News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash/Instrument Panel Restoration Referrals

Started by Black and Blown, September 26, 2005, 05:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black and Blown

Over the winter I will begin that project.  I'd like to stay with the 'stock' dash, but I haven't ruled anything out.  Any vendors you'd recommend? 

472 R/T SE

They used to be one of the few sponsors on the old board.  They do all my work.  There's a write-up on them in one of the new Mope rags.  He's been in all of them I think, Gentry can do anything youwant, customize included.

http://www.autoinstruments.com/

bksfld68

I used G Car, met the guy at a Mopar show in Southern California.  He is up in Washington, did all my gauges and bezels and some other trim pieces.  Everything turned out real nice.  Website is www.gcartrim.com.

Nothing like a fresh looking dash.

Good luck

Black and Blown

Thank you... both look good... any others out there?

Just 6T9 CHGR

I used www.performancecargraphics.com

Highly recommended but their lead time is outrageous now.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Big Lebowski

I just picked up this new '70 woodgrain kit on e-bay, they are nicer than the performance graphics kit. I'll have pics soon when it's installed....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Charger-RT-Coronet-RT-GTX-Woodgrain-Overlays-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ80736QQitemZ4576945019QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Shakey

Quote from: AllBlueRT on September 26, 2005, 05:44:40 PM
They used to be one of the few sponsors on the old board.   They do all my work.   There's a write-up on them in one of the new Mope rags.   He's been in all of them I think, Gentry can do anything youwant, customize included.

http://www.autoinstruments.com/

Mine is going to VA in November.

Performance Car Graphics uses decals.  Can't comment whether that is good or bad.  However, when I spoke with them on the telephone they had said that it is impossible to silk screen the new faces on the gauges.  Again, can't comment on whether this is true or false. Lead-time, six months.  His comments lead me to believe that he is knocking his competition (which I did not know at the time), which was discussed in another thread a week or so ago!

I then spoke with Auto Instruments and they do in fact silk screen the gauges, as they did with the orginals.  Can't comment on whether this is true or false.

I got a better "feeling" from Auto Instruments and the decision was made to send the cluster there in November.

Both had a price of $600.00 USD (approx.).

I'd be happy to share photos when it is completed.

autodynamics

HERE ARE MINE THERE WERE DONE BY REDLINE GUAGE WORKS I CHANGED MY CLOCK TO A TACH AND AMPMETER GUAGE TO A VOLT GAUGE , ALSO CONVERTED ALL THE GUAGS TO WHITE... COST 1000K

autodynamics

Black and Blown

Quote from: autodynamics on September 27, 2005, 08:36:27 PM
... COST 1000K

Looks awesome!!  But I'd say a million bucks was a little pricey.   ;D  Just kidding, thank you for the awesome pics.  They did an awesome job!!  Your interior looks great.

Black and Blown

Quote from: autodynamics on September 27, 2005, 08:37:52 PM
AND ANOTHER

Is the lower part of your dash (the vent area and the glovebox door) the original dash?  Or is that replacement stuff?  Mine is beat up bad.

autodynamics

ITS STILL WORK IN PROGRESS, THE INTERIOR IS CLOSE MAYBE A NEW CARPET, BUT THIS ONE CLEANS UP REAL NICE, NEXT IS WHEELS AND INSTALL THE BAER BRAKES  HOTCHKIS SUSPENSION AND PAINT ..I WILL POST PICS SOON

autodynamics

ITS ALL ORIGINAL PARTS JUST CLEANED PAINTED AND REINSTALLED

Spartan

I just got mine back from autoinstruments yesterday.  What I liked is they silkscreened all the gauges, not decals.  It took about 3 weeks.  If it helps, asside from doing all the gauges, They redid the tach and clock (tach had a dead board and the clock was updated to quartz) refaced the odometer wheel.  Repaired the speedo (was really warn) and calibrated all the other gauges (and sand blasted and repainted the tach housing).  They also polished the lens and replaced the e-brake lens and the turn signal lenses and gaskets.   Total price was about $700 and was the cheapest quote I received.  Most quotes were $900 and were all done with decals.  I may still have the dash bezel sent out this winter to be refurbed as well but for now its just the IP.

I stripped off all the switches before I shipped it out just in case something happened in transit but you don't have to.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Charger Aficionado

Charger Aficionado

Look at this CRAP:   (Why didn't they re-chrome it, after all that work)???

ChargerHound69

That is funny :lolexplode:  All the money that guy probably spent on that car, and they couldn't even spend another few bucks on good chrome

Black and Blown

Quote from: ChargerHound69 on September 28, 2005, 02:16:21 AM
That is funny :lolexplode:   All the money that guy probably spent on that car, and they couldn't even spend another few bucks on good chrome

Who knows.  Maybe it needed to be done for a certain event and they haven't gotten back to it.   ;D  Judging by the rest of the car, it looks like those fellers certainly knew what they were doing!!   :icon_smile_tongue:  Man that is a sweet car.

plum500

There was a link posted on the old site to a place that sold the decal kits for redoing the gauges, basically could order in any color. Anyone know of the one that I'm talking about....wasn't any of these places.... ?

runningman

Quote from: autodynamics on September 27, 2005, 08:36:27 PM
HERE ARE MINE THERE WERE DONE BY REDLINE GUAGE WORKS I CHANGED MY CLOCK TO A TACH AND AMPMETER GUAGE TO A VOLT GAUGE , ALSO CONVERTED ALL THE GUAGS TO WHITE... COST 1000K

I would like to change my amp to a volt gauge as well, what wiring changes did you have to do?  thanks  matt

Spartan

Just to show you what the regular, original looks like. This is what it looked like before I sent it out the begining of the month. :sick:
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

Spartan

This is how it looks now. I polished up the switches etc while it was out.   My wife is happy to get the dining room table back now excpet the radio is still torn apart and sitting next to the IP.  Auto Instruments did mine.   Here it is   :icon_smile_big:

martinihenry

Autodynamics, I'd love to see a picture of how the white gauges look illuminated at night!

Jason

1969 Dodge Charger 318 (2 doors only, thank you very much)
1972 Dodge W-200 4X4 "PowerWagon"
...Only Dodge in my garage!

ChargerHound69

Spartan those look great.  I need to get that done on my car.