News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FIELD FIND !!! PICS !!!

Started by 70 Battle Horse, September 26, 2005, 04:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 Battle Horse

They are STILL out there....I left my name and #s in the door of the home next to the field. I then quicly snapped a few pics with my phone in the rain ( not the best quality)  of the VERY complete FK5 / FK5 = perfect grille - perfect tail panel - pretty nice interior complete with FK5 console. I hope to hear from the owner soon... I will continue to stop by untill I catch someone home....now where is that damned checkbook

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

Just 6T9 CHGR

WTF???   That thing looks like it was just painted!

Is it real?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Blown70

Quote from: 70 Battle Horse on September 26, 2005, 04:49:52 PM
They are STILL out there....I left my name and #s in the door of the home next to the field. I then quicly snapped a few pics with my phone in the rain ( not the best quality)   of the VERY complete FK5 / FK5 = perfect grille - perfect tail panel - pretty nice interior complete with FK5 console. I hope to hear from the owner soon... I will continue to stop by untill I catch someone home....now where is that damned checkbook

Did you just drive your charger in that grass ;D

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on September 26, 2005, 04:53:37 PM
WTF???     That thing looks like it was just painted!

Is it real?
Yep its real !! ......and it was raining

TruckDriver

You just know either "it's not for sale, I'm going to fix it one of these days" OR "it's for sale for $1,000,000!!!" :rotz:

I hope I'm wrong though.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Blown70

I do hope you can get here.

I once foound a 69 this way.  I drove in the yard actually to turn around.  And saw the nose of a 69 .   The guy come out of his house with the AD for the paper in his hand was just going to list it the next day..... STAY ON THAT>......

ScottW

Pretty remarkable.   :o
I thought it couldn't be real until I read that you took the pics in the rain.  ::)
I hope you can get home and back on the road.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

ChargerSG

Is it really that good or is it just the rain doing it? I hope you get it for a good price...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Recharger

Is it real?

Yes it does.  Looks like it was painted right there in the field.  I thought I was looking at dead grass, but I think that's paint overspray all around the car in that first pic.

mustanghater

Quote from: 70 Battle Horse on September 26, 2005, 05:03:50 PM

Is it real?
Yep its real !! ......and it was raining
I was thinking the same thing.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

cudaken

My guess with it looking that good reguard's of the rain the owner knows what he has. I know PIC make everything look better but the stripe in the PIC look's like it has help up very well. I would guess the Charger has not been out there for a real long time. Bet the guys garage is full of Mopar toys.

Funny story. Where I used to live had a 3 car garage, 68 Runner was sitting out side looking all sad and not loved. 18 year old boy rang the door bell and asked my wife "is that old Plymouth for sell"? (all so a good move act like it is just a old car) Sue said I don't thing so, but you need to talk with Ken.   My home officess is in the garage. She walked him in, there I sat at the desk surrounded by the 69 Charger, 70 Cuda, 70 Challenger T/A and I think 3 440's. First words out of his mouth was "Guess the 68 Road Runner is not for sell". ;D

Jamie and I became great friend's, but he is gone. :'( He got to wreck my Charger, all I did was laught and said "you buy the paint and mud, I got a paint gun".

Good luck and hope you get it.

Cuda Ken
I am back

SeattleCharger

Nice car, hard to believe the guy just lets it go in a field like that, pics look pretty good for a phone,

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Charger_Fan

Nice find!! Good luck, I hope you can get it.
How DID you find that, anyway?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

Are those mag wheels on the back with Cragars on the front?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

Quote from: cudaken on September 26, 2005, 06:10:30 PM
My guess with it looking that good reguard's of the rain the owner knows what he has. I know PIC make everything look better but the stripe in the PIC look's like it has help up very well. I would guess the Charger has not been out there for a real long time. Bet the guys garage is full of Mopar toys.

Funny story. Where I used to live had a 3 car garage, 68 Runner was sitting out side looking all sad and not loved. 18 year old boy rang the door bell and asked my wife "is that old Plymouth for sell"? (all so a good move act like it is just a old car) Sue said I don't thing so, but you need to talk with Ken.   My home officess is in the garage. She walked him in, there I sat at the desk surrounded by the 69 Charger, 70 Cuda, 70 Challenger T/A and I think 3 440's. First words out of his mouth was "Guess the 68 Road Runner is not for sell". ;D

Jamie and I became great friend's, but he is gone. :'( He got to wreck my Charger, all I did was laught and said "you buy the paint and mud, I got a paint gun".

Good luck and hope you get it.

Cuda Ken

Hey Ken,.. Is Jamie the teen with cancer you painted his car for?... Has he passed on?..

mustanghater

is it me or does it look awsome sitting like that in the weeds like its going to attack?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

charge-it

Randy,
I`ve been spying that car for over 10 years. Good luck waiting for a phone call. The guy is crazy and will shoot you on site!
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Nupe

Yeah!   And don't even go near his mother who owns the property.   She isn't very pleasant!   :o

I suppose I could always call him since I have his number.      :devil: Supposedly still not for sale though....

'79 Lil'Red Express.

JimShine

This past July I went up there and the woman was very drunk and rude and told me he was looking to get $7500, but have to talk to her son. I called several times, finally talk to her and she said he wasn't around, but would likely be back on Saturday. No calls. I go up Saturday and he isn't there. She says it is not for sale. Seems like every Mopar nut in the area knows of that car. I wonder if anyone offered them like $15K or more for it. That may pry it from them.

Nupe

Biggest problem is do you have the $$$?   No offense, but that is why a car like that sits because everyone lowballs the price or just talks BS.

And she was pretty well off     :cheers:   :boxing_smiley: when I went to the door.   Also a little tough on the eyes.   :-X

'79 Lil'Red Express.

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: charge-it on September 26, 2005, 08:30:43 PM
Randy,
I`ve been spying that car for over 10 years. Good luck waiting for a phone call. The guy is crazy and will shoot you on site!
That is exactly why I knocked on the door for several minutes before I went back to my truck to jot down a friendly toned note. Put it in the door then slowly drove down the to the end of the road - walked out to the car and hastily snapped the pics .... I never even attempted to touch the car - just looked in the windows real quick...... out in the middle of nowhere = no witnesses I felt a bit uneasy - but played it cool. In my note I asked if it might be for sale ...and if not , I have some parts he might be interested in when he "fixes her up someday" will see if I get a call...but I will persue talking to him directly

JimShine

Yeah, I went up there with cash in my pocket ready to buy when I went back. I told her I had cash and wanted to deal, but that seemed to piss her off more. She totally shut down communication telling me the car isn't for sale.

charge-it

Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Nupe

QuoteYeah, I went up there with cash in my pocket ready to buy when I went back. I told her I had cash and wanted to deal, but that seemed to piss her off more. She totally shut down communication telling me the car isn't for sale.

LOL!   So she was in the same sweet old lady mood as when I went up there.   Maybe he really does want to sell it, but nobody can get by the mother???   :icon_smile_dead: :P

'79 Lil'Red Express.

70 Battle Horse

Or maybe she killed the poor SOB and laid him to rest under the car :o She wont sell ,   cause she does'nt want his body discovered :icon_smile_tongue: Jeremy , I didnt know you got  the dudes #....why didnt you charm him with your rapist wit :devil: