News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New 68 Taillight housing are finally out and on Ebay

Started by 68charger383, September 14, 2007, 09:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68charger383

I was waiting for these to finally pop up. Looks like there finally here via P&G parts..buy it now $599 (ouch) its $699 on P&G's website. Hopefully they'll have a complete  housing/bezel/lens assembly package for a discount, otherwise its

$599 for the 2 housings + $235 for the 4 bezels + $155 for the 4 tail light lenses..thats $998 + you'll have to find a reverse lens for a complete light assembly ! :'(

Every so often P&G does a regular ebay bid to own auction without the buy it now...but numbnuts still bid the items to $20 or $30 less then the normally listed buy it now price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-68-Mopar-Charger-Taillight-Housing_W0QQitemZ120160561338QQihZ002QQcategoryZ140741QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://moparplus.com/product_info.php?cPath=65&products_id=497
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Brock Samson

68charger383

$599 for a pair (left side/right side) of the housings. $998 is the complete left/right side minus the reverse light lens.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brock Samson

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 15, 2007, 09:16:36 AM
yeah too bad it ain't a '69..  :D
thats why its more expensive, cause its worth it!! 68s rule :smilielol:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Quote from: 1hot68 on September 15, 2007, 11:01:58 AM

I don't know about it being worth it. No offense to the BEAParts guy or PG Classic but this part is geared toward the Hemi car, Barrett-Jackson, white-collar, flipper-type guys who never drive their cars but are pulling down a few hundred thousand a year. I'm not going to hand over a mortgage payment for new taillight assemblies anytime soon, I'll just have to make due with the ones I have. It would take me a good month and a half of working overtime to come up with that sort of expendable cash.

Sinister68

Quote from: bull on September 15, 2007, 12:53:00 PM
...this part is geared toward the Hemi car, Barrett-Jackson, white-collar, flipper-type guys who never drive their cars but are pulling down a few
hundred thousand a year.

...Or the single mid-30's guys like myself who don't have a family to feed (and can't find a high quality used pair)!   ;D

I just got mine from PG Classic this past week and they look worlds better than my old pair that I spent an entire weekend on.  :'(
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

472 R/T SE

Everybody knows, when it comes to second generation they saved the best for last.  :coolgleamA:

The70RT

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 15, 2007, 02:25:24 PM

Everybody knows, when it comes to second generation they saved the best for last.  :coolgleamA:

You got that right. Plus everyone is less likely to make it a GL. :D In a front end fender bender the big loop bumper takes the brunt more :nana:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

suntech

I think the taillight assembly is a fair deal ! ofcause it is alot ot money, but go to an Audi or Merceders dealer, and ask the price on a set of taillight assemblies for them.
I guess you would be in chock!!! At least here in Norway, something like that would be 2-3 K usd!! But i guess you guys are spoiled, with prices, and we in Europe are stupid, accepting our prices!! BTW we pay app. 8 bucks a gallom for gas!!!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

TUFCAT

There are a lot of really nicely restored cars that need these, and owners willing to pay the price for these just to be competitive with other high-caliber restorations. Of course, if your car is a driver, racer, or occasional lawn show participant this may be too much money.  I always appreciate when owners take the extra time and expense with exterior trim and other fine details found on such "stand-out" cars, and these bezels are no exception.  :Twocents: :Twocents:   

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: The70RT on September 15, 2007, 09:11:52 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on September 15, 2007, 02:25:24 PM

You got that right. Plus everyone is less likely to make it a GL. :D In a front end fender bender the big loop bumper takes the brunt more :nana:

they should have used 70s for the generall lee ......IT ALREADY HAS A PUSH BUMPER. :coolgleamA: :nana: :D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

tommymac

bull

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 16, 2007, 09:32:49 AM
There are a lot of really nicely restored cars that need these, and owners willing to pay the price for these just to be competitive with other high-caliber restorations. Of course, if your car is a driver, racer, or occasional lawn show participant this may be too much money.  I always appreciate when owners take the extra time and expense with exterior trim and other fine details found on such "stand-out" cars, and these bezels are no exception.  :Twocents: :Twocents:   

Sure, if they've got that kind of expendable money. But there are also some guys I know with very nice cars who've had them for years, have only spent a few thousand on the resoration and don't see the value in spending 1/5 of their resto cost on just taillights. These taillight assemblies definitely sound like a trailer queen item to me. At any rate, I can bet you that at a price of 'one large' everyone is going to stop and think about it for a while. There won't be too many people sending in a $1,000 check without a little reflection on the matter.

Khyron

I'm going to my garage and kissing my 69's tail lights  :icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bull

Quote from: Khyron on September 16, 2007, 10:41:23 PM
I'm going to my garage and kissing my 69's tail lights  :icon_smile_big:

Right. Meanwhile, you guys are always griping about bent up I-pieces. :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bull on September 16, 2007, 07:09:41 PM

Sure, if they've got that kind of expendable money. But there are also some guys I know with very nice cars who've had them for years, have only spent a few thousand on the resoration and don't see the value in spending 1/5 of their resto cost on just taillights. These taillight assemblies definitely sound like a trailer queen item to me. At any rate, I can bet you that at a price of 'one large' everyone is going to stop and think about it for a while. There won't be too many people sending in a $1,000 check without a little reflection on the matter.
GEEZ Bull to be that tight and have a charger is not a very good combo! WE ALL GET IT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BUY THESE !! enuf is enuf !! why is it youre personal mission to be the new tail light vidulanty ? some of us will buy some wont , leave it at that. :eek2:

Charger-Bodie

PG Classic & B/E & A work together making their restoration parts.  It is my understanding that there are 2 runs of each part, one with the Penta Star and one without, B/E & A does all the licensed parts with all the markings.  The licensed parts do cost a little more because of the licensing fees they have to pay.  PG is in Canada and B/E & A is here in the US, both companies are quality and the parts are made from the same tools.  Call Mike at B/E & A if you need any additional info, he loves talking Mopar since he is a Mopar guy like us.

B/E & A has started a thread for a group buy for the 68 charger tail light assemblies and im also going to post this to the group buy thread too.

i just wanted to post this to clear up the confusion about BE/A and pgclassics!!

TUFCAT

Both companies are making some very professional looking authentic restoration parts  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  - probably the two best in the industry!!  :Twocents: :Twocents:

bull

Quote from: 1hot68 on September 17, 2007, 08:55:23 AM

GEEZ Bull to be that tight and have a charger is not a very good combo! WE ALL GET IT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BUY THESE !! enuf is enuf !! why is it youre personal mission to be the new tail light vidulanty ? some of us will buy some wont , leave it at that. :eek2:

GEEZ 1hot68 to be that tight with these parts guys makes me wonder if you're in with them somehow. WE ALL GET IT YOU ARE DOING ADS FOR THEM ON THIS SITE !! enuf is enuf !! why is it your personal mission to be the new PG Classic spokesman ? some of us think we're getting gouged by parts reproducers some dont , leave it at that. :eek2:

Listen, If I think something is priced too high I'm going to talk about it. This is not a format for PG Classic to advertise (free I might add) and expect no rebuttals, this is a discussion format. I have as much right to post three times about how these parts are too expensive as you or any other guy has to post three times about how they're awesome and priced just right. And to say "being tight and owning a Charger is not a very good combo" certainly proves my point, don't you think? It's just too bad that you guys feel you have to join the gouge-fest and do what seems a lot like taking advantage of people. By the way, I don't equate 'being tight' with being smart with my money. That's a little bit like telling the US Army it's being too tight because it doesn't want to pay $3,000 for toilet seats any more. But hey, this is America. If you guys want to charge twice as much and sell half as many that's your business. If I were you guys maybe I'd do the same but I'm not, so I'm on the side of the not-so-rich guys who just want to drive their dream cars because I'm one of them.

TUFCAT

Its okay Bull, just realize that some people are more picky (and willing to allocate more money) to their pride and joy.  :cheers:

bull

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 17, 2007, 07:40:57 PM
Its okay Bull, just realize that some people are more picky (and willing to allocate more money) to their pride and joy.  :cheers:

I think you mean able to allocate more money. Willing has nothing to do with it in my case. And I'm willing to bet I'm a lot more picky than you could imagine.

TUFCAT

Quote from: bull on September 17, 2007, 07:53:02 PM

I think you mean able to allocate more money.

That's exactly what I meant - well put.  :icon_smile_cool: 

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bull on September 17, 2007, 07:26:18 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on September 17, 2007, 08:55:23 AM

GEEZ 1hot68 to be that tight with these parts guys makes me wonder if you're in with them somehow. WE ALL GET IT YOU ARE DOING ADS FOR THEM ON THIS SITE !! enuf is enuf !! why is it your personal mission to be the new PG Classic spokesman ? some of us think we're getting gouged by parts reproducers some dont , leave it at that. :eek2:

Listen, If I think something is priced too high I'm going to talk about it. This is not a format for PG Classic to advertise (free I might add) and expect no rebuttals, this is a discussion format. I have as much right to post three times about how these parts are too expensive as you or any other guy has to post three times about how they're awesome and priced just right. And to say "being tight and owning a Charger is not a very good combo" certainly proves my point, don't you think? It's just too bad that you guys feel you have to join the gouge-fest and do what seems a lot like taking advantage of people. By the way, I don't equate 'being tight' with being smart with my money. That's a little bit like telling the US Army it's being too tight because it doesn't want to pay $3,000 for toilet seats any more. But hey, this is America. If you guys want to charge twice as much and sell half as many that's your business. If I were you guys maybe I'd do the same but I'm not, so I'm on the side of the not-so-rich guys who just want to drive their dream cars because I'm one of them.

Bull I do not work for pg or BE/A  BUT ive been in this hobby for a long time and for the longest part of that time NOBODY repoped ANY decent parts for mopar and i for one am just glad that someone finally is making VERY  high quality parts for OUR cars not just for rustangs and chovels . and i for one would like them to survive and keep bringing out more parts for the best Muscle cars ever!! PERIOD