News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

front bumper remowing

Started by suntech, September 16, 2007, 04:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suntech

Hi guys.
My 68 Charger is sitting in Reading,PA,  with a buddy of mine, and i got the idea to send the bumpers off for recroming.
He is not very familiar on wrenching old cars, and he has problems to find the best way to remove the front bumper. Can somebody tell me best way to do it, so i can forward to him.
Car is fully assambeled. I have not looked closely there, so i cant tell him.
Thanks

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

68charger383

remove bumperettes, lower valance then the front bumper. When its off to get rechromed, order 8 new bumper bolt/nuts and a new valance screw set.

Might want to pull the grille to repaint after pulling the bumper off!
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

suntech

Thanks a lot!
It will all come apart, as soon as i get the car home. I just wanted to get the recroming done, while waiting for AMD to have parts available, to bring home in same container as the car, and a bunch of XV parts.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!