News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sherman and/or Goodmark Body parts wholesale

Started by Chatt69chgr, September 04, 2007, 10:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

Does anyone know if you can buy the parts that sherman lists on their website any cheaper than they what they list them?  Thanks.

moparguy01

usually its more expensive than the prices they list, since you have to go through a sherman dealer. they dont sell to individuals.

BlueSS454

I know of 2 Sherman metal dealers.  Year One, and Auto Body Specialties in Middletown, CT.  I got most of the Sherman pieces I needed from Auto Body Specialties at the Englishtown swap meet so I didn't have to pay outrageous shipping charges.  I got one piece from Year One 9rear floor pan section).  Also FWIW, the Sherman pieces I used fit like a glove.
Tom Rightler

hemi-hampton

Sherman does sell to Individuals or any Joe Smoe off the street that wants to Walk in. I know, I do it all the time since I only live a few miles away from them. If you have a Business or body shop you can register that name with them to get a discount. LEON. :pity:

Hemidog

Hemidog

btw, stay away from the rocker panels! they are total junk!

Chatt69chgr

Good to know about registering with Sherman.  Maybe my garage license will come in handy.  I am interested in the transmission tunnel (4-speed hump), left inner fender panel (battery acid ate mine up) and the left and right trunk floor pans.  Has anyone had bad experiences with these parts?  Fortunately, I don't need rockers but I appreciate the tip on these.

Hemidog

haven't put my trunk floor pans in yet, but the fitment looks good.

1970440RT

Hemidog, which rockers were bad, the full or shorts?

If they're both bad, any good sources? 

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on all my sheetmetal for my 68.

Hemidog

I've used the full ones, and they fit really bad, poor bends and curves.
actually had to cut across the whole thing, cut a piece off, and weld it back together.
the curve near the bottom edge of the door isnt as sharp as it should be.
Haven't heard of any good repro rockers, maybe you can do some adjustments like i did, or fabricate your own.

Joshua

Quote from: Hemidog on September 05, 2007, 12:27:36 PM
haven't put my trunk floor pans in yet, but the fitment looks good.

Be sure to let us know once you begin the install.....I'm currently rounding up sheetmetal for mine, and I need to do the entire trunk....
I plan to make patches for the 1/4's and rockers myself after reading some of the fitment issues.....