still think its the best mag available.  However, the feature stories are just that.... stories - -  and usually lack detailed information about the restorations or the car itself.  Also, the political conversation in MCG is out of place.  It needs to go - - I'd rather read more of the car "stories".

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 20, 2007, 01:42:35 PM

I agree about your MCG comments and I still think its the best mag available.  However, the feature stories are just that.... stories - -  and usually lack detailed information about the restorations or the car itself.  Also, the political conversation in MCG is out of place.  It needs to go - - I'd rather read more of the car "stories".

Best part of mcg is that they pay for chicks to work the booths at the shows.   You can keep most of the rest.

moparjohn

I'm in this first issue, my friends and I rented a local drag strip for a day.  It's a small pic and write up but it's cool to have my 5 seconds of fame.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

bill440rt

Yeah, I recognized your mug!! Congrats!  :2thumbs:

Brian & TUFCAT,
Don't take my comments the wrong way. I LIKE MCG. MCG & M.A. are my two favorite Mopar magazines right now. To me, they offer the best content. MCG for the resto stuff, & M.A. for the tech stuff. MCG has just been getting too "Hollywood" lately. It's great that they are showing all these hi-tech mega-buck modified cars, but what about the guy who works two jobs, has a mortgage, child, bills, etc who can't afford to send their rust-bucket off along with $150K to have the car of their dreams return 2 months later? Oh, wait. That's ME!
Give me articles about real world modified cars & nice stock restorations. From what I've been reading lately, the OE Certified stuff has gotten even more nuts since I participated seven years ago. It's almost enough to drive you to an insane asylum.
And yes, the political stuff in MCG has been getting out of hand. Especially in the latest issue where they name some guy who might have serious legal trouble. Bet that did wonders for him.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

I can find stuff I love and hate about all of them.  At the end of the day, I suppose the fact that I subsribe to them all except this new one means I find more to like than dislike.

RECHRGD

I was confusing the new mag with the old Hi-Performance Mopar mag when I posted the subject.  So, yes, the reference to it being "back" should not be there, if it really matters.  Anyway, I read it in more detail and I like it.  But as long as it's talking about Mopars, it good IMO.  I'm easy.    :icon_smile_big:Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

mikesbbody

I agree with rechrgd, as long as its about mopars its good  :2thumbs: when i was younger and into my bmxing, one of the big magazines went down alot of people bummed out, then a new one started some of the people were from the old mag. It was cheesey to say the least (no color pics inside and the pages were like newspaper) I wanted nothing to do with it but it got better and better, i started buying it now its still going and is one of the largest bmx publications. I guess my point is give it a chance if you support the magazine, it can only get bigger and better  :2thumbs: if is anything like high perfomance mopar i think it will be great!