News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mysterious plug regapping

Started by Animal, September 17, 2007, 04:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Animal

Since running the nitrous plate system , the plugs have regapped themselves from 30 thou (which i set) to 25 thou & some being 20 thou , can't fathom this one.

Reason i pulled the plugs was to check for any detonation , plugs are a bit sooty , but no sign of alluminium on them.

Plugs are NGK 8s , running 250 shot of gas.

:shruggy:

jg68

Quote from: Animal on September 17, 2007, 04:54:45 PM
Since running the nitrous plate system , the plugs have regapped themselves from 30 thou (which i set) to 25 thou & some being 20 thou , can't fathom this one.

Reason i pulled the plugs was to check for any detonation , plugs are a bit sooty , but no sign of alluminium on them.

Plugs are NGK 8s , running 250 shot of gas.

:shruggy:

I'll tell ya, get ahold of Monte Smith over at Moparts, he's a nitrous guy & knows his stuff :2thumbs:

Animal

Thanks ,

Installed the plate with the "nos" stamp uppermost , as per instructions , turns out the plate was indexed wrong & installed the wrong way up , sooooooooo , spraying nitrous into the demon.

Spoke to Holley today , the guy said , "think the plate was assembled the wrong way when manufactured , have a nice day sir"  ::)

Anyhow , £300 of gas down the pan.